Posts by cattyandco

Dragon's Prophet used to be divided into two communities, in the same way as the game itself divides into a petting zoo for dragons and an eastern-style MMO with pretensions of hardcoreness.

In the middle of 2018, following a long period of guild-attrition, and possibly boredom, the former bunch seized the upper hand. A GM was befriended, and a polite, mature, articulate, democratic (and utterly malignant) case was advanced: that by all means, come what may, an egg circle needed to be put in the latter bunch's "special place".

By the time anyone realised that the other group was too childish to compromise, and largely incapable of expressing itself coherently on the forum, the pet-collectors had successfully framed the debate in their terms. Polygons and npcs were committed, and the GM had taken a position.

True to their peculiar and savage principles, some people staged a fight-back. I can only guess the motives and mindset, but it was certainly organized, by players passionate enough to wait all day for anyone to even come back from afk to know they were doing it. And who knows, maybe they used some knowledge of diabolically obscure "game mechanics" to demonstrate the other side's pomposity - in making rules that they lacked the ability to implement inside the game engine itself.

Bans temporary or permanent hold no fear for such players - for them the only way to recover face and validate themselves in front of the community will always be to righteously rip us a new one and exclaim "hue hue hue".

I'd no idea how much I'd miss them... till they were gone

This is for characters who can't find groups easily or can't tank the boss. Also it is a written explanation (because not all gamers are visual learners).
    I try not to assume anyone has "skill". If you like to speed-clear the dungeon for Youtube, or experience the excitement when Frenzied Iossu forgets his attack pattern and does weird stuff through walls, you probably won't like this guide.

PREPARATION

The schtick is to steal a dragon egg from an attacking boss. You steal the egg from the "Boss Room" and carry it to the "Portal Room".
    The boss can't be killed (or looted) until the egg is safe.

A problem with Omati is that players and guilds have two opposite approaches to the dungeon - it can either be done Boss-first or Egg-first.

Boss-first runs leave the egg in the boss room and push Frenzied Iossu back through the doors to the portal room, then hold him in the portal room while one of them carries the egg past the fight.

Egg-first runs hold Frenzied Iossu in the boss room, and carry the egg through all the doors to the portal room.

Boss-first must be what the developers originally intended, but Egg-first is considered more reliable. Guild Korona for example have a basically infallible Egg-first strategy.
    But Egg-first doesn't work solo (as we can't do 2 things at once), so we need a Boss-first way.

Before starting, make sure you have:-

- a transform skill unlocked (essential)
    - Aqua dragon with mounted combat (essential)
    - on the Aqua dragon: Focus as main stat, Focus as soul support (on maxed support dragon), max stats, Rushing Dragon Trainer, PhysRes shards (all useful)
    - full 94 Laedis set (useful)

STEALING THE EGG

First clear the dungeon through to the boss room. This might take a weak character 45 minutes (but don't be deterred)

Then pick up the egg and move it to the safe place. The gate will close. The boss will spawn in and chase the egg, and the mobs will start to spawn in to a place by the gate.

There are (at least) 3 competing preferences of safe places among players. I like this place to the LEFT of the egg cave (see pic)

13KJ6hF.jpg

Putting it here means that the mobs will go over to the gate, while the boss follows the egg. So the boss and mobs get split up which is good for solo.

This safe place doesn't mess with any pathfinding or hit detection inside the game engine.

The egg will take some damage from the boss here, but not enough to worry about.
    And on this side of the room there is enough space to fight the boss.

BOSS DAMAGE AND RESISTANCES

Frenzied Iossu's big weakness is that his attacks are nearly 100% physical damage.
    They come in a set sequence which is easy to memorize. About once every 20s he will do a spin attack which can 1-shot geared characters.
    Whichever character he is targeting receives debuffs to (iirc) speed, healing, physical defense, magic defense and dragon spell resistance - and on a solo run this is always you! It also does 1 damage per second. The buff stacks up to 20 times with each time worth 5%. It lasts 7 seconds and is repeated every 5 seconds - when fighting him solo and dismounted I find that after a short while it reduces the healing ability to zero (and also stops your mounted heals working). But if you are *always* fighting him mounted his debuff doesn't affect you mounted heals. I'm not sure why this is.

Depending on your character's stats, the additional Focus you get from the Aqua Dragon should either make you immune to this boss' attacks (including the spin attack), or reduce the damage enough that you can use mounted heals to recover quickly. If Focus is one of your two biggest stats it will be added on to the dragon's for even more Physical Defense. A Soul Support bonus of focus also gets added on. A guardian on an Aqua Dragon can get Physical Defense of 130k or more, and I believe the base contribution from the dragon itself is about 50k whatever class you are.

Aqua Dragons are not the fastest but with practice you can avoid the spin attack by simply walking around the red circle on the floor.

Being mounted blocks the debuff.

Frenzied Iossu has 57million health which takes a long time to remove with the mounted attack.
    You want to be at medium-range (where the Aqua dragon's ranged attack does 2 hits and more of them are critical)
    If you do only 15k per second, this will take 3800 seconds or over 1 hour - but with damage boosts from prayers, food, Soul of Laedis, mounted combat upgrades, and dragon soul support it's easy to get to 30k per second (=under 30 minutes).

