Population, old player making a comeback!

Osirans, can't login? Please report here with your Character Name & Game (DP, SH, or both): https://bit.ly/2lVWv2q
  • Hi all!

I'm planning on coming back to the game, but I'm not sure on which one I should choose... so I'm asking you, is Savage Hunt more populated than Dragon's Prophet?

thanks!

• There are still old players playing DP but some also switched to SH.

The population of both games is almost equal. I also noticed a increase in population in DP since I started playing again like 2 weeks ago (I'm a very old player too and also just returned to the game^^).

I mean, I saw a lot more people hanging around in Arteicia and playing actively day for day^^

• The 3 servers did get merged into a single one (for both games, not meaning both are on the same server, but both only have one server. Morgath for SH and I believe Auratia for DP) so that might be why it feels more lively

• Here is what my group thinks:

DP is awesome and in my opinion more fun to play so I do still play there (when my computer is not in the repair shop X/)... but Gamigo has been building Savage Hunt from the ground up with a supposedly new way of programming. So... we wonder ...why have 2 games so similar? They must have something special coming that DP can't handle because of different programming. Runewaker has turned more to phone games. Was the new programming for Savage Hunt created so it would interface with a phone ap (like for the dragon lair)? It's been hinted at that Savage Hunt will get some exclusive content. Maybe it will maybe it won't. We will see.

We don't know anything for certain and developer plans change all the time. This is just our own own logic, reasoning, and speculation. For these reasons, most of my friends are playing Savage Hunt. They see DP as a waste of time and resources. I, on the other hand play both. I like DP because DP is just easier to get stuff (I don't care about free dragons, I don't mind buying the ones I want and support the game). I have characters that I keep leveled up in Savage Hunt though, just incase, and to keep in touch with my friends.

So which way to go? Depends on what you plan to do. Are you planning on coming back and really building something major, grinding hard, and working a challenge? Then maybe you want to consider Savage Hunt. Do you want to reconnect with old friends or have a more relaxed style of play then maybe go with DP. They are both great.

zios_coloured_small_by_dalekfell-dc7rj5o.png  

Main Toon: Nyteshade - Ranger Lvl 91 . I have a hard time seeing chat. Please don't be offended if I don't respond. Dragon's Prophet: Nyteshayde Ranger Lvl 102; Savage Hunt : Joetheviking Oracle lvl 92

• If you spend real money in the game and like dragons, SH is better for you, otherwise you will have a big disappointment. SH has a large number of players, but they are abandoning the game, I believe that because everything is very expensive, not even with shells you can stay in the game unless you are only interested in dragons. I recommend you to play DP again.

• People are dropping the game for now only because they've got all the end-game content available. Porthis has been out for a few months and generally people that like to speed things up get their gear on the first week after the release. They will most probably be back whenever Thadrea gets released and then they'll do the same thing.

• SH is basically the "Dragon Collector" version of DP. Tons of dragons available for free, but everything else is much harder to obtain than in DP. Considering the rate at which zones are released, and the drastically inflated prices of virtually everything in the cash shop, it's almost counter-intuitive to play SH in its current state. Inflated cash shop prices are due to dragons mostly being removed from the cash shop, but you can't even build all these dragons reasonably unless you pay an exorbitant amount of money for slots/whips/skill removal crystals.

On DP you can at least farm alts quickly to assist with this, but they've "fixed" alt farming on SH. Coupled with the non-existent Dragon Insignia shop and the fact that you're severely limited on Incubators, which you can only purchase for an outrageous amount, instead of crafting like on DP really hampers training overall. I'm not saying that Gamigo doesn't deserve to make money from the game that they publish, but it's borderline extortion at this point.

• ... Gamigo has been building Savage Hunt from the ground up with a supposedly new way of programming. ... They must have something special coming that DP can't handle because of different programming. ... Was the new programming for Savage Hunt created so it would interface with a phone ap (like for the dragon lair)? It's been hinted at that Savage Hunt will get some exclusive content. Maybe it will maybe it won't. We will see.

Just a simple nope xD

Dragon's Prophet code is almost identical to that from Savage Hunt.

You can't change some few lines of code and expect the game to run so much different. It's the code-structure that has to be changed to receive a different result and that's something Runewaker for sure did not invest their resources in just for an low EU publisher to release the same game again for a handful of people.

When it comes to programming, I know exactly what I'm talking about^^