PIcs of guild Korona playing with themselves (NSFW)

• On Tuesday, I went in BattleGround, and found I had stumbled into something private...

11 players had already opened their Groll Canyon and started a Korona-only session. They were not aggressively assaulting the camp (the one with the distinctive tents), but stood in two circles beating each other's trolls and wolfmen

This lasted for ten minutes. They mostly ignored me, but I still had to stand at spawn point until it was over. And then... they went in and did it again

When they finished for the second time, a leather-clad npc in Laedis gave them earrings

g93h6Z3.jpg

fDV1ic9.jpg

People should be able to enter battleground in party, but the way Runewaker set it up means that it tends to exclude people from doing PvP at all

It's made worse when players call "join BG pls" on World Chat for people to complete the queue - as the disorganised people from world chat are then against a party of players who know each other (and probably regularly farm BG in this way). In the absence of a matchmaking system, it might be nice if people didn't make a party without first making there is a party on the other side.

But I'm sure if people are doing BG just to farm mobs that doesn't need a party at all. It looks more like a way for a guild to ensure that nobody who wants to do PvP can come into BG and kill its farmers.

I don't want to insult guild Korona too much though, they did not abuse me in any way or make me have a bad time. And of course there is a language barrier - so they were not able to say "sorry this time we have filled this match with our farmers but would you like to kill some Wolfmen together with our Korona members who are also on Troll side with you? (and by the way we are planning to carry on filling the BG queue in this way for next 2 hours and we do this every Tuesday)"

I wonder what is the point of playing that way? If someone is one of these farmers who gets the Laedis item, or their overstatted jewellry in a sheltered farming group - it doesn't really mean anything as an achievement. Or if it is a quick way to build toons for pure PvP, it actually damages the competitive field of PvP and thus its very value. When the new PvP character is finished with the needed gear, he or she will go into Battleground and find there are fewer people to play against. Each player accelerating their gear farming in this way drives out two other players from PvP: the one who wants to fight but isn't able to get into BG or find a fair match (because the queue is full of farmers); and another who simply gives up doing PvP. This problem in DP is in addition to the difficulty you have anyway in MMOs of new players fighting older players.

I hope there never becomes a miniature tyranny of guild leaders over guild members: if two teams of farmers are always guarded (from any challenge of other players) by two over-powered leaders (who accumulated their over-powered gear by guarding farmers in otherwise empty PvP), does this reach a point where they are really enjoying not PvP but a game of Simon Says?

==

Runewaker could improve this in many ways - I'd suggest one easy way would be to provide another method of farming or buying lv105 Purple accessories. There is already a box available from npc vendors with Dragonscale Coins that gives lv105 blue with (a very small like 1%) chance of lv105 purple. If that chance was more like 100% it would limit compulsive PvE farming of BG to those players who are getting the 102 earring, whilst the number of lv105 purples in the game would still be limited somewhat by their cost and the time to farm CoP. BG runs would be fewer but more of the runs would be enjoyable.

PvE farming a 102 earring in BG can be a fun challenge when it is done solo. It perhaps goes on a bit too long (like this post you might say!) and detracts a bit from other players' experience of PvP - but the fun is to avoid other players to take objective points and mobs, and also learning to escape, which is skill for PvP and WvW once the character is geared.

• Game's dead , nothing will change since runewaker does not care at all . It's been years at this point just deal with it , this game won't change .

And you can still try to fight i mean you're playing warrior and there are dragons to heal all your life in less than a sec so you still could fight them and since there are weak people amongst them kill some of them .