FIRST BOSS FIGHT

After dropping the egg, mount the Aqua dragon. And start shooting the boss while circle-strafing him. (like shoot, sidestep-sidestep, shoot, sidestep-sidestep)

If you stay close to the tree, the boss won't often attack the egg, and the mobs by the gate won't often attack you.

A few times the boss will attacks the egg, his aggro switches suddenly off you and onto the egg. Don't worry.

In Dragon's Prophet aggro is based on a counter, and the boss seems to always have a few points of aggro on the egg from the start.

Hit him with any attack to take his aggro back onto you, and obviously do this as quickly as possible.

His normal attacks will either miss the egg or do little damage, but the spin attack will take off 100-200 health points if he starts it while standing next to the egg.
    If he keeps returning to the egg a lot, it means the aggro counter is high. You just need to lead him a bit further away to the other side of the tree.

Being a mobile boss, I think Frenzied Iossu has a sort of "centre point" that is re-positioned to a new place at the end of each spin attack.
    It seems to work well to use the spin attack itself to pull him away from the egg, if you pull him out of aggro range this way it stops him attacking the egg constantly.

Sometimes if he does the spin attack just after his aggro switches, it makes him spin all the away across the room or even through the walls of the entire dungeon toward the new target (normally the egg) - but if you keep him by the tree he won't do this

If you catch the aggro of any of the mobs by the gate, they aren't normally a problem but prioritize them over the boss.
    The mobs' aggro works a similar way to the boss, ideally we are aiming for none of them to see or hit the egg at all until the very end when you are saving the egg.

SECOND BOSS FIGHT (AND SUBSEQUENT DRIVE-OFFS)

When Frenzied Iossu is damaged for 10% of his health, he is "Driven Off" which means he disappears and reappears behind the NEXT of the remaining gates/doors.

He doesn't recover the health.

His health points when he is Driven Off each time will be roughly:- 51,300,000... 45,600,000... 39,900,000... [it stops at 39.9kk health he can't be reduced below this till the egg is saved]

After he is Driven Off the first time, break down the door of the Boss Room and fight him again. This time he will have all the mobs with him.
    It's possible to make the mobs lose aggro by retreating into the scaffolds over to the RIGHT of the egg cave.

Going here makes them start all walking over to their new spawn point by the second gate. It's also quite easy to just ignore them while fighting the boss for another 10% of his health. Don't let the block of mobs wander get close to the corner where the egg is - keep them near the gate, by drawing the boss that way and they will follow.

The main problem from the mobs is that they can reduce mounted stamina and knock you off the Aqua Dragon.

But you constantly regain some mounted stamina from your mounted attack, and if you stay to the edges of the group it should be OK.

Also it doesn't matter if some mobs die.

After Frenzied Iossu is beaten the second time you can either...

(if you are strong) go past him and break down all the gates before he catches up, then lead him into the Portal Room and leave him there...

or (if you are less strong) do more drive-offs after each gate until eventually he is in the Portal Room with 60% health left. After the second fight there are not any triggers or mechanics that would threaten the egg, but if you die I think his health resets. After the first gate (the one in the Portal Room), the subsequent drive-offs become a bit harder because the passages are narrower and he has the mobs around him.

MOVING THE EGG - AND SAVING IT

Once the boss is in the Portal Room at the end with all the mobs, you can move the egg up ready to take it past the boss, like it shows in Razayel's video (and other people's).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ4dWsHTrHQ - the best part is at 20:26.

At this point, the egg mustn't be taken too close to the fence outside the Portal Room, as Frenzied Iossu will come through the wall with the mobs, and kill the egg, wasting all your hard work.(On solo Omati runs there is no way of saving the egg if they all gang up on it. Even if you can get all their aggro back in time, you won't be able to pull them far enough away from the egg to pick it up again). Just next to the bulge in the wall is fine.

A trick to make moving the egg much easier is to use Warlord Befalls just before transforming and lifting the egg.

As well as everything else it does, Warlord Befalls gives +20% movement speed.

The mobs in Omati Gorge have clumsier pathfinding than elsewhere. While Frenzied Iossu is moving they have to follow him - they can't start targeting attacks on you until he stops, and by then you will have moved past them with the egg, and be home free.

LAST BOSS FIGHT

Kill the mobs and Frenzied Iossu and take the loot :)

It's good to keep him by the tree stump in case he resets but this is pretty unlikely.
    It's also good to dismount every 10min to re-apply buffs and reset the 30-minute counter on the mounted-buff. Do this just after a spin attack.

Francis Iossu in happier times before he started taking egg powder

immortal.jpg

Many marketplace items should be available all the time IMO. Even if not "on sale".

Mainly it's the ones that used to be in the weekly Bazaar boxes. Why wouldn't Gamigo want to sell me a morgath orb this week?

Also im wondering what you did the last 3-4 years when you didn't manage it to do RG?

