Any new zones coming soon?

• Hey players,

I was curious enough about whether this game will or will not get new zones (I'm dreaming of Dunar) and I went ahead and asked SH via e-mail personally.

This is their answer:

"Wynnadia was released just before Christmas and our staff is just now fully back in the office, preparing the next zones. If you are talking about Dragon’s Prophet, we do not have any information from the developer on upcoming content past Sitheran."

Even though I didn't ask about DP's zones they gladly answered. Couple of days go by and I see a post by Ildruin: Maintenance 04.01.2018. (nothing new regarding zones comes in) and then another one at 11.01.2018. (I understand that it's a data center maintenance or w/e they call it but yet again, nothin useful and play-worthy comes out).

Now here's the catch and a few facts that are messing with my head:

First of all, all they did to the old DP zones (Puretia, Laedis and Wynnadia) was that they ONLY added Soul Gaze to the dungeon with each dungeon's soul gaze having a chance for a different dragon egg.

So what's the point of stalling so much then with Korhala, Wintertide and such when all you're going to do is add Soul Gaze to the dungeon bosses and that's pretty much it.

I know that a lot of people here alongside me are old DP players and we remember the quests being identical, terrain being identical, world bosses didn't change, the only 2 things that have changed are the stupidly high prices (I also don't think that me and other players that actually bowed down to Gamigo and gave them money to buy slots regardless of the cost will get a refund of diamonds when the new prices, if they ever, come) and the addition of Soul Gaze to the dungeon's bosses.

It would be understandable if they are planning to make a new, never before seen zone/s which is highly unlikely. Or if they changed the game up a bit in the new upcoming updates (i.e. Change the bonuses of dungeon sets, ancient spawns etc.) because old DP both sets and ancient spawn times/places are THE SAME. So in conclusion, it's a big code copy-pasted game with 2 new things; more money greed and uhh.. yeah, Soul Gaze. That's like 10 new lines of code and some changed up code.

Now Gamigo really need to explain themselves about this one because me and all of the players are pretty much done with this...thing.:cursing:

• The main reason theyre dragging it out, I believe is an attempt to keep people interested. I sincerely doubt we'll get any new zones or big changes from DP, and its a very bad tactic for keeping players playing(especially DP vets who have seen it all, minus the Gazes, before). At the same time, a lot of players would quit as soon as they hit max, and by dragging it out there will be some players that stay and some that keep returning with each new release - and a lot that quit.

• I cant believe what i see here.
    You really ask for new zones yet ? Wait for lv 105 and then we will see.

So in conclusion, it's a big code copy-pasted game with 2 new things; more money greed and uhh.. yeah, Soul Gaze.

That's like 10 new lines of code and some changed up code.

Now Gamigo really need to explain themselves about this one because me and all of the players are pretty much done with this...thing.:cursing:

10 lines of code, you're dreaming ? Maybe you should create a own Game and tell us how easy it is + with only few lines of code.

And why should Gamigo explain anything ?

They created this "new" Game to generate more Money, all who didnt noticed this yet, are dreaming of a perfect world.

It's a Free to Play Game, so you dont have to pay monthly (which is good).

tbh they changed more than at DP the last 2 years. The only thing they change there is: marketplace, useless events..

Just uninstall this Game when your not lucky with it.

• Idk if I'm just extremely lucky or they actually did fix the fps drop a bit but I went back on dp see a friend that hasn't left it yet and we dueled a bit in our guild sanctuary... It was a nightmare sometimes I would freeze for about 30secs and we wouldn't even be dueling yet, I ain't got this issue on SH tho. Dp I usually play at roughly ~14fps while SH is ~25fps as for the new zones I'm pretty sure we're getting korhala pretty soon

• The main reason theyre dragging it out, I believe is an attempt to keep people interested. I sincerely doubt we'll get any new zones or big changes from DP, and its a very bad tactic for keeping players playing(especially DP vets who have seen it all, minus the Gazes, before). At the same time, a lot of players would quit as soon as they hit max, and by dragging it out there will be some players that stay and some that keep returning with each new release - and a lot that quit.

Well that wasn't my point and I'm sorry if I stated myself wrong, but this post was not about DP. It was about Savage Hunt and Gamigo's delaying.

• In fact, there would be something else to change. Since they changed the level-cap already in Wynnadia from 50 to 55, the following NPCs should start at lv 55 in Korhala. Since we don't know if we just get 5, 10 or 15 levels in the next "new" zone, they could be working on balancing this. But since they didnt change it in Wynnadia and the NPCs just end at lv 50, I somehow don't think they actually would do that...

