Lowered Height Range?

• Y'all, why in all the world was the flying height range limited? It feels claustrophobic nowadays and it kinda makes me wanna stop playing. One of the best features was flying up high, giving it more of an open world feel, and now in order to be able to have that stuff I gotta use the bat like dragons. Same with climbing across mountains. Why was that disabled? It wasn't really causing any problems.

Could that stuff be readded so that it's actually a true open world styleish dragon thing? :/ Flying isn't fun anymore.

• Side note, yes. I did only join the forums to post about this. It's genuinely upsetting and offputting ugh

Edit: extra side note, I'm gonna be offline from the game until the next update, in hopes that it'll actually be fixed. Will probably not be, but hey? A man can hope. I'm just glad I was gonna wait a week before putting money into this stupid thing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AwoDee ().

• Good Morning,

I don't think that this would be a good idea. If you fall you are dead.

btw This would mean the Developer have to patch it and if you ask me a player: this don't happens.

and if you ask me as GM: I don't think that they would do this. there are so much another Stuff what is important then flying and RW does nothing atm.

best regards Suzumi

• It'd only be reversing something, I'm talking about the recent lowering, not wanting a boost to the OG height limit.There was a small update after the big one that released the new region, where they lowered the height limit. It's not a bug fix request, or anything that'd take an amount of work or something.

• Have you placed SH recently? They added the new zone, and then they also had a minipatch on heights. Everyone ingame noticed it, and I did at first thanks to suddenly getting pushed down height wise to a place heavily further down than I was in before said patch, and folks who used going across mountains as a decent way to get around got problems with getting teleported back to the farm.

• uhm i was flying around like every time before. i really didnt notice any changes of max high in any zone :w i know some zones have a lower max high ( and some strange ones which noone understands...) than others but thats still since i started DP a million years ago :D

also the port while climbing across some mountains was always in. its nothing new.

this "feature" also is not on every mountain ;) you just need to know where you can climb around :D

Even if I can’t see you

Even if we are separated far apart from each other…

I’ll always be watching after you.

I’ll definitely watch over you forever.

• It was only messed with on SH tho. It's only affected the first region I think? Like the change in that. Though yea, you could go on there and ask some folks who've been playing in there since the past two weeks, I'm sure you'll find some folks who've ran into the same problem.

• Honestly, paeon farm and it's surroundings have always had a super low flight cap. Haven't logged in there for a long time so I can't say what you're saying is true/false, but you could never really fly higher than 1/3 of the paeon farm windmill.

• also the port while climbing across some mountains was always in

not entirely true, the port thing was added somewhere close to Dragons Prophets "release", you could climb out of map way easier in Open Beta. But for Savage Hunt this has always been true and added...

• We were able to fly up to just below the big ole dragon in the sky before the flying nerf. BUT, considering of all I've read across the past few days, I'm 76% sure that being allowed to go that high lately, since my return, was probably thanks to a bug that was patched or something. That or it was them nerfing how high up you could fly (albeit when I played DP back in '14, it was a bit higher than it's been in SH, before SH's supposed 'nerf').

Btw sorry for being snipety here, I've already in the past lost a bunch of stuff from transferring DP to SH, considering I was a NA person. Lost a ton of $$$ spent, was being an idiot thinking that it'd b more chill this time around. Alas, that's life for you :ok_hand:

• We were able to fly up to just below the big ole dragon in the sky before the flying nerf.

you mean Lokfear? You never should be able to even get near him unless it's on the raid battle later down in puretia where he's on the ground. You getting up to him was 100% not something that should've happened.

• you mean Lokfear? You never should be able to even get near him unless it's on the raid battle later down in puretia where he's on the ground. You getting up to him was 100% not something that should've happened.

Yea, I'm guessing it ended up being a bug that was patched. Way back when, you could've gotten up to him on DP for a few months, and nowadays in SH you were able to get just under him for a lil while until the latest patch.