This is a fair question. Since reaching 105, I've mostly farmed Laedis pieces, and shards. I've completed 170 titles and upgraded them. I've trained a team of 6 max-stat dragons with maxed soul support. I've up-statted my Laedis 102 (most other players don't seem to have needed this). I wasted a little time doing the Treasure Hunt/Recycler multiple times and trying to clear Sitheran War before a food buff runs out. I haven't done much Tournament or wild-captured everything, and the only other thing I didn't do at all was Deyarka (until yesterday). I play daily.

Personally I found that after getting 105 gear it took me another 12 months to beat 1boss RG, and what I found was I needed also to have full 94, a couple of 102, and shards of 500-800. After beating 1boss, I did not yet have enough damage to kill 2boss - but I remember it didn't take much more time to increase my damage. I then had about 12-18 months out of game when my son was born and after returning I started Overstatting. Also found out that dragon soul support can give +200 to stats not +20 because it is based on the Support dragon's stats and you can level the support dragon to lv100 not lv30 as I had before. So that increased my damage enough to think about 3boss and by following video guides I was able to beat him about 1 time in 5.

I don't know how many times I have tried to solo RG but the pattern was that I would spend a day on it every couple of months to see if I could do the next boss yet. Each time a little bit closer. Often I joined in with runs with a stronger player - but never another Guardian as it happens. Another way I found was to beat a couple of bosses and then some stronger players would come in to finish the run so I would get to see the boss mechanics.

Miggey / Yahwehswarrior did take me in to RG once and I remembered his tips: 1. always kill Blood Devil Coolies first; 2. use Warlord Befalls to beat 1boss; 3. don't stand in front of 3boss go to the side of him; 4. kill worms to avoid 5boss' attack

4boss I knew was more difficult again than 3boss, I had failed to duo him with an Oracle player once. On another duo run we tried leaving one player behind while I damaged him inside his forcefield (by more than he healed), using Warlord Befalls just before he did the whip attack. But in the end I tried Aqua Dragon as that worked also for Omati Boss. So by the time of about last Christmas I could reach 5boss - but less reliably than I would like. On my best run of about 10 I got him to 10% health so I figured I would increase my DPS by 10% and try again. And that worked so I'm happy.

My perception is that nearly all RG loot is called by other classes, but that there have been at least a few Guardians who were able to solo RG - with much less shards than me - because they knew, or had been shown how within a large and supportive guild, or just walked in and found it very easy because they are good at playing games. (which personally I believe is innate for some people and godspeed to them!)

What I feel I can now rule out is that the Guardians who solo RG need to use special builds for it - or secret glitches. There is always that suspicion in a game with such complexity and so many glitches. It isn't the case that "everyone knows" that to beat 5boss you need to make a separate 105 set with full health shards and DA as well as Focus (or something of that kind). Other players might have all sorts of tips and tricks to make it easier - but it is doable with an ordinary 2H build.

A last thing I can say is that over that time I was in 3 "up-and-coming" PvE guilds before Defiant, and saw literally hundreds of players come and go without anyone:- a) gaining the ability to solo RG, b) showing me anything much about how to solo RG, or c) putting a guide up. Also very very rare was d) let's work together on RG to beat the dungeon. Least of all anyone with a Guardian. That might seem like a sad indictment of Dragons Prophet, but I took the whole thing as an overarching challenge and found it very enjoyable.

====================

5BOSS - Racmon the Demon Hoof

When you first attack use all buffs possible (including the 60s fero potions) and a dragon with damage soul support (which might die). Set dragon to Follow.

Use Yahwehswarrior's trick of Ripping Blade to start the fight with 10 frenzy stacks.

The idea is to take off his lava shield as early in the fight as possible.

The only gimmick of this boss is the mechanic of killing a worm before he turns the floor to lava.

Your main attack window is just after he turns the floor to lava. When he doesn't have too many worms and lava pits round him, Electric Dive into combat, build up frenzy stacks.

As your health gets to 0, Warlord Befalls... as the invulnerability runs out, use Sacrifice to heal and withdraw.

While recovering, circle the arena killing worms, with a DS recovery dragon out. You need to kill about 5 worms each time or the population gets too big.

Next time he turns the floor to lava, hopefully you have killed a worm, and have 50% DS. Try not to kill the worms using skills that eat DS (Landslide Slash and Electric Dive are good)

Each time, you are trying to do a 20s burst of good damage - from 10s of Frenzy + 10s of Warlord Befalls - and then getting back out with 100% health and 50% DS. Your dragon team would ideally be 4 Ironhides and 2 Aquas, but the minimum is to have a dragon out while you are evading, and keep it alive. During the evasion target worms at the edges, the centre of the arena normally fills up too much with lava and worms, you need to kill worms whilst gaining health and DS.

Racmon moves round a lot - there is a payoff between not leaving it too long to attack (before he ground-pounds again), and choosing the right moment when he isn't surrounded with other damage. If there is too much back-up damage, you'll die during the 10s frenzy.

An annoying move Racmon has is that he steps back (out of Guardian range) just after you start hitting him.

He has another mechanic that casts "Burn" on the player, which causes their attacks to add to his Fire Energy (which I think charges up the floor-attack).

