Greetings! & Where did this come from?

Thursday is maintenance day (starting at 10:00 CET)! We are trying to keep it as short as possible.
  • Hello all. I played Dragon's Prophet in beta & then release back when Sony had the game. Then of course, Daybreak who eventually shut down the NA servers. I just last night decided to Google Dragon's Prophet and found Gamigo. So, when did this happen?

I really loved Dragon's Prophet and was very sad to see it go.

Are there NA servers again?

Is the "Migration" tool going to migrate my old Sony/Daybreak characters and dragons?

Will I still have my Lady Vox dragon? (if migration is from old Sony/Daybreak account)

Is Savage Hunt a different game from Dragon's Prophet?

My apologies for so many questions, I'm just excited to think I can play again.

• Hey there, Gamigo is just the publisher for for the EU servers, as I know there are only EU servers left..., Gamigo took over the system/database/servers from Infernum, which was the first publisher for the EU playerbase.

I guess the take over from Gamigo was last year or the year before. NA servers are offline for a long time now.

Unfortunately Infernum did not transfer the NA accounts to EU servers and Gamigo, even if they want, can not transfer them to EU.

So, the answer is no, you won't get your old account from NA back... it's gone :(

You can play again, by making a new account on EU servers but you have to start from zero again :(

I'm sorry for you.. :(

• Yes, Graveguard is right, unfortunately...

Dragons Prophet and Savage Hunt are quite similar, but still different games and not compatible to each other. The biggest difference between them is, that in Savage Hunt you don't have marketplace dragons. You can get all of these dragons for free in dungeons. But that's also the reason why Items in SH are a little more expensive than in DP.

It's up to you, if you want to play Dragons Prophet like you used to know it, or play Savage Hunt to get all dragons for free and a little effort.

Und ich sah in seine wilden Augen, er lud mich ein mit ihm zu gehen.
    Auf seinen Schwingen fühlt' ich alles Leben, die Zeit wich dem Moment - wie alles flehen.

[GUIDE] Das Housing in Savage Hunt

• Are there NA servers again?

Is the "Migration" tool going to migrate my old Sony/Daybreak characters and dragons?

Will I still have my Lady Vox dragon? (if migration is from old Sony/Daybreak account)

Is Savage Hunt a different game from Dragon's Prophet?

This Dragon's Prophet ran parallel to the Sony/Daybreak one, but is separate and unrelated account-wise; unfortunately, as noted above, all of your NA data is gone forever and you'll have to start over if you choose to play again. Migration was only from the EU servers to other EU servers, which have all since been merged into one server. There is no NA server.

Savage Hunt is literally identical to Dragon's Prophet with the exception of the dragons—all marketplace dragons are available in-game for free, using a new mechanic to find their eggs (you support the game by paying through the nose for other marketplace items). Also, to my knowledge Savage Hunt is balanced differently (I've heard that leveling is more difficult early on) and currently only the zones through Porthis are available (i.e., Thadrea and Sitheran are only accessible in Dragon's Prophet for now). All that said, my Savage Hunt knowledge is sketchy, as I don't play it, so there may be some inaccuracy/incomplete detail to what I've said.

If you'd like to download the Dragon's Prophet client, you have to do so from the DP forum's main page—the link is at the top of the boxes to the right side of the screen. If you download from anywhere else, you'll probably be downloading the Savage Hunt client instead.

• Thank you all for the information. Starting from scratch is a shame, but I still like the idea of getting to play again. Now I just need to figure out what it is I'm actually downloading. I like the idea of all the dragons being acquirable in game. Since the downloading screen shows "Savage Hunt - Dragon's Prophet" I'm gonna guess it's DP downloading? I honestly don't remember where I kicked off the download.

Is this DP I'm downloading?

1M837sb.png

• Thanks again. Found the DP one. Only 17 hours to download (sobs). Okay. Downloading across the pond (I assume) plus some miles … wonder how actual game play will fair.

I'm sad to say I'd not heard of Gamigo until I googled Dragon's Prophet last night. So, I read some of their info, it mentions how they do have NA servers for other games so was kind of hoping they'd maybe published here. Maybe they'd be sweethearts and at least toss an NA download method this way. :love::saint:

• Shautru

it's up to you what you want to play. if you like dragons and don't want to spend money at them. you play Savage hunt.

if you don't care about dragons and likes stuff a bit cheaper you download DP.

len_en_project__tenkai_zuifeng_by_blindvoid-darceyi.pngWhen i don't get enough Sleep, after 5h dungeon grinding.

