Egg circle is Alive and Well in Arteicia Channel 1

• As you can see, the egg circle is thriving and doing well in Arteicia channel 1. I believe we get more cares here as people pass by, and we may actually miss some cares if people need to go below to the lair manager area.

The egg cave was a wonderful idea that helped us achieve optimum cares across all servers before the merge, however the fact that it is PVP still puts some people off.

I hope we can retain the egg circle in Arteicia near the skytouched knight. The only thing that would make it even better.... a lair manager up top. Any chance of being able to do that? :whistling:

Safe travels and happy trails, everyone!

~Kidira

P.S. Don't forget, if traveling through Arteicia, to stop by Arteicia Channel 1 and care our eggs. The health and well being of many future dragon hatches depends on you and all cares are greatly appreciated.  

• I like the circle down in the lair to be closer to the Lair Manager and the Tournament Officer, but on top is still better than B-19 and the PVP players who broke the rules and killed people, hurting their armor and their chance to max their eggs. Not sure which area is truly better for traffic, but I'm just happy to be safely down in Artecia again AND have the servers merged there.

• Yes, I would love it if we could also have a lair manager up top.

We have another tourney npc in the building across from our current egg circle, near the mastery trainer, so that's not too far away.

I just wasn't sure what all is involved getting an npc added, but I would guess it is a much more complicated process than I can comprehend. (or is it? :saint:)

• I like the circle down in the lair to be closer to the Lair Manager and the Tournament Officer, but on top is still better than B-19 and the PVP players who broke the rules and killed people, hurting their armor and their chance to max their eggs. Not sure which area is truly better for traffic, but I'm just happy to be safely down in Artecia again AND have the servers merged there.

Sadly those pvpers never truely got banned I think. Maybe they got like ban for x amount of time and not full. Even if full they can just create new account. If they really wanted to mask their ip address they can use vpn for dp or something. It really impossible to block these people.

• They are only scumbags when they break the rules and kill players holding eggs in what is supposed to be a protected area. I personally refused to go egg care on B19 because it was a pvp zone. I am not geared for pvp in the slightest, and yet there are those who think its fun to just kill other players if they can get by with it. I do liken this to bullying. If I choose to go to an area that I know is pvp, then I can expect to be killed there, such as, territory wars.

• Sadly those pvpers never truely got banned I think. Maybe they got like ban for x amount of time and not full. Even if full they can just create new account. If they really wanted to mask their ip address they can use vpn for dp or something. It really impossible to block these people.

I was banned for 1 week for killing a "PvPer" who was stood in the doorway griefing the egg circle. So that may partly answer your doubts and hopefully it has been applied consistently. My response wasn't to create a new DP account. But to call them PvPers is possibly an insult to PvP. They didn't say "hurrah! finally one of these B19 egg carers will engage me in noble combat", they stood still until they died and then they reported me. So a more correct term is perhaps "PvGers - Player versus Game", or maybe just "Troll".

That was in July I think. I still love DP's community so am logging in once a day to pick up the login rewards and have just joined the new egg circle as well. Other than that, I could farm another 1k shard but the extra dps wouldn't be noticeable. I guess once the egg is done I could log in on just the days with the Catalysts, Training Whips, Shard Glue and Shard Extractors. More of the new players from the other servers seem to have the Deyarka items, so maybe there will be runs I can join.

• I was banned for 1 week for killing a "PvPer" who was stood in the doorway griefing the egg circle. So that may partly answer your doubts and hopefully it has been applied consistently. My response wasn't to create a new DP account. But to call them PvPers is possibly an insult to PvP. They didn't say "hurrah! finally one of these B19 egg carers will engage me in noble combat", they stood still until they died and then they reported me. So a more correct term is perhaps "PvGers - Player versus Game", or maybe just "Troll".

That was in July I think. I still love DP's community so am logging in once a day to pick up the login rewards and have just joined the new egg circle as well. Other than that, I could farm another 1k shard but the extra dps wouldn't be noticeable. I guess once the egg is done I could log in on just the days with the Catalysts, Training Whips, Shard Glue and Shard Extractors. More of the new players from the other servers seem to have the Deyarka items, so maybe there will be runs I can join.

Ah ya troll the correct word I believe

• I was banned for 1 week for killing a "PvPer" who was stood in the doorway griefing the egg circle. So that may partly answer your doubts and hopefully it has been applied consistently. My response wasn't to create a new DP account. But to call them PvPers is possibly an insult to PvP. They didn't say "hurrah! finally one of these B19 egg carers will engage me in noble combat", they stood still until they died and then they reported me. So a more correct term is perhaps "PvGers - Player versus Game", or maybe just "Troll".

I still am waiting for rg loot runs but no one does them when I am on.

Sorry for multiple posts but how is that even fair. You get banned for defending yourself?

• I still am waiting for rg loot runs but no one does them when I am on.