• Payday, if I'm not entirely sure but I think you're a bit masochistic if you like people to suck money out of you and you get nothing in return but a bunch of cliffhangers and scams.

My point was that a lot of people have hit max lvl cap and have max gear sets on multiple accounts just like myself, and yet "new" zones are not even talked about. NOW READ CLOSELY, BY SAYING "NEW" ZONES I'M TALKING EXCLUSIVLY ABOUT SAVAGE HUNT JUST HAVING THE OLD ZONES FROM THE OLD DP (ALL ABOVE KORHALA). The "new" zones are already known as they are just going to be the same as old DP's zones.

10 lines of code was sarcasm, let's be real now. It's not like Gamigo is just 2 fat nerds, it's a big community of (I believe) experienced programmers that shouldn't have a problem with even 1000 of lines of code. And tbh, they could've already done it in the time period from when Wynnadia got released till now (I get the holidays and stuff) but it's not a big deal to literally copy Korhala from DP and add Soul Gaze to dungeon's bosses (just like they did with Wynnadia) and if you're blind enough not to notice that, slow clap applause to you my friend.:thumbup:

• Idk if I'm just extremely lucky or they actually did fix the fps drop a bit but I went back on dp see a friend that hasn't left it yet and we dueled a bit in our guild sanctuary... It was a nightmare sometimes I would freeze for about 30secs and we wouldn't even be dueling yet, I ain't got this issue on SH tho. Dp I usually play at roughly ~14fps while SH is ~25fps as for the new zones I'm pretty sure we're getting korhala pretty soon

Well yeah SH did have higher fps initially then the DP but as you said it had enormous fps drops and lag spikes. They did fix that so that's neat. I just hope that we get Korhala as well.

• In fact, there would be something else to change. Since they changed the level-cap already in Wynnadia from 50 to 55, the following NPCs should start at lv 55 in Korhala. Since we don't know if we just get 5, 10 or 15 levels in the next "new" zone, they could be working on balancing this. But since they didnt change it in Wynnadia and the NPCs just end at lv 50, I somehow don't think they actually would do that...

I think that you're amongst the ones that actually do get the all "new" zones thing. As you said, they MIGHT just MIGHT be tweaking something but if it is nothing else but tweaks it should take them so long. And also as you said, regarding what they did previously with Wynnadia I highly doubt they actually are tweaking something.

• Well that wasn't my point and I'm sorry if I stated myself wrong, but this post was not about DP. It was about Savage Hunt and Gamigo's delaying.

? Im speaking of SH as well, saying i doubt we will see large differences from DP. And that I consider the fact theyre releasing zones in SH slow/paced out as an attempt to keep the players. Im not quite sure what made you conclude I was speaking of DP, though I naturally compared and mentioned it.

This. And I mainly mean the top part of the quote.

It's how gaming companies work these days, if you look at other companies re-releasing a game in a different Continent, they never release their full game at once.

This way it keeps people busy while the publishers and/or dev works on New content.

It isn't a matter of delaying, nor do we know how much they change TBH.

It could be absolutely nothing besides soul gazes, but they still have to do all the work of setting it up to work.

• ? Im speaking of SH as well, saying i doubt we will see large differences from DP. And that I consider the fact theyre releasing zones in SH slow/paced out as an attempt to keep the players. Im not quite sure what made you conclude I was speaking of DP, though I naturally compared and mentioned it.

Uhmm sorry for getting confused there.. I brainfarted. But yeah, didn't mean anything bad, I'm just stating myself.

• Just a little extract from the e-mail footer:

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

See this as a warning.

Of course it's not a secret that we are working on the next zone, but still. Don't write mails and go spread them on the forum afterwards. That's just not cool. Goes especially for something like "look at what they say why I was banned" or something, that's nothing you put up on the forum ;)

• Well with all respect to Gamigo and their privacy, information like this isn't something that is TOP secret and every player who asks Gamigo via e-mail the exact same thing that I did, will get the pretty much same answer.. It's not like I'm a GM leaking unreleased things, these are just true facts and words that I hope Gamigo wants us all to know. But if I did a mistake and you warned me, I respect your warning and will read the rules next time :).

Edit: I think I also saved time for the players that were just as curious like me but didn't want to write an e-mail and then wait for the reply to see what's going on. They can see the reply over here on this thread and It also saves you guys a lot of time by not having to reply to so many same questions over and over again with an answer that is, well... over here.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nickapow ().