Posts by Regole

Thursday is maintenance day (starting at 10:00 CET)! We are trying to keep it as short as possible.

Honestly i would be really ashamed to post something like this :)

Well, seeing as you failed to post a better plan first despite having plenty of time in which to do so yourself, someone else had to take up your slack as best they could. If you're so certain you can do better, feel free to prove it—it can only help all of us.

Also im wondering what you did the last 3-4 years when you didn't manage it to do RG?

Also, I'm wondering what you've been doing that you couldn't write up and post what is apparently your much more awesome strategy, since you have literally no legitimate reason to childishly ridicule someone else's attempt to be helpful? The OP invited others to post something useful, so it's not like you'd be overstepping if you offered something of actual value rather than shallow bravado.

The thing is.. you can't win an argument with this guy. He'll always make it look like he's winning, even if he's not. He'll just flip you off when he gets tired of his own bs

Thank you, I thought the name seemed familiar. There are times when I find it strangely difficult to keep these one-trick ponies straight—I suppose for lack of novelty in their method.

1) You are aware, and make people aware of this problem. DP is on its last legs, if something breaks without people being warned about it, it scares people.

2) IF you are making progress, and what went wrong. I mean, ofcourse you probably got no idea what broke or when it'll be up, but tell us this! It's better than people making theories of DP going down with bigger conspiracy theories than whomever killed JFK.

3) C. o. m. m. u. n. i. c. a. t. e. We know DP's state, we know SH's state. We know how Gamigo thinks of us. We know how RW cares about us. What more can you say that could harm the game? Nothing, people are here because they care about the game. The community is already harming itself to the point of no return due to lack of info.

This is easily the most important part, particularly number three. The issue is things like when I asked in another thread, weeks ago, that someone explain what's going on with the server crashes—to share what's known as it becomes available. I didn't mean a novel, just a quick blurb. Nevertheless, the response has been absolute silence; apparently, the server is just restarted and everyone goes back to whatever they were doing before someone noticed the problem because typing up a few sentences takes too much time. If that's not the case, well, I can't possibly know the truth because it's not shared—speculation is all that's left to me.

That said, those of us who are rational adults understand that answers may not come quickly—that a process is ongoing or that work is slow because people are wearing multiple hats. But it helps even to read a post of "Sorry, no news yet, we're still working on it," because it means we're still being thought of, and that matters. Things like the drop bonus and dragon package help too, obviously, when applicable.

Generally speaking, the players in DP know that things aren't looking great. But we are here despite that because we love the game in some way—the landscapes, the lore, the guilds, the dragons—and we're in it for the long haul. We already knew DP isn't a priority, so the staff being honest about what's happening isn't likely to drive us off. We also understand that people can't/won't be working 24/7/365 (it would be nice, but it's understandable), but it would be great if we were checked on at least once a day.

Because half the game has crashed yet again, and with no hope of communication I have no idea when or if I should expect to see it restored.

Bruh, why do you cry about everything lmao. You want everything to be changed to your liking and everytime they give us something you want it better. Like the incubation lamp you want it maxed are you dumb that just bypasses the 7 days u have to wait, so what if they messed up and ruined your egg they gave you another elixir to re-egg it. Then they give us this drop rate event and u say "oH iT WaS aT An InCoNvEnIeNt tImE" shut up plz jesus.

First, a request for a "stat boost" incubation lamp is markedly different from your arbitrary interpretation of a "max stats" incubation lamp, since a mere stat boost—say, from one orb to the next on the stat meter—wouldn't guarantee max stats. Second, how much good is the elixir, really, when the server is apparently going to be crashing weekly, and therefore constantly depriving players of days' worth of cares? Some eggs require two weeks of incubation, and if a crash lasts all weekend, that's up to four days lost that are pretty much impossible to make up without massive (and highly unlikely) player cooperation. A stat-boosting incubation lamp is, at this point, pretty much a necessity to give players reason to even bother to use the elixir in the first place, as it provides insurance against the next crash.

As for the inconvenience of the bonus, the point—an extremely simple one that you utterly failed to grasp, despite the explanation provided in the post—was that since a random four-day bonus may be inaccessible to players who have actual jobs to work and lives to live, it'd be more beneficial for both players and the company to have a regular bonus event scheduled (which may actually lower expectations for certain compensations, since players can rest assured that there'll be another one soon); even if it were only for a single day each month, though two sequential days would be better, every player would likely be to take advantage of the bonus a few times a year. But in lieu of that sort of regular bonus, mailing a bonus potion to be used when the player is able to take advantage of it is much more accommodating to the realities of life.