At points he also loses a ton of health from hundreds of little 1k hits - this might be when he walks on lava without his Lava Armor.

====================

I am full Fero. I have 68k health. Shards are 20x 1k, 12x900, 16x850 (all ele). Gear is mostly overstatted twice. Only 5/7 Laedis.
    Unbuffed 26k phys, 19k ele. I forgot to use guild buffs which would have really helped.
    (1st boss I was able to do with about half of that. 2boss, 3boss, 4boss each seemed to need another 10% damage than the boss before.)

I used a potion for +200DS but don't think you would need it as most of this fight DS is used as soon as it gets back to 50%.
    The only change to my build was to use Sacrifice instead of Divine Light. Sacrifice doesn't heal the dragon but it lets you start the Evasion with 50% health coming out of Warlord Befalls.

====================

more later maybe - if you have any tips please put them below

8pQFqwS.jpg

I finally managed to beat Racmon Grotto after 3-4 years. Along the way I learned some things that are not covered by other guides so I'm going to post them here for others.

start off by watching Yahwehswarrior's youtube videos (he made one for each boss)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cmnY8eUpxI 

(It's worth mentioning I saw him do the dungeon consistently, in the video he nearly dies at a few points but that video isn't a one-off)

But it doesn't explain in words so I have been confused by it for a long time, by little things like:-

In particular on this video, at 1:30 he mounts dragon and dismounts again but seems to keep the mounted stat buffs.

At 8:00 he switches briefly to 1H Piersar (which I think is to survive while a dragon recharges)

Also he uses different buffs here to what he normally recommended, so I was never certain if he had made special changes to his build for RG

To confirm, the bosses can all be done with Yahwehswarrior's 2H Bazaka PvE build (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLS7OfxU0WY&t=7s).

====================

1BOSS - Baagu the Headcrusher

Not a lot of people know this but you can stow your dragon on the rocks just before the boss room, to get DS and other buffs.

To do this put it on follow. Jump around to a position where you can target Baagu. Send dragon to attack then immediately tell it to stop.

Then go in to wake up the boss. Try to stay on a line throughout the fight so he is always facing forward and does turn.

While he is attacking you want to be just outside his protective circle but within range of your Crescent Wave.

His AoE attacks are all jumped over. He has a multi-directional 'star' attack that you sidestep. And a 4-way attack that is hard to dodge and causes Slow.

Really only the AoE attacks matter.

Watch his timer buff. When it gets to 9s trigger Warlord Befalls, then use Electric Dive to get into close combat.

Your health will fall to 0 because you are in the protective circle. Use Reverberate to regain the health. Put on other buffs (Battlecry, Adrenaline Surge, possibly Expose Weakness).

When his timer reaches 0 two mobs that do insta-kill damage will come in from the side. You will have about 2-3 seconds of invulnerability left from Warlord Befalls, use this to

kill them. (Let them come to you if possible, don't stop hitting the boss for them).

Simultaneously with the insta-kill mobs spawning, you now get a new timer of about 20s to put damage on the boss, once the 2 mobs are dead there should be just enough time to build up 10 frenzy stacks. When the timer is down to 2-3s, you need to run back outside the protective circle.

The pattern then starts again, but when the protective circle comes back up it will reduce your health to 0 again. So now you need to trigger Reverberation and do the jumps again whilst standing on it. By the time his timer gets back to 8s, you need to have 50% DS to be able to trigger Warlord Befalls again. The dragon at the side isn't necessary for this if you watch your DS, but it really helps.

You need to kill this boss in as few attack cycles as possible. A second or two is lost each time you go round, so your Warlord Befalls will recharge at 7s on his buff timer, then 5s... and eventually the insta-kill mobs start coming back before your god skill has recharged. Also after about 7 cycles he goes berzerk and you just die. If you have enough damage to finish RG, he should go down after 3 repetitions (or even 2 if you are lucky).

His AoE attacks are always in the same order so you can memorize them. The quicker you can kill him the less you have to remember The order is different in each cycle, in particular his third cycle starts a row of about 5 AoE attacks.

====================

2BOSS - Charom the Chiseltooth

This boss has a simpler routine but requires about 10% more damage, health etc. The idea is to just treat him like a world boss and out-damage and out-health him. Stand next to him with a support dragon out and Reverberation and keep hitting him until he stops attacking, lifts his sword above the ground, and stands still. At this point you need to double jump (to dodge an insta-kill floor attack), turn round in mid-air, target the place where you were standing with Electric Dive, and jump back next to him so you can carry on hitting.

The floor attack brings up a black stalagmite type thing, if you can see that it is safe to return to the floor. Using electric dive in this way maximises how much time you spend hitting him, and saves chasing him round.

The other problem with this boss is that after 2 floor-attacks, he will start grabbing rocks to eat off the arena floor. There are 3 each time and each one gives him 3kk more health.

If you have enough damage to do RG, you won't need to bother with targeting the rocks - even if he eats all 3 it won't give him enough health to survive the damage you do. If you can't do 10kk damage in between each floor-attack, you will find it very hard to beat him and probably need more shards.