Same here, or when there are the occasional one or two loot groups announced while I am on, I am usually not added. Think this is due to people picking those they are more familiar with. I am not in the loot groups enough for most players op enough to run RG to be familiar with me.... basically boils down to very limited game time.

• Same here, or when there are the occasional one or two loot groups announced while I am on, I am usually not added. Think this is due to people picking those they are more familiar with. I am not in the loot groups enough for most players op enough to run RG to be familiar with me.... basically boils down to very limited game time.

Ya and then they announce it when you are away from the screen fro 1 minute then get back and it full.

• Same here, or when there are the occasional one or two loot groups announced while I am on, I am usually not added. Think this is due to people picking those they are more familiar with. I am not in the loot groups enough for most players op enough to run RG to be familiar with me.... basically boils down to very limited game time.

I think it's more because the group gets filled immediately, than that they do not want you in. Usually people do not care about who joins loot groups (unless they really hate that one player) cuz all they do is boosting the loot, so anyone will work.

DragonProtector they got banned most probably because the guy that got attacked sent a screenshot containing his combat log proving that he got attacked. And since GMs are well, GMs, they won't take the time to play as a lawyer for every case like this, they ban on evidence of a crime.

• I think it's more because the group gets filled immediately, than that they do not want you in. Usually people do not care about who joins loot groups (unless they really hate that one player) cuz all they do is boosting the loot, so anyone will work.

DragonProtector they got banned most probably because the guy that got attacked sent a screenshot containing his combat log proving that he got attacked. And since GMs are well, GMs, they won't take the time to play as a lawyer for every case like this, they ban on evidence of a crime.

Ah makes sense.

• DragonProtector they got banned most probably because the guy that got attacked sent a screenshot containing his combat log proving that he got attacked. And since GMs are well, GMs, they won't take the time to play as a lawyer for every case like this, they ban on evidence of a crime.

I'm sure that's right. But the GMs should never have needed to be like lawyers, because the design of the B19 area should have prevented the argument arising. And remember the PvPers should have a proper arena mode, as then we wouldn't need an Isle at all.

Egg circle is back to what it needs to be. It lacks an NPC, it lacks a "care all" button, it lacks an AFK feature, it lacks simple notifications to show you're getting cares, it could be better designed - but we can get an egg to max stats again.

PvP is still left with the (worse) problems it always had. Territory Wars is really WvW so leave that to one side, and look at Groll Canyon with its fixed 10vs10 format, its lack of matchmaking and its distracting npc gimmickry. No wonder people would rather have an Isle.

What there should be is a queue for quick 1vs1 matches, where you can see the other player's name, and it generates a small simple arena instance - maybe the Dragon Arena one - and it gives you a rating over time so other players can have some idea of how strong you are. 5vs5 would be a good further development. Groll Canyon is wonderfully creative as a piece of game design - strong principles - but over time the other model I'm alluding to has won out elsewhere in terms of retaining players. If there was a map where two teams of 5 try to capture a flag that fires some cannons at a shax ship in a pretend harbour every other minute, that would be used hundreds of times a day and the Trolls and Wolfmen of Groll Canyon could have a long holiday.

• Yeah, when RW announced the game, they were planning for it to have a lvl cap of 200 at the very end,and have several maps for PvP. But they kind of dropped the whole DP project 3 years ago so rip that I guess. Also, B19 was *originally* a PvP only island. The egg circle just got put there because it was the easiest way for Gamigo to have a cross server circle without having to sign a bunch more contracts with RW, which can't really communicate well with Gamigo. If you go there at the right times,you'll see a bunch of honorable actual PvPers duelling to try and get better at their classes. The arses that attacked the circle had nothing to do with those guys, I can tell you for sure. The island pretty much is a kind of 1v1 thing, but you don't have to spend hours in queue to enter it. As for grill, the game is so empty its hard to even open it, because you need 10 people in queue for it to open. It is EXTREMELY rare that you will see a 10v10 in Groll nowadays.

• I still wonder why they don't pass the Groll at 5VS5...

Runewaker had planned a lot of good things. Runewaker no longer works on Dragon's Prophet because the game does not yield enough money to be eligible for development. I don't know if Gamigo will ever invest for futures DP/SH contents.

Exceddius - old SeyrenWindsor - Dragon's Prophet

• I still wonder why they don't pass the Groll at 5VS5...

Runewaker had planned a lot of good things. Runewaker no longer works on Dragon's Prophet because the game does not yield enough money to be eligible for development. I don't know if Gamigo will ever invest for futures DP/SH contents.

The game on it death bed they just trying to milk everyone it last $ grab

• I think it's more because the group gets filled immediately, than that they do not want you in. Usually people do not care about who joins loot groups (unless they really hate that one player) cuz all they do is boosting the loot, so anyone will work.

Yes, I know what you say to be true too. Its just frustrating.