Worldmerge - The next bad news for DP

• So am I right thinking that they are just delete players items next week? :huh:

Well, no.

We have urged everyone to take care about your situation if you have 13 or more characters. If you do, please send your items somewhere, place them in a bank, inventory, or simply keep it in the mail for 30 days until you can figure it out, but we won't start deleting random characters.

• ^ if you have 12 characters and less you won't loose anything, if you have more than 12, make sure the lowest lvl characters don't have anything too special on them it's that simple

• Well, no.

We have urged everyone to take care about your situation if you have 13 or more characters. If you do, please send your items somewhere, place them in a bank, inventory, or simply keep it in the mail for 30 days until you can figure it out, but we won't start deleting random characters.

Ah ok. Understood. :)

But what about players who will not be able to do it as of some real life reasons etc.. ?
    Is adding character slots difficult or something?
    Don't know how the decision making body working in this case but with current capacity of 36 characters, it would be common sense with idea of merging servers to provide minimum equal space instead of forcing people to delete their items and characters or doing so without their knowledge?

Oh well many will be surprised :thumbup:

• Isnt the character cap 18 right now tho? I thought there was 3 servers with 6 slots each? Considering DP and SH aren't the same thing. I'm just curious why everyone's talking about 36 slots

• Because i dont like to repeat myself x-times, and it wont make sense to tell what was the point about this topic, i will stop to explain this.

I already wrote that its not about 36 Characters... :rolleyes:

• But what about players who will not be able to do it as of some real life reasons etc.. ?

While the email notice certainly could have come much sooner, the forum notice has been up for the whole month and the launcher notice has been the first slide for a couple of weeks. For most players, even if it's so achingly time-consuming to check the forums daily or weekly, it's still not that hard to at least take a second to see what the launcher is saying and then pop into the forum to check up on the news—it should be obvious that a server merge is too big a deal to presume the details don't matter. Players who will lose out for that reason are losing out because of their inattentiveness.

For those with "real life reasons" such as not having access to a computer because of an armed forces deployment or the like, I feel for them being left behind but don't see how the world can be expected to stop turning.

Is adding character slots difficult or something?

Don't know how the decision making body working in this case but with current capacity of 36 characters, it would be common sense with idea of merging servers to provide minimum equal space instead of forcing people to delete their items and characters or doing so without their knowledge?

Difficulty is a decent question, though the counter-question is arguably cost-effectiveness, since time is money to any business.

That is, a) are there a lot of players with more than twelve characters, and b) do they spend enough money on each one to justify the time that will be needed to add slots? Guaranteed, the answer is "no" to both questions (especially the second one). Doesn't really matter if it would take two seconds to click 'yes' and press a number key to add more slots—if twelve is the default and it's not seen as cost-effective to make an adjustment then it just won't be done.

Further, getting the servers merged obviously needs to happen as fast as possible so that players can start spending money again ASAP, which will be harder when every player wants a different number of characters added to the new server. Carrying over more than twelve characters means more time and less money. And not only players, but someone has to be paid to supervise things. Can't have that.

Oh well many will be surprised :thumbup:

Yes, many will be surprised. It's what happens when you stop playing an MMO for a large quantity of time and never once keep yourself abreast of what's going on. For adults, being aware of life happening around you is literally your responsibility—no one else's. Counting on others to babysit you will always end badly.

• Yes, many will be surprised. It's what happens when you stop playing an MMO for a large quantity of time and never once keep yourself abreast of what's going on. For adults, being aware of life happening around you is literally your responsibility—no one else's. Counting on others to babysit you will always end badly.

yes... but for most people an MMO isn't really an adult responsibility, and a paying customer should be able to expect the basic customer service of being notified when something they paid money for is being taken away by the provider.

Which on this occasion Gamigo have done, by sending an email. So that's alright :)

• yes... but for most people an MMO isn't really an adult responsibility,

True, and I normally share that view when it comes to offline games or any MMO or F2P that I otherwise don't spend real money to support.

However, the fact that I spend real money on this game and the knowledge that it could be taken away at any time makes staying informed about it an adult responsibility in my mind; I can't prevent a migration, merge, or shutdown, so I need to be aware of what's going on and make the most of my time if I'm going to be negatively impacted.