His floor attacks are about 1min apart, the attacks inbetween do quite a lot of damage so you need Reverberation and he might kill a dragon or two.

Managing DS isn't difficult in this fight, you can use Warlord Befalls and frenzy normally to just increase the damage on him.

====================

3BOSS - Karron the Rockdigger

For guardians this boss is horrible.

It is rumoured that the rock dogs in the corridor outside shouldn't be killed, as this influences how many he can spawn inside the arena, but I've never really understood this.

For this reason, people climb into the arena round the sides of the rocks outside.

He cycles between 3 modes:- normal attacks, rock shield, and rolling.

His normal attacks hit for about 30k damage, about half your health or will insta-kill dragons. During this phase he also kicks up sand which blinds you.

If he blinds you, try to run away jumping until it wears off - the blind attack introduces a nasty RNG element to this boss as 1 unlucky hit can lose the fight. The blind attack isn't particularly telegraphed, and Guardians always have the problem that we must stand next to whatever we are fighting.

During his 'normal' phase, you should try to get a couple of hits and the jump away before he pounds the ground. Landslide Slash is good for this (especially because it regains some mounted stamina). You can use Warlord Befalls during the normal phase, but you probably won't be able to build up the regular frenzy stacks.

After a while he will go into his 'shield' phase. He regains health and rock dogs start jumping in. The rock dogs cause a stacking Slow buff which is a serious problem. Personally I don't come off the boss to attack the dogs. During this phase you should take the opportunity to regain health and DS as well, or to wait for dragons or skills to recharge. When ready (and before he regains too much health) destroy his shield and immediately mount your dragon.

The rolling phase is somewhat counterintuitively one of the best times to damage him. A Fabled Ancient with strong mounted attacks can do about 3 regular attacks, and a fire breath attack while he is rolling-on-the-spot. He will then roll over you (without too much damage). You can then turn round on the spot and do some more mounted attacks. Watch the dragon's health and the mounted stamina - if they run out you will probably lose the fight. There is again some unwelcome RNG because the mounted attacks don't always connect well while he is rolling. Other players use Skytouched dragons for this.

He then falls on the floor. This looks like a good time to hit him, but it isn't. You'll be dismounting and getting ready for the 'normal' phase again. He often jumps right up into an attack, and the first attack is often the Blinding attack.

The rock dog slow buff can be reduced by mounting and dismounting dragons. Sometimes you might need to spend a 'normal' phase evading the boss while timers recover - I use an Aqua dragon for this as it can kill some rock dogs with its ranged attack, and it has a good mounted heal. When the Slow debuffs on the dragon get too much, dismount (whatever you do, do not let a dragon die in this fight) and use Electric Dive to get away... when this happens you will be waiting for him to enter the Shield phase so you can recover.

====================

4BOSS - Monoahs the Rockfall

I do this boss completely differently. It is a very slow way but I don't have good reflexes and again this is a boss where Guardians have to stand in the worst possible place.

I kill him entirely using mounted combat on an Aqua Dragon. It is ridiculously easy, but also slow.

The Aqua Dragon can survive any of his attacks that would be a huge problem if they hit an unmounted player.

It can also heal all the damage back before he attacks again.

It's fast enough to run in to disrupt his healing barrier, and run out again before he gets his big attack off.

And its attack range is longer than the boss' whip.

It takes 20 minutes or more, but it never fails

Korhala - "zone has not been activated yet"

I suppose good news is it might stop anyone sneakily overtaking me in cotp just before reset ^^

edit 1: oh it's back after 5min this time

edit 2: and it's down again...

probably 1/4 of promised drop event will now be lost while GM finds finger

I hope you'll appreciate the irony of the server crashing during the loot event to "compensate" us for the server crashing.

While we are on the subject, a 4-day drop event may land at an inconvenient time.

For the love of mercy, please put the 100% lootbuff into potion form and mail it to us. (Not the Fortunate Potion, the 100% Luck buff - because the two stack)

Also the incubation lamp in the 10 shells pack just allows egg to be hatched early without diamonds. It should boost the stats.

It was much better when the drop events were monthly - as then if you missed one you could always pick up the next one. With them being completely arbitrary or forgotten, as they have been for the last couple of years, the drop events encourage binge-playing and hoarding of luck potions, which probably reduces Gamigo's income. You want us using those potions not saving them for months for next time there is a decent drop rate

think this is the longest of these crashes so far, some way over 26 hours

maybe there is workaround for reporting bugs - we should change PC clock back one hour?

still down (won't connect at all atm. on the past outages there was a long time where it would let you log in to a non-working game, but then it stops letting you connect for the few hours before they fix it)

it is sometimes said that this is to encourage people to play SH instead. I wouldn't have thought it was logical to think people would do that, but not very much about these crashes and the way they are responded to seems logical

my response personally is to go off and spend the day pretending I'm a 9' tall atheist space-travelling cat warrior with almost exactly the same moveset, until the server comes back online, which probably one day it won't

(jaw drops)

so if the server goes offline, it stays offline until GM looks on forum*?

