Guardian Level 60 / God Masteries Guide

The servers are going to be taken offline tomorrow at 10:00 CET. Farewell, Auratia!
  • yüksek lvl zindanlarda için pve ustalık

Bana yardımcı olursanız çok, memnuniyet duyarız

• I'm interested in the costume shards for 2h phys guardian.

On the equipment shards we are similar, I have 32 x 1k elemental damage and I think you have 32 x 1k physical damage

My costume shards are 12 x 1k elemental damage and 4 x 1k physical damage

Dragons-Prophet-20200425-100805-Copy.jpg

At 0:29 on the video your costume shards seem much larger and are there 4 overcharged ones? I do not know how to do this without losing the shard and it may benefit all players to understand the mechanism if it lets us be more powerful.

Screenshot-3.png

Both of our characters are fully upgraded (with the orbs glow) and using lv105 orange equipment, so the shard capacity will be about 1600. Many of your physical costume shards are close to the full capacity of the slots. I guess maybe 5 x 1500e physical, 7 x 1600e physical, 2 x 1600+e elemental, and 2 x 1600+e natural.

To make shards of this size at the attunement npc would each need five 1k shards. And physical shards are worth several times as much as elemental shards. Currently elemental damage shards are about 150k and physical about 600k so the ratio is about 4:1, but in the past it used to be somewhat better. I remember while the infinite gold exploit was going on a few years ago that it went down to about 2:1 with elemental damage shards costing up to 450k but physical damage shards still only 1kk.

You pointed out to the OP that physical shards are more expensive - to quantify this, probably my 32 equipment shards on equipment are notionally worth 150k * 32 * 10 * 10 * 4 = 1.9 billion gold, while your physical shards on equipment are notionally worth 7.68 billion gold.

And my costume shards are worth
    150k * 12 * 10 * 10 * 4 = 720kk

600k * 4 * 10 * 10 * 4 = 960kk

Where yours are perhaps
    600k * 5 * 10 * 10 * 4 * 4 = 4.8 billion

600k * 9 * 10 * 10 * 4 * 5 = 10.8 billion

150k * 2 * 10 * 10 * 4 * 5 = 600kk

90k * 2 * 10 * 10 * 4 * 5 = 360kk

Edessaiii: 1.9bn + 0.72bn + 0.96bn = 3.58bn

Exiledblader: 7.68bn + 4.8bn + 10.8bn + 0.6bn + 0.36bn = 24.24bn

I'm conscious this estimates a notional value.This certainly doesn't show the accurate value of the two characters, it will hugely inflate them and it is based just on a screenshot. In particular the price of very big shards isn't a simple multiplier of how many 280e - a 1k can be much cheaper than 400*280. And these volumes of shards are farmed over such long timescales that the values and even how they are farmed changes and can't be compared. It isn't a simple case that Exiledblader walks into Sorthina with a shard pile 6 times as valuable.

But there is a worry that if the OP is not clever they might have to play for several times longer to shard a physical guardian than an elemental one. As well as the masteries there might be special farming strategies they need to know. For example I have played actively for 3-4 years, I self-farm about 20% of my shards and spot purchase the other 80% in Auction House as 280s or 428s - but I'm conscious this is a lazy strategy and perhaps if I stockpiled gold and sniped auctions for 1k shards I could also achieve these amazing levels of shard strengths. Or perhaps other activities generate more gold such as selling AoCs. The penalty to me if I tried to sell my elemental shards now to become a physical guardian seems insurmountable: I don't have the gold or the time to do this.

Shards are on an exponential curve / diminishing marginal returns, so if the (notional) value of a character's shards were reduced by 75%, (which is a nice way to say if Exiledblader's shards were poor like mine :)) their damage output wouldn't fall by anywhere near 75%. If the ratio is 4:1, an ele guardian with 1k shards would be comparable to a physical guardian with 733 shards (only a 25% difference to input damage, which can be more than offset if their build converts it more efficiently... whilst still using the very limited selection of 20 or so skills that the game gives to 2H bazaka guardians...)

The difference to input-damage on Exiledblader's character is probably only in the region of 20% more:-

Edessaiii: 48 * 236 = 11300
    Exiledblader: (32 * 236) + (18 * 340) = 13500

Interestingly the German game client says "Schaden" =shards, but the English version says "Physical damage", so is this figure only the shards or does it include equipment? (This is useful to know because equipment stats have always seemed-to-me to be applied earlier on in DP's damage calculations).

