Can We Get a Translation Feature for our Chat?

• Hi everyone!

First I want to say it's nice to have everyone on one server and the DP family is finally located in one place. It is nice to see more people. :D

My only difficulty (and mainly because I am very nosy) is I don't understand much of the chat in world/zone/local because I am not bilingual. It would be really nice if we could copy/paste chat and translate it (like google translate does) or set chat to have it appear to whatever language we select. I understand this is likely much more complex and involved than I fully comprehend, but it never hurts to ask a question - even if I don't receive the answer I was hoping for. :w:whistling:

Thanks!

~Kidira

• built-in translation is becoming more realistic, but they won't add it as a feature to a game from 2013

however the ability to select and copy text onto the clipboard would let us use whatever translation website

we can paste in to DP so it's strange it doesn't work the other way - maybe a bug, maybe a small enough one they could fix it

• Ya I agree we need some type of auto translator feature.

This is one of a kind game so it should be made into it even if game came out in 2013.

That did not stop wow or other mmo adding stuff after 10 years.

There is a big difference between WoW and games like this. Don't think you can compare popular mmos to dead ones.

• That did not stop wow or other mmo adding stuff after 10 years.

Someone didn't use his brain again. There's a "little" difference between games like WoW and DP. Something between continued developement and almost dead for years...

The MMOs which are actually adding stuff are always the ones where the developer is still actively working on the game. In DPs case that's just not the case anymore, since Runewaker is working on mobile games now.

Apart from that, I think Ildruin has mentioned something going in this direction before, but I'm not sure.

• True very true but i refuse to pay sub for a game that will eventually shutdown. I prefer f2p games or buy once and keep.

I am hoping dp update will be good like new content zone and dragons.

Not trying to kill hype, but don't you think if they would release BIG content, like a new zone...

They would only hype it up by chat?

No, no they wouldn't. Big new content would be hyped up with news posts, or even sneak peaks. It'd be newsletters, Facebook, twitter all that shit.

• Not trying to kill hype, but don't you think if they would release BIG content, like a new zone...

They would only hype it up by chat?

No, no they wouldn't. Big new content would be hyped up with news posts, or even sneak peaks. It'd be newsletters, Facebook, twitter all that shit.

true but since this is the only game i seem to love (i got others but mostly i play dp). I am gonna hope it got something to keep it alive

• I'm trying to remain positive and thinking of the 'here' and 'now' regarding DP and the fact that since the merge, there isn't a handy in-game tool for viewing or translating any of the chat I don't understand. It would be a huge help if I were bilingual, but I'm not. 8| Some kind of auto translate feature in our chat box, or at the very least the capability to copy/paste the chat would go a long way toward bringing our one server community together. ;) 

(Disclaimer ~ This is only my humble opinion, and not intended to be read as anything other than that. Excuse me while I finish my beverage which is 'half full' and resume chasing butterflies. :S)

• reason I said this is the gm on eu dp told us something big in store for dp for update.

Please enlighten us, I'd be interested as well.

We can certainly forward the suggestions to enable copying text from the chat!

• Please enlighten us, I'd be interested as well.

We can certainly forward the suggestions to enable copying text from the chat!

I cannot remember the specifics but it was a day I was in egg circle and gm was on and we were chatting.

They said runewaker usually the quite type and has big plans for dp like they did with RuneScape or what ever that game called.

I like to suggest seamoon companion (seen one in one of the festival moon games that was flying around on the wack o mole one.
    They ca do all the stuff the other mp ones can like fly and loot.

• Except... RuneScape isn't owned by RW :w

pff. he probably meant "Runes of Magic", I'm not sure if that is the one they sidelined DP for but it is on their website

while we wait for the ability to copy text to the clipboard, with all the data security shenanigans that probably involves now, perhaps we could make a glossary of common terms - like "alle versogt" = "cared all" (lit. "all are scooped":)) and the names of the dungeons, like PW=NoT(?), and other phrases like NDZ which seems to be used for Eng:"needs" even though UK textspeak doesn't normally abbreviate the word. (but idk - it might be a similar word in another language)

maybe Gamigo could apply for special United Nations protection for Dragon's Prophet since it has evolved a unique multilingual, pidgin, textspeak - around the facts that megaphones are limited, the box is small, and none of us can copy any text into an online translation tool. Perhaps world peace could be achieved by everyone trying to raise pet lizards in each other's houses to sell to medical science.

DP's in-game economy is also worth of serious study. Could real countries avoid the need for a central bank, inflation, and foreign exchange, if everyone's possessions were deleted when they died?

• ya runes of magic is what I meant