In 2019, would a better procedure not be that the server does self-diagnostics (I mean this particular outage was probably at the level of "is file thadrea.map accessible?") and sends a 500-Volt shock into the tech support's central nervous system via the Gamigo orbital death-ray network (With this being 24/7/365 with a 99% service level) Could deactivate the 500-Volts again when 100 or more players confirm they are happy over our mobile apps. During the week these are normal working conditions for us who can afford to play MMOs - work hard play hard.

*otoh if GM 's job is to post update to forum while the tech support identify and resolve problem in some other way (and this takes 16+ hours even though game software hasn't changed in 5 years), I'd say nevermind - this thread is mostly being used so players can say if it's down or up. We use Discord also

In Dragon's Prophet the dragons are stuck with a maximum level of 100, there are strict distinctions between arena and PvE skills, and it takes a very long time to fully train dragons.

So you want to get your PvE team right first time. Skills can be swapped out and re-trained, but you want to avoid having to replace an entire dragon.

Give each dragon a role. The first six dragons on hotkeys should have no Purple Soul Skills as those take up slots. The next six dragons carry the soul skills you use (up to 12 in total). The last six stable slots if you have them can either be more soul skills or space for captured dragons/hatched.

I use these roles. The builds shown are specific to 2H Bazaka guardians:-

=====================

1. THE TRAVEL DRAGON

DUSKREAVER (e.g. Mountain Traveler, Magical Silver)
    They have the fastest base flying speed 180%. Orientals have same flight speed but are only 170% on the ground. And their 3d model is large.

Give the travel dragon the MP skill "Rushing Dragon Trainer". This takes up a slot making the dragon weaker. I don't use it for anything else except travel.

==

2. MOUNTED HEALING TANK WITH RANGED ATTACK

AQUA Dragon (e.g. Triumph) with FOCUS as main stat
    Aqua dragons have ground speed 160%. Ranged mounted attack and mounted heal - making up for Guardian weaknesses.

They are tough, potentially giving Guardian a mounted phys.def of 130k+ (95% damage reduction).
    This is useful for:- Omati Boss, Silia Boss, 4boss RG

Give the travel dragon the MP skill "Rushing Dragon Trainer" (for boss fights)

Evolution Skills:- Water Shield | Healing Dragon

Dragon Skills:- Dragon Speed | Strength Enhancement | Focus Will | Constitution Enhancement | Tough Skin | Magic Skin | Living Will | Strengthen Dragon Affinity | Healing Wind

Soul Support:- Focus | Strength (this adds to player but player's top 2 stats inherit back on to the mounted dragon, Aqua's ranged attack uses Strength + Focus)

Aquas have small 3d model and I find them better for things like RG loot and isle crystal gathering than Duskreaver. They are a bit slower than Swiftfoot/raptor or Mythical/pony but more useful.

==

3. DAMAGE
    FABLED ANCIENT with STRENGTH as main stat.

Fabled Ancients have Soul Energy Impact which increases (1 target's) received damage by 30%. This can't be topped!

They also have strong mounted attacks, which are good for 3boss RG

Evolution Skills:- Soul Energy Impact, Cursed Wind, Ancient Dragon Power

Dragon Skills:- Dragon Speed | Souleater Impact | Forbidden Roar | Tough Skin | Magic Skin | Dragon Battle Cry | Soul Drain | Life Reflux | Healing Wind | Elemental Summon

Soul Support:- Ferocity | Focus

==

4. SOUL SUPPORT
    IRONHIDE with CONSTITUTION as main stat.

This gives slightly less increase to the player's damage, but it's job is to turn to stone and sit in background giving DS.
    Evolution Skills:- Solid Rock Shield
    Dragon Skills:- Dragon Speed | Tough Skin | Magic Skin | Dragon Battle Cry | Soul Drain | Life Reflux | Healing Wind | Forbidden Roar | Elemental Summon | Natural Summon

(Dragon Spell Strike might be better than Life Reflux or Natural Summon, but the dragon isn't hitting much while it is inside Rock Shield)

[someone told me about this role recently I think it was Wraithpool or Scatterbreak - thanks to whoever it was!]

==

5. LOOT HYDRA

HYDRA with CONSTITUTION as main stat.

This is used for shard farming in DT and NoT. For Guardians it needs to be a Hydra to pull mobs.

Evolution Skills:- Mind Impact
    Dragon Skills:- 3x Oracle Blessing | 3x Brilliance of Luck | Rushing Dragon Trainer | Dragon Speed | Focus Will | Forbidden Roar
    (A healing skill might be better than Rushing Dragon Trainer or Focus Will, but I find it isn't needed)

Shards:- use natural resistance for 1st room NoT

[thanks to Miggey/Jahwehswarrior for showing me this build]

==

6. UTILITY DRAGON (e.g. Laedis Farmer)

SYLVARAN or METRON THE UNCHAINED from marketplace (so can't choose main stat)
    This gathers Laedis Provisions and Riding Points, with some lootbuffs.