How should overcharging be used? Exiledblader for this fight with Sorthina boss is using 2 extra costume shard slots - I know they don't get destroyed immediately but how long does the game allow before they must be removed again? Is this why you sometimes briefly switch to 1H during the attack cycle is it to reset a timer?

• and even more what the fuck

keep it short i dont eben know what you are trying to tell

• u can put shards into your costume that have double the energy of your costume slots energy

so IF you have 10x 10% costumes and your armor has 1000 energy you can put shards into costume slots that have 2000 energy.

maybe try some things out sometimes ;)

• How should overcharging be used? Exiledblader for this fight with Sorthina boss is using 2 extra costume shard slots - I know they don't get destroyed immediately but how long does the game allow before they must be removed again? Is this why you sometimes briefly switch to 1H during the attack cycle is it to reset a timer?

there is no timer. and nothing destroys the shards, sometimes they fall out of the slots, but that is completely random.

also i switch to onehand to use a onehand skill: the flying axes....

• It may reassure the OP to see that 2H PvE guardians mostly use the same set from RG:-

Screenshot-4.png

The one with crit chance + 600 and Focus +250 which is called "Duellist's Blood" in the English client.

Other than the penalty for changing our shards, the game helps prevent players from going down blind alleys by giving us basically sensible options for gear. Exiledblader's stats and my stats are actually mostly quite similar. We have the same types of items and the same numbers of slots available for our stats. Both of us could even get an extra slot by using an orange necklace rather than an RG one:-

Stat : Exiledblader | Edessaiii | difference | %diff

Strength: 2893 | 2321 | +572 | 125%

Constitution: 3640 | 3599 | +41 | 101%

Ferocity: 1201 | 1328 | -127 | 90.4%

Intelligence: 178 | 184 | -6 | 96.7%
    Focus: 2466 | 2483 | -17 | 99.3%

Charisma: 1214 | 800 | +414 | 151%

Dragon Affinity: 463 | 211 | +252 | 219%

The additional points Exiledblader has on Strength are important relative to the better shards, it may even be important relative to the choice of build. Strength can be added to weapons, helmets, tunics, gloves, necks - in addition to the points from the Character screen.

Of the +572 Strength points, I could match 200 by transferring my points out away from Fero - leaving 372 I would have to match from 5 equipment slots, an average of 75 points on each item (which would mainly be because I haven't overstatted Strength). For the OP there is no need to worry about an opportunity cost of overstatting Strength - both builds want this stat. So the difference in how elemental and physical guardians allocate points is quite a minor factor to our damage output.

• there is no timer. and nothing destroys the shards, sometimes they fall out of the slots, but that is completely random.

also i switch to onehand to use a onehand skill: the flying axes....

What he thinks (or at least what i think he thinks) is that if you are on one hand and the shards form off hand count and you switch back how long does it take until they dont count anymore. I know this should not be a question that is even asked in the first place but to answer it here they wont work right away but there is no sense in not filling these slots except you wanna cast everything on 2hand wich i dont even think is better unless you mount but im not sure about this.

• the shards in the costume slots of 1h only count when you are on onehand^^ who would think about switching to get that less damage but loosing 20k damage to weapon switch^^

the recalculation for switching things is always almost instant so yeah its not worth a thought

i just have shards i there for when i am on 1h weapon while pvp etc

• Well i dont know but wouldnt do more dmg to cast everything on onehand. I mean as long as you dont mount this should be the way to go but since i play oracle i dont have a clue about this. Its just what i think could be worth a try.

• Well i dont know but (IT)?) wouldnt do more dmg to cast everything on onehand. I mean as long as you dont mount this should be the way to go but since i play oracle i dont have a clue about this. Its just what i think could be worth a try.

What do you mean?

What do you suggest is the way to go, to do what exactly?

No class should ever play onehand if you want do deal maximum damage, except for gunbladers maybe :D

• I dont know if at some point the extra shards dont outdamag the stats. As i said i never tested this and since i mount for me its pretty clear.
    I just meant it could be worth a try to cast everything on onehand and see if high shards might outdmg the stats. But i believe you already tried this out and so and you already answered what i suggested.

• No no, there is no need to try it out. It is obvious.

As i said, the only class who is stronger on onehand is the gunblader, because these onehand weapons have the stats of 2h weapons. So u get an additional 6 slots and more stats like fero on the shield.

But u will need to have a different mastery than the bow ranger.. So think about how you want to play and decide then... Its no use to have slightly more damage if you dont like the skills you have to use...