Texture Quality option non-functional?

• Hey there, so i've been messing around with the game quality in order to attempt to enter the current screenshot contest. Every option seems to work except for textures, which seem locked to cap at Medium. Original DP could go to high textures with just a simple restart. I've tried changing the option through the launcher as well, and even though it says it's set to quality level 3, it doesn't actually apply when the game launches.

For reference I have attempted the following options; Setting the Texture Quality to High and restarting the game, setting the Texture Quality to Level 3 in the Launcher, setting the Texture Quality in the config file to 3, running both the game and launcher in administrator mode, running the game in Windows 8 compatibility mode, and I have also reinstalled the game. None of these have managed to raise the texture quality beyond Medium.

P.S. Would it be possible for you guys to sell the Fusion Weapon Box separately from the Costume Box? I bought the Costume already and didn't realize you had the weapon available through the weird "overview" section, and I don't want to have to buy another Costume Box just to get the weapon. Thanks!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Zalari ().

• Heres your issue: your OS isn't windows 7,I'm running since I've switched to w10 I haven't been able to set the graphics to ultra and it's no just me, a lot of people on DP forums complained about this already

• Ahh okay. I was previously able to get DP to ultra settings without a problem, but it may have been before upgrading to Windows 10. It would be nice if they came out with a fix for it, but I don't think it will ever happen. It does however make me curious about some of the entries in the current screenshot contest, since anyone with updated Windows wouldn't be able to have the quality that has been posted in some of them.

• tbh i dont see why it bothers you so much to have a super high quality screenshot for that contest as the quality doesnt affect your win conditions, it just makes it easier/harder on your pc to run the game while youre setting up for the actual screenshot and then continue on playing

• The contest is specifically for the "best" Dragon screenshot, so why wouldn't you want to make your Dragon look as good as possible? Also running this game on ultra isn't really an issue for my PC, the issue is that this version of the game wont even allow it.

• The contest is specifically for the "best" Dragon screenshot, so why wouldn't you want to make your Dragon look as good as possible? Also running this game on ultra isn't really an issue for my PC, the issue is that this version of the game wont even allow it.

I can assure you that we are not deducting any points for not using "Ultra" texture settings! ^^

We do know of the Win10 issue with texture quality.

• No, sorry. I don't know any marketplace plans beforehand, but forwarding your feedback in regards to the shop, I'll also include that not everybody finds the Purchase Overview to be very user friendly.

I assume they will work with that and bring the weapon skin sets back separately.

• Visual quality is something that if not working will make people not play. This is the reason it needs fixed, and should not take to much effort IMO.

Did they not just release a level increase and a new zone in January 2019?

I was able to play the game only a small amount on the US release when SOE was publishing it. I know then that you could run at high and I think Ultra as mentioned above. I loved the game, but work and family did not allow me much time to play then. I recall having to tweak the Config.ini files some to get things as I wanted, maybe that will work.

I think Zalari has the numbers wrong for editing the config.ini file. MaxTextureLOD = 1 is middle, MaxTextureLOD = 2 is low, so MaxTextureLOD = 0 would be high, if coded and turned on.

• The whole thing why SH has been released is still confusing, but the original game, dragon's prophet, has not had any major updates since 2014/2015. The Devs are taking any bits of money both games still get them but once that amount will be near 0, both games will be closed IMO. It's not a matter of if it's possible or not, it's a matter of if the DEVs still care enough to fix shit (which they don't)

Edit: the "new map" and lvl cap increase is for Savage Hunt which is a clone of dragon's prophet. Both games are from the same DEVs for some reason. Savage Hunt started back at lvl cap 40 and is getting every maps DP has. Most likely, neither will get a *brand new* map.

• The whole thing why SH has been released is still confusing, but the original game, dragon's prophet, has not had any major updates since 2014/2015. The Devs are taking any bits of money both games still get them but once that amount will be near 0, both games will be closed IMO. It's not a matter of if it's possible or not, it's a matter of if the DEVs still care enough to fix shit (which they don't)

Edit: the "new map" and lvl cap increase is for Savage Hunt which is a clone of dragon's prophet. Both games are from the same DEVs for some reason. Savage Hunt started back at lvl cap 40 and is getting every maps DP has. Most likely, neither will get a *brand new* map.

Wrong Topic.

Those who play Savage Hunt know this already.

• Yeah I am not aware of when Savage Hunt (Dragon's Prophet modded) released, and at what level. I am aware of who the Devs are. Thanks for letting me know that Aykalia.

I see news about Migration, and mentions of migration. I am not sure what was Migrated though, the server, message boards, games, or just accounts? Are there still 2 games being published by Gamigo/Aeria? I could not find a Dragons Prophet Download at Gamigo, only directed to Savage Hunt, which is fine with me. I suspect it depends on what region you are in for publishing rights.

I think that if located in North America, you can play Savage Hunt only (unless you VPN of course, but I am not going to do that). Savage Hunt or Dragon prophet is not listed as a game at https://en.gamigo.com/downloadgames. Savage Hunt is found if you do a google search for Dragon's prophet. You also find the http://www.dragonsprophet.com/ site, where the link for Europe is broken, but the taiwan link works.

Very confusing.

Maybe this explains why many do not know about the game being available. I will post in another thread though as this is off topic.

Just curious though.

• Yes, SH and DP are still running as seperate games. You can download both clients from the official SH website (Community -> Download)

https://savagehunt.gamigo.com/en/

It only seems that these downloads are some kind of broken, since a few people had trouble with it. Here are links that we're posted by Ildruin for the clients

Savage Hunt archive: http://client.savagehunt.gamigo.com/savagehunt_full.7z

Dragon's Prophet archive: http://client.savagehunt.gamigo.com/dragonsprophet_full.7z

And now let's get back to the topic ;)

Und ich sah in seine wilden Augen, er lud mich ein mit ihm zu gehen.
    Auf seinen Schwingen fühlt' ich alles Leben, die Zeit wich dem Moment - wie alles flehen.

[GUIDE] Das Housing in Savage Hunt