Further, the comment about players hoarding luck potions, and therefore spending less money overall, is a valid point that a company out to make money should consider strongly. So it's very strange that you'd ridicule a person who's merely a) asking a business to treat its customers with more regard, and b) showing the business that its current practices are actually harming its bottom line.

it is sometimes said that this is to encourage people to play SH instead. I wouldn't have thought it was logical to think people would do that, but not very much about these crashes and the way they are responded to seems logical

Indeed, it's not logical in that Dragon's Prophet is the players' ambassador to other Gamigo games; their treatment of it determines how we're likely to view all other games run by them (e.g., Savage Hunt), and thus determines whether we would consider it worthwhile to invest time and money in playing those other games. Therefore, mistreating DP in an effort to make players move over to SH is the definition of shooting oneself in the foot, since we can rightly assume that what's currently happening to DP is also the current fate or will be the future fate of SH (or any other game run by the company), and therefore SH (or whatever) isn't worth going to.

That said, it may simply be that the population of DP is so small now that there is zero concern for whatever anger might be incurred by snubbing the players. We were told earlier this month that even though the TW version is being shut down, there are no intentions of shutting down the EU version and there are active discussions to continue game service. Like all of us, I desperately want that to be true. However, Daybreak made a similar comforting assertion of "no plans for shutdown" after neglect of the NA DP spurred concerns of that very thing; soon after, it was abruptly confirmed that the game would be shut down.

Of course, Gamigo is not Daybreak, and it's entirely true that intentions can change from one company meeting to the next, but the possibility of a repeat incident remains; it's never that sudden a decision to end a game/branch/team/whatever—it's always talked about first for a bit (or should be), just to ensure it's the right decision. And investment companies are about nothing if they aren't about money, so if the money says it's more profitable to lie about not shutting down DP before shutting it down anyway without apology and angering a handful of players, that's what will happen.

So it's incumbent upon Gamigo to prove their word, but at this point I'm finding myself not very comforted.

my response personally is to go off and spend the day pretending I'm a 9' tall atheist space-travelling cat warrior with almost exactly the same moveset, until the server comes back online

I just work on my stories or do something I've been putting off (like changing the oil in my car), but I'm down for this.

I may not be fully understanding what you have and haven't done, so I'll just list a few things you can try. Please disregard what you've already tried.

1.) To my recollection, there's no verification needed to migrate the old account, so that the old email is no longer around shouldn't be an issue as long as you're typing it correctly. Of course, you changing the name/password in the past may be the problem, and you can submit a ticket to see if the old account can be brought to you.

2.) Make sure you're using the correct new client. Dragon's Prophet and Savage Hunt use two different clients, but they look very similar and everything else is done through the SH website. To get into DP, you'll need to make sure to download the client here in the DP forum, as it's the only one I know of for DP. If you have problems, try a second download—my first download showed 100% but had been corrupted, and a second was required.

3.) Although not a problem I had, I've heard that some of the folders from the old DP client to the new don't always work out. There are a few discussions about it in the forum, or you can submit a ticket for assistance.

If you do have to start over, rest assured that the game is entirely unchanged, and you'll definitely be able to re-earn the dragons and cosmetics you had.

Nah. There haven't been any dragons at all for August, or items, either for the month or for a quick sale. I kind of suspected it would happen when there were none after the server maintenance on the first of the month, and the following weeks have been more of the same.

EDIT: Correction—there is an item/special offers sale this month. My bad.

Perhaps because of all the recent server issues. I don't see why that would matter for the market, really, but it's an excuse at the very least. In the past, there has also been a random month here or there when dragons/specials are not added, likely because it was overlooked, so it's possible that the same was the case this month.

I wouldn't expect anything this month, unless they decide to do a flash sale, but it would be nice to see something when September rolls around. Even if I don't purchase the dragons, I will look at them during idle moments.

Oh sh*t, here we go again :D

Seems that way.

First noticed when one of my toons became trapped on the Hearthwarm Sky Island (something like four or five hours ago, but I'd been afk for food and it may have broken earlier). Had no access to apartments or Arteicia. Couldn't try the Quezak Gates because after attempting to go to Arteicia I couldn't call any dragon. Mobs had vanished; only NPCs around were Territory War Officers and maybe the guys in the building I'd been in prior (apartment manager and furniture merchant in the other building were gone). Once I went into character selection I couldn't get back in through that toon.

Tried other toons and found Puretia "not available."

However, Inartia has been working fine for the past few hours. No mail or guild access, though. Too scared to try going into dungeons, Wintertide, or Alentia. World chat was working for at least a while, so others survived somewhere. Right now just farting around, chasing down RM merchants for location pics. Might gather more basha grass later if I can get back in after I get some sleep.

My personal routine has been to use only green or blue eggs in the incubators, since I rarely want a particular dragon from one of them; that way, whether or not anyone dances, I lose nothing. Egg price and availability are less of an issue, as I have never bothered to buy a green or blue egg when I can easily find them lying around or trade with the lair manager for them.