Lv 98 Oracle / Guildleader from Guild Blutleute

• Shautru

it's up to you what you want to play. if you like dragons and don't want to spend money at them. you play Savage hunt.

if you don't care about dragons and likes stuff a bit cheaper you download DP.

Thank you Tenkai. I'll probably just try both and go from there. Not sure it's even playable for me yet.

• Its a real shame DP isn't getting the love it deserves. If it was only from me, that game would be published everywhere and bugs would be fixed ASAP. Unfortunately, we're stuck waiting on RW..

• It's a real shame DP isn't getting the love it deserves. If it was only from me, that game would be published everywhere and bugs would be fixed ASAP. Unfortunately, we're stuck waiting on RW..

It really is... DP could still be the best and most popular free to play MMORPG these days after so many years if runewaker just kept up their development and support.

I had some direct conversations with runewaker via email about 2 years ago to get information about what the publisher was/is not telling us... it was the time when they were developing their "new" game called Guardians of Ember so they just told me they are not focusing DP development atm (2 years ago) because they need the resources for GoE, but they are still interest in developing DP in future...

well since then, DP also never got new content, except the small changes and features we got with Savage Hunt, like the function to inspect other players....

I tried to get in conversation with them again like a week ago, but I still did not get any response from them :/

• It really is... DP could still be the best and most popular free to play MMORPG these days after so many years if runewaker just kept up their development and support.

True words... It's really a pity, this game still has so much potential, it would only need a loving developer that cares.

Auf seinen Schwingen fühlt' ich alles Leben, die Zeit wich dem Moment - wie alles flehen.

• I agree, DP has always had great potential. Got it downloaded, installed, and it seems to run just fine. YAY! I had forgot that I had actually tried Infernum when the NA servers closed; but, for some reason it didn't run so well at the time. So, starting from level 15 :)

• People keep saying that the dragons are free to acquire in Savage Hunt, but what they don't say is that you will have nowhere to put them unless you pay a LOT for chamber space. That's why I quit and went back to Dragon's Prophet EU. I know they got enough complaints that they've tinkered with pricing since they, but I till felt DP less expensive overall. Plus there is no way I can convince myself to spend real money on storage space, while I have talked myself into spending real money on a dragon I particularly wanted.

• People keep saying that the dragons are free to acquire in Savage Hunt, but what they don't say is that you will have nowhere to put them unless you pay a LOT for chamber space. That's why I quit and went back to Dragon's Prophet EU. I know they got enough complaints that they've tinkered with pricing since they, but I till felt DP less expensive overall. Plus there is no way I can convince myself to spend real money on storage space, while I have talked myself into spending real money on a dragon I particularly wanted.

Yes, but people keep saying this 'cause of it's the main feature and difference between these games. ;)

Some like the DP concept more, others (like me) appreciate the SH concept. I want to collect dragons and the marketplace dragons are too expensive if you want many of them, especially if you want to get the book entries... my opinion...

Well, everyone should try both games and decide wether playing DP or SH. :)

• Also quick reminder that you don't HAVE to buy lair/stable/chamber spaces with diamonds. You can unlock them with shells, which are acquired by doing daily quests, which are completely free to do ;)

• My quick opinion on both games.

Dragons Prophet: The real game you should play to have the most fun

Savage Hunt: Well, just a simple copy of DP, with a small bonus feature and way to high marketplace prices, you don't even have enough space to store every dragon...

Collecting dragons is the one thing, but getting a use out of it is the other thing and that is sadly not given in Dragons Prophet/Savage Hunt.

The only thing dragons are good in both games is giving buffs and dying...

Collect as many dragons as you want and let them get dusty in your stable, once the 105 cap is released, it's the same game....

Just an idiotic idea in my opinion, splitting the already low playerbase of Dragons Prophet on two games.... *facepalm*

I simply don't get the idea behind Savage Hunt, but well, everyone is free to play what he/she enjoys most ;)

• I hope one day they just merge everyone to one ame so we can choose how we want to play

• I hope one day they just merge everyone to one ame so we can choose how we want to play

Except.. They literally just made the game to seperate it.. It would be rather counter productive for them to just be like "Yeah, sorry dudes, SH going down again".

There is no going back, and no merging games. People spend enough money on DP for it to be a problem if dragons became free, and enough money on SH to not move back to DP.

You can choose how to play, with two different games.

• It wouldn't make any sense merging the games! You can't have a game, where you can pay for a marketplace dragon while getting it for free in a dungeon at the same time. That would be useless!