Evolution Skills:- Soul Energy Impact, Cursed Wind, Ancient Dragon Power

Dragon Skills:- Unchained Energy | Advanced Oracle Blessing | Advanced Brilliance of Luck | Riding Exercise | Dragon Speed | Tough Skin | Magic Skin | Dragon Battle Cry | Soul Drain | Healing Wind

Other useful roles could go in this slot. Many players would want a PvP Paragon Dragon.

=====================

SOUL SUPPORT
    Each soul support companion is a Lv100 dragon with max stats, so takes 2 weeks in egg circle.
    Only the rarest dragons with 20% support buff should be used

Increasing the soul support to 100% requires 8,000 to 15,000 dragon runes
    The probability of getting an increase falls as the level gets closer to 100%
    Once the probability reaches 20%, start using 5 dragons each time to improve the probability
    This takes longer but saves about 30% of the runes - if you run out of runes it will take a long time to replenish them

I find a good place to gather junk green dragons for soul support is Paeon Town in Puretia as there are two groups of green dragons (about 20 in total) near to a Lair where they can be turned in. In Puretia the dragons don't ask you to press "F". Max soul support needs about 200 dragons.

Ferocity and Focus are the best combination I have found yet for Bazaka Guardians, but you probably won't afford to re-roll until you get this combination on a rare dragon

Strangely, the soul support for Critical Hit Power and Critical Hit Chance boost those stats by less than the soul support for Ferocity
    Any two from these is probably good enough:- Ferocity, Strength, Focus, Critical Hit Power, Critical Hit Chance, Armor Penetration, Physical Damage

The TYPE of rare dragon also makes a difference, but once the stat points have been added on this is fairly minor

=====================

TRAINING

Getting all skills to level 10 can take a few weeks. Start off by farming mobs for combat experience. Try to get skills to level 4 using combat experience as soon as you get them, as it would be a waste if you rolled a skill increase at Dragon Lair training and got level 1 to level 2. The builds above mostly use the same skills as each other which makes training them slightly faster. The damage dragon is probably the first one to train as it doesn't rely on waiting for any marketplace skills to be available, is generally useful, and its skills are used by most of the others (which reduces the amount of re-training).

Core PvE Skills:-

Dragon Speed | Tough Skin | Magic Skin | Dragon Battle Cry | Soul Drain | Healing Wind | Life Reflux | Elemental Summon

Magic Skin: this is less useful than Tough Skin as most damage is physical
    Life Reflux: I find this is less good than Healing Wind but better than Life Recovery. And I like 2 heal skills not 1 or 3, but you might find different

Passive Stat Increases: These scale up to 10%. Strength increases the dragon's attack damage, which can be useful for mounted combat. Fero isn't useful. Con adds 2k to 4k health which isn't useful enough. Focus and DA are somewhat useful.

Skills that only increase the dragon's damage are generally useless in Zone, but skills like Dragon Battle Cry that add % increases to the Player's damage are essential. Skills that help the dragon live longer are useful to a point. Skills other than the passive stat increases are divided pretty strongly into Arena and Zone skills. There are numerous other zone skills than these ones, such as AoE debuffs. But they tend to trigger too unpredictably to be useful. For example the skill "Frost Crystal" really slows down the mobs it hits - but you can't direct the dragon and you don't need to debuff mobs, but bosses - which it doesn't work on.

Good places to get combat experience are IOLS, Unapu Beach and outside Black Tower.

Don't feel it's necessary to train all 3 Evolution Skills on every dragon. They use up Dragon Elements, which can only be gained from the Book of Dragons - so there is a limit for each character.

Mounted Skills *can* be trained, and this *is* useful although it is very slow. There is a good boost on reaching Level 5.

The ones to prioritize (in this team) are the Damage dragon's basic attack and the Aqua dragon's mounted heal.

=====================

EQUIPMENT

PvE Dragons mainly need to resist physical damage. For some reason most damage in-zone is physical, and the boss attacks that use magic damage tend to 1-shot the dragon anyway.

The best source of dragon equipment is CotP, using 1800 dragonscale seals to buy 3 Cinda Armor pieces.

Crafting dragon armor is also good, but it uses the same mats as Player equipment (esp. Dragonskin Fragments) which is more valuable. And the dragonscale seals don't have much other purpose after the lv94 laedis necklace is done. Stats can't be changed on dragon armor, the important thing is PhysDef which means purple is normally better than blue regardless of the stat rolls. Then Focus, DA. But Str and Fero just increase the dragon's attack damage which is insignificant to lv105 enemies. Physical and Magic Defense Shards on the dragon armor are really effective and if this is raised to 700s on all slots the dragon will be mostly immune to mobs. Elemental, and Spell resistance, and Health I'm not aware of anyone finding a use for. Natural resistance is good to put on the Loot Hydra as the first room of NoT has flowers that do lots of Natural damage.

"Sitheran has not been activated yet"

Arteicia works. It is kind of eerie all these players standing still because of connection issues ^^

ooh - diamond balance zero, scary. (starts looking for recent screenshots)

mailbox empty - not a biggie, I don't use mine for free storage as I find it easier to put lots of rucksacks in apartment and not be able to remember what is in them

It's their product, and their game. Unless they sell the game to a different company (which is very, very unlikely to happen) Runewaker will still, and always will have the last say when it comes to DP/SH.