I would like to point out that I clearly recall a statement made by a GM on either the old DP EU forum or as far back as the NA server that purple and pure eggs do not increase the likelihood of getting seal breakers (I remember it because that was the first time I'd ever heard anything like that, and it explained why people advertising in chat always emphasized the rarity of their eggs); however, I admit that's not something I can confirm even anecdotally, as I don't dance specifically for them and don't always notice when I get them, so if someone can prove one way or the other I'd be happy to hear the evidence. What I can say with confidence is that I dance for just a handful of people and very rarely get seal breakers at all, which tells me that building up a supply requires making dancing a strong commitment, as you need to be dancing for dozens of people on a daily basis. Dancing to get seal breakers is definitely not efficient, though it is another way to get them for free if you can be patient. If you're dancing, you're doing it mostly for the upkeep of your own nests.

I keep my eggs in an apartment because the apartment rent is significantly cheaper than that of any size property (I have the MS blueprints, so that's 1500 units of space for 240 gold per day)—a year's rent is comfortably under 100K, which is great for more casual and/or low-level players who still need gold to spend on frequent equipment repair, crafting, shards, and other things. I understand the observation that an apartment takes longer to get in and out of and is therefore more tedious, but I find that really only matters if you're filling up every unit of space with nests and only ever visit them to swap out eggs, and thus need to make ten or more trips to a guild sanctuary all within the same hour or two. Creating staggered nest groups can help with that, especially for people with a lot of nests or few/no extra stable spaces; I have twenty-four nests and only need to make two trips, so I don't find having nests in an apartment to be a problem and am vaguely entertaining the idea of adding another dozen.

Just my two cents.

And I have to admit. Idk the Reason why this happens atm but the IT is working to solve this problem.

I'd appreciate hearing more about what's going on as the information becomes available to you; I'm reluctant to start cooking my valuable eggs when there's the looming threat of random, inexplicable server crashes/failures.

Same issue here. All my toons are currently located in Puretia, Laedis, or Wynnadia, and all three zones are "not activated yet." Have tried to log in multiple times with a couple of toons with the same results, even when attempting to use the insta-port to Laedis from the character menu.

Seems like Gamigo is having some major problems. First the forum, which apparently has yet to be resolved as they merely rolled it back to a previous save, and now the game itself. I feel sorry for all the egg holders for their lost time and money.

As Kidira explained, the Dragon's Prophet you played on the NA server and the Dragon's Prophet you played on the EU servers were run by two entirely unrelated companies that never shared player data. So that both accounts had the same login info doesn't matter—you can strike that from the list of possible issues (one less thing to worry about!).

It's good that you have a ticket in, but if you're raring to play and are willing to trust a stranger and try anything, you can see if the link below helps. This is the link that was sent to me (copy/pasted directly from the support email) when I had client problems after migration; in my case, it was an interrupted/corrupt download that had shown a 100% download even though the download had not actually completed. This .zip file from support resolved the issue for me:

http://client.savagehunt.gamigo.com/dragonsprophet_full.7z

Account-wide Utyon, Seeker Dragon, and Metron have been put in market since Livjatan—Liv was my first account-wide, and I've since grabbed Utyon and Seeker. I completely missed the sale with Metron so I can't be certain, but when they listed it in the forum (pretty much when the sale was over) they mentioned it was account-wide.

There may have been one other, but it would have been one I wasn't interested in and so didn't buy and don't remember the identity of. Or I could be completely delusional and making that up. I don't know. It might have been Eseriel, which I do like but couldn't justify because I'd already bought two and it didn't match the themes of my other characters.

In any case, they definitely don't get put out often. One every few months would be a neat idea. Maybe a max of two or three annually? But I admit I don't know anything about dragons being account-wide other than that some are and a lot aren't, and that the ones that are also have a version that isn't, and that there's a non-account version of Frostbiter that's bugged to register as the account version so that you have to spend money to re-egg it if you accidentally buy it for the wrong character because the housing system won't let you pass it through storage.

All I can see is this is what the real life alabaster sailhorn would look like. And now I'm scarred for life and will never look at him the same way.

YAAAAAAAAAS, OMGWTFBBQ. Why TF didn't I think of that? That's PERFECT. The headgear is pointing the wrong way, but I can handle that, no problem. You go ahead and be scarred for life, my friend—I'LL TAKE IT. Maybe call him Fangface.

No, better—one of my alts has a Grave Rider I renamed Tundra Wraith. That'll do. 8):thumbup:

you get the skill by entering your house/apartment for the first time. It also costs 600gold to travel from a skytouched knight to your house, the opposite is impossible if I recall.

If you pay the 600 gold to transport from any SDK to your house and then open the house transport, there's a button with a warp/portal spiral on it that for another 600 gold will return you to the SDK you transported from (I've been from the one in Oraville to my house and back several times). But you must transport to your house from the SDK that's in the zone you want to transport back to.

There are also caveats that will reset that warp/portal to Arteicia—e.g., I think you can't log out before using returning to that zone, and you may not even be able to leave the housing system (or maybe it's the islands in general; alternatively, if you are allowed, you can't use another SDK).