Dragon Tournament seeding system.

• Hi,

For a long time I've been thinking about the unfairness of the bracket draw system for our 2x weekly Dragon Tournament. Below I will post some quick suggestions so we can all get a more fair less luck based competition.

Seeding based on previous tournament result or from our Leaderboard.

The Leaderboard can function as a monthly world ranking system the same as the world ranking list works in Tennis ATP / WTA ranks determine the place in RO 128 in Grand Slams there for example the 1st 32 players of the world ranks are pre placed nr.1 at top of the bracket and nr.2 at the bottom. Or as we have the tournament table in DP: nr.1 would be left top of the RO 32 card and the nr.2 at the bottom right half. nr.3 at the top of right half and nr. 4 at bottom left. So its nr.1 vs nr.4 in semi's and nr.2 vs nr.3

Blizzard for example uses a qualifier for StarCraft II to pre-place the best players and seeds those in top of each group or at the outsides of their brackets so u get more interesting (closer) potential quarters, semis and finals. Those systems are win/win bc they are more fair + they give better match-ups near the end of the tournament.

Another thing that's unfair is the fact that we are not able to challenge players from the other servers even tho we (from all 3 servers) are combined in the rankings. This makes it way harder for the most active (competitive) servers to compete with the top of the quiet ones. a combined leaderboard is fine i.m.o. but at least let the top 8 players or so battle it out among each other to determine the winner of the monthly 1st prize.

Quarterly prize is ofc. determined by results combined from 3 months so that can stay as it is.

I really hope you guys at Gamigo take this suggestion in consideration because the tournament is getting more quiet each week and maybe a change in system can boost the popularity again. Dragon's are the best thing about DP and it is (for the biggest part) what makes this IP way better then most f2p WoW clones on the market and the DvD arena and Tournament are our ways to keep DP interesting @ endgame.

Cheers,

AdAmAnt

server: Jorbyn (Osira)

Guild: Defiant

"Another thing that's unfair is the fact that we are not able to challenge players from the other servers even tho we (from all 3 servers) are combined in the rankings. This makes it way harder for the most active (competitive) servers to compete with the top of the quiet ones. a combined leaderboard is fine i.m.o. but at least let the top 8 players or so battle it out among each other to determine the winner of the monthly 1st prize.

Adam made several good observations as well as an excellent point about the fact that all three servers vie for the top spots in the tournament standings, however we don't really battle against other server participants. This doesn't seem quite right and hope it is something to be considered as we go forward.

• An issue in Savage Hunt was also people creating alts to win the tournament on other servers and send all rewards to their main. Something such as letting all 3 servers clash against each other for the #1 spot would be a good countermeasure to that issue as well.

• Hi there!

Lots of this will be kind of solved when we are merging the servers.

Again, we do not have an official announcement when, how and what, but a "world merge" has to happen in our eyes. This is kind of an open secret that we are planning this.

Big changes or a rework of the tournament system seem unlikely, unfortunately.

We hope to be able to give you updates soon!

• I guess the egg circle won't change at all, only that whole Auratia will become "Cross-Server" ;)

i mean if they make one server no need for egg circle in b19 better in my opinion i always thought there must be one server since there is no meaning in spliting already small player population:D

• i mean if they make one server no need for egg circle in b19 better in my opinion i always thought there must be one server since there is no meaning in spliting already small player population:D

Well, that's right, the circle might move back to Arteicia again ;)

Time will show, what will happend. :)

Und ich sah in seine wilden Augen, er lud mich ein mit ihm zu gehen.
    Auf seinen Schwingen fühlt' ich alles Leben, die Zeit wich dem Moment - wie alles flehen.

[GUIDE] Das Housing in Savage Hunt

• Well, that's right, the circle might move back to Arteicia again ;)

Time will show, what will happend. :)

That will be so cool. When my game loads up one of the screen shots is of the insanely full egg circle in Arteicia. Then I cry a little inside because those were the good old days...

zios_coloured_small_by_dalekfell-dc7rj5o.png  

Main Toon: Nyteshade - Ranger Lvl 91 . I have a hard time seeing chat. Please don't be offended if I don't respond. Dragon's Prophet: Nyteshayde Ranger Lvl 102; Savage Hunt : Joetheviking Oracle lvl 92

• That will be so cool. When my game loads up one of the screen shots is of the insanely full egg circle in Arteicia. Then I cry a little inside because those were the good old days...

it would make me emotional aswell.i always wanted to see many people around like in past.i wish they didn’t make many mistakes with managing this game.i hope things will get little better with current teams’s effort.i dont sound much optimistic but thats legit after all what happened in years i guess.

• Hello

Thats something was forbidden before because the deferents of langue we speak even they was Cant make channels in the game speak deferents langue . what changs happen to make you wana merging all existing servers ?

Thank you

Ultra

• Hello

Thats something was forbidden before because the deferents of langue we speak even they was Cant make channels in the game speak deferents langue . what changs happen to make you wana merging all existing servers ?

Thank you

Ultra

No one has said there have been any changes. The explanation was that the collective opinion was that a server merge should happen. And it should; I've never seen any of the servers with anything remotely like a high population, and condensing three servers down to one would save money and offer more player interactivity.

• Hi,

I've heard about the (potential) server merger a month or so ago. This would be good for things like the egg circle & the Dragon Tournament Leaderboard indeed. Im not gonna type German or French in chat tho fk that (I've learned to write & speak English for a reason :P)

In all seriousness this still doesn't fix the top players versing each other way too early on in the tournament tho. Ofc a more competitive tournament does potentially give better match up across the board but its still unfair for successful players not being rewarded (protected) for their rankings. Which is at the end of the month what its all about. Prizes are too top heavy as well bc only 1st is actually worth competing for as the rest of the loot is easy to obtain it just takes a little longer to gather if you are ranked lower.