Runewaker (presumably) own (most of) the Intellectual Property. But they don't seem to have been able to enforce it very well - there are sometimes private servers higher on Google than the official one. If Runewaker went bankrupt, Gamigo might have rights to replace them with another developer. Or they might be able to buy the IP cheaply from the administrators.

It's true that it could be expensive to work with foreign code, but development is getting cheaper all the time, and they might be able to replace RW's engine with others that have become available off-the-shelf since 2013. Whilst keeping the concept, art assets, lore, and paying playerbase (such-as-it-is). A lot of DP's art assets are third-party, it can get complicated depending what rights people have reserved. Mike Sass might have a clause entitling him to interest payments for example.

Who has control over what depends on the license agreement - e.g. a publisher in Germany would probably keep a veto over anything that bordered on local obscenity laws. Wenda Zindrel would be considered properly attired in Germany :w

Egg dancing is a fun mechanic, it's strange that the developers provided a way to avoid buying Laedis Provisions, but for many players it adds a social dimension - something to fill guild chat with.

To level a dragon to lv100 requires about 433 Laedis Provisions ("LP") and about 100k ordinary dragon provisions.
    To get hundreds of eggs to trade in for the provisions, we need a house or apartment and lots of eggs
    Eggs can be gathered pretty quickly in zone, particularly by flying round the first half of Alentia in endless circles
    But most players buy them from the Lair Manager for essences
    I presume most players use 20 green/blue/purple/pure

Purple dragons give about 6LP, Blue 2LP, Green 1LP

Some eggs have better chances of a purple dragon, but I find it takes a crazy amount of clicking (and powders) to utilize this
    And I imagine most players therefore just use whatever eggs

To get essences, players dance friends' houses. The more eggs, the more essences. The better the eggs are, the better the essences
    Dancing purple and pure eggs also gives seal breakers - but I find that (i) it's less efficient than from dragons gathering napolite (ii) the seal breakers pile up
    The only good use I found for seal breakers was opening the napo boxes from Island War, which is less efficient than saving warforgeds until your guild gets the merchant isle
    (But I can't do much war as it is always in a bad time of day for me)

So to summarize, we dance eggs, we get essences, we put eggs in our house, we then trade the dragons for Laedis Provisions

The more houses we dance for, the more Laedis Provisions we get

And the more eggs we have in the house, the more Laedis Provisions we get

And if you have a large number of eggs in your house, perhaps more players will add you to their roommates list to dance their house in return

In my opinion:-
    Dragons that are not maxed are 30% weaker, not worth using, and a waste of the vast effort needed to train them

Someone worked out exactly how many cares are needed to max an egg, but I believe it's somewhere between 15 and 30

This is a large number of players to rely on visiting my house. Some daily carers good but most are flaky and lose interest once they have enough LPs for their dragon they are making
    So even if you can sometimes get house eggs above 7.33, it isn't reliable and requires constant advertising world chat
    (again, I play at a quieter time of day so it might be different for you than for me)
    For any dragon I will use, I go into egg circle and don't use apartment

This means that I want to care many full apartments. And I want to have many eggs in my apartment. But I don't actually mind if you dance my eggs at all.

Because my apartment eggs probably won't max, and they are always worth the same Laedis Provisions when I trade them in to the NPC

And if I gather eggs, or buy essences, or buy the marketplace dragon skill "Unchained Energy" (on Metron the Unchained or sometimes Sylvaran), maybe I don't need to egg-dance at all

What eggs to buy?

Most pure or purple eggs need to be clicked loads of times to give them powders to get a purple dragon (6LP). They normally have hatch times of 9d to 14d
    Blue eggs are less days and only produce slightly less LP

Green eggs are the least days, and very cheap. The problem with them is lots of back and forth trips.

Personally, I consider Unchained Energy a great purchase, and gather some eggs, and fill the rest of the incubators up with green eggs from Auction House.
    For this way of playing it is useful to have a house rather than an apartment, as it halves the loading time.

And when people say "please dance my eggs in apartment" I don't understand it at all but that is just me :)

2 remarks before thread is deleted

the next gear set was expected to be 108 - some players had screenshots of it 4 years ago

I just realised I posted about Dragon's Prophet's level cap in the Savage Hunt forum. Sorry about that

I thought Savage Hunt had been reasonably timely with its cap upgrades. If it is stuck waiting for 102 that might be because after 102 comes 105, and 105 is maybe the last one. Maybe they could copy what DP's players have tolerated, and keep SH at 102 for 5 years... and then at 105 for another 5 years. That way it is 10 years. You will have awesome gear by then and be able to clear Deyarka. Then after 10 years maybe they will release something like (the name is hypothetical) Dragons Prophet "Scourge of the Auratian Masters", which maybe has just first zone the same as SH and DP, and all cash shop items are free but there are no capturable dragons in zone only via cash-shop... I would not join that as still not completed DP, but it would surely attract new generation of dragon fans as well as returning players from SH and DP