It's just odd to me that others who might spend money on a F2P—a type of game with a particularly uncertain lifespan—would leave it for months at a time without checking in at least a few times each month (unless they'd given up on it and didn't care anymore). I keep this forum on a tab in my browser and typically refresh once daily to see if there's anything new, whether or not I log in to play. It's not that difficult and can head off a lot of frustration.

• Hi,

to me the merge just means 3 times less of everything we can find on maps guys :((

Less dragons to catch, less eggs to find on maps, less encrypted chess, less world boss…

And yes there are not many players on maps because they are all farming dungeons with their guilds !

Remember, this game runs with instances ;)

Have fun !

• Hazull you definitely did not get to experience how awesome it was when there actually was people playing. Yes there will be more competition for eggs, dragon's, etc, but the server will feel like there are actually more than 2 people playing for the first time in a long time

• Hazull you definitely did not get to experience how awesome it was when there actually was people playing. Yes there will be more competition for eggs, dragon's, etc, but the server will feel like there are actually more than 2 people playing for the first time in a long time

agreed. I ran into a player from french server hunting for vf (verdant fin) same as me. Very nice person.

• The game was designed to have tons of people playing at once. The raid dungeons for example, you need 10 people to get the most from them. Sometimes not 10 people from your guild is on at the same time and inclined to do it. Recently I was in a party to do NoT. We finished the dungeon and it was like pulling teeth to find 10 people to just loot it. The work was done they just had to come get the stuff and there was barely 10 people to come.

Having the servers merge means:

• you can actually use the "find a party" feature and have a chance at random people joining you in the big dungeons.
    • World chat might actually be answered.
    • The auction house now has a chance at helping the economy for newer players (or old returning players like me who are looking to buy stuff that will help build my toon).
    • You can have people helping you get world PEs done
    • World Boss help
    • CoP is much more fun with a full party
    • IoLS is much more fun with a full party

Ok so you have more competition for somethings, but that's how the game is supposed to be played. That's how you get better and more skilled. That's the challenge. The things that matter like dragons and eggs have other means to get than finding them in the wild. You can dance for shell pieces, eggs you can exchange for in the lair or buy in the auction. Need a dragon, well most will hatch from eggs you can buy or exchange. Even encryption components can be bought in the auction if someone is selling. With an big population there was usually someone selling something of everything.

zios_coloured_small_by_dalekfell-dc7rj5o.png  

Main Toon: Nyteshade - Ranger Lvl 91 . I have a hard time seeing chat. Please don't be offended if I don't respond. Dragon's Prophet: Nyteshayde Ranger Lvl 102

• The game was designed to have tons of people playing at once. The raid dungeons for example, you need 10 people to get the most from them. Sometimes not 10 people from your guild is on at the same time and inclined to do it. Recently I was in a party to do NoT. We finished the dungeon and it was like pulling teeth to find 10 people to just loot it. The work was done they just had to come get the stuff and there was barely 10 people to come.

Having the servers merge means:

• you can actually use the "find a party" feature and have a chance at random people joining you in the big dungeons.
    • World chat might actually be answered.
    • The auction house now has a chance at helping the economy for newer players (or old returning players like me who are looking to buy stuff that will help build my toon).
    • You can have people helping you get world PEs done
    • World Boss help
    • CoP is much more fun with a full party
    • IoLS is much more fun with a full party

Ok so you have more competition for somethings, but that's how the game is supposed to be played. That's how you get better and more skilled. That's the challenge. The things that matter like dragons and eggs have other means to get than finding them in the wild. You can dance for shell pieces, eggs you can exchange for in the lair or buy in the auction. Need a dragon, well most will hatch from eggs you can buy or exchange. Even encryption components can be bought in the auction if someone is selling. With an big population there was usually someone selling something of everything.

The action house was the same for all 3 servers. so no changes there.

ppl will still not gonna use megaphones to answer ppl because they keep them for when they need them.

• ppl will still not gonna use megaphones to answer ppl because they keep them for when they need them.

You serious with that? I highly doubt that anyone in the game has too less microphones to answer someone in World Chat.

When I stopped playing DP, I was at 1k of them (If i remember correctly)