Alright Developers, sit down and hear me out. I not only LOVE dragons, but have played some of the more notable FTP games on the market. I'm talking Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars 1, Aion, Archage, Neverwinter, Tera, Wild Star, and Rift among some others. Again, I love Dragons. No matter how the reviews are or how badly received the game is you bet I'm going to play it. I'm such a Dragon loving nerd I've played all the Drakan games, Have ALL the Drakengard games, I have Lair (The PS3 game with some amazing vissuals), Reign of Fire game, Spyro games, and even have movies that have done amazingly poor with reviews with dragons because they have DRAGONS! Heck! I even DRAW dragons (see icon) and have several original stories revolving around dragons.
Now I never played the original Dragon's Prophet because I hear the NA servers went down fairly early in the games life and no one really introduced me to it. But when I randomly saw this game advertised in my email I knew I had to give a look into it. Instantly I fell in love with the trailer. It was quirky, fun, and made the game seem so engaging and full of DRAGONS. It made me believe I could literally collect every dragon in this game (advertised as over 600 different Dragons) and that I could actually keep them all. Every single last one. So I instantly registered and downloaded the game. While I waited I went on a social media rampage, telling all my friends about it. Posting to tumblr, poking friends in discord showing EVERYONE I knew about this games existence.
Then came the time I was able to log in for the first time and was able to tame my first dragon as soon as I got out of the instanced beginning portion. I could even FLY at such a low level! I was ecstatic!
But then the limitations attacked… destroying all hopes and dreams of becoming a top collector of every single dragon in this game. My motivation dropped and having tamed 4 dragons; the maximum amount currently available without a hefty price tag, I found myself losing interest and that excitement I had telling all my friends instantly turned into me telling them to disregard the game until further notice.
I understand this is a recently released game and there’s bound to be a few hiccups along the way. But let the players help you make a remarkable game that’s talked about more than just on these forums. Let us help you to help us. In this thread I will list key things I’ve noticed that greatly deter me from wanting to further play beyond the starting area.
Anyone can add onto this! Let’s help them make this game great again!
Things behind a cashwall that I feel need to be changed:
-Mail should be sendable from anywhere when NOT near a mailbox but not receivable anywhere.
- The game has dragon mail carriers doesn’t it?
-The $39.99 Price tag to access Mail, Bank, and Auction house anywhere for an entire Month?
- This is an instant addition to a big fat NO. Many FTP MMO’s offer this feature as one time use items that players can buy for a very low cost. I would recommend switching these features to a single use access item that can be purchased for a low cost. You can even bundle some together in quantity packs for discounted prices. Say 5 Diamonds for a single use. A bundle of 10 for 45 Diamonds, a bundle of 100 for 475 diamonds. Not only would you make money off this.. People will continue to buy MORE.
- 30 Diamonds teleportation fees for ANY recorded location in your teleport book? WHAT?!
- In many MMO’s teleports cost in game currency to teleport to a location recorded or pinpointed within the game world itself. I understand where you’re coming from with this aspect charging diamonds to teleport.. But you should give the players the option to have a small handful of teleports for in game currency. And if players want additional slots? They can purchase those for say 500 diamonds. 500 diamonds would only be respectable IF Savage Hunt returns to the original Dragon’s Prophet pricing for exchanging Real Money into a Cash Shop currency.
-Bag and bank space should not cost the players thousands of dollars to unlock more space.
- As it stands in American Currency; to unlock all backpack and bank space it’ll cost us over or roughly $200 to unlock all spaces. This is NOT the standard price range in other FTP MMO’s. The unlock price only includes a measly 8 spaces. The average of some MMO's for unlocking additional bag space for a rough estimate of $4-$5 would net us anywhere from 10-20 bag spaces. Bank space for roughly $7-10 is anywhere from 20-30 additional spaces.
-Dragons should NOT be limited behind an enormous paywall.
- Dragons are the key motive behind this games potential success. You’ve advertised that we can TAME ALL dragons and COLLECT ALL dragons. But the truth is we can’t tame all dragons or collect all dragons. We have to release our dragons in order to tame more dragons because of a measly 4 slots only. 2 in Lair and 2 active with us and the rest guarded heavily by a greedy Lair dragon who forces us cough up over $700-$1,000 in order to unlock ALL slots for dragons which is only 204 slots... 204 slots in a game with over 600+ dragons to tame.
-The Real Money to Diamond conversion rate is WAY absurd.
- I never played the original Dragon’s Prophet game. The friend I mentioned earlier did as did many others here. It’s been brought up several times by original Dragon’s Prophet players that the Real Money to Diamond conversion rate was far less aggressive than this. $39.99 in Dragon’s Prophet netting you a little over 6,000 Diamonds. Where as here.. $49.99 nets you a whopping 4,400 Diamonds..
-Account wide features.
- Many games have the account wide features such as an account wide bank. And many features unlocked ACCOUNT WIDE. You’ve given us 12 FREE character slots and from what I understand everything is unlockable per character.. So.. for unlocking all Bag spaces and bank slots x 12 characters.. That is roughly $2,400 in American Currency.. Unlocking all Lair/Dragon slots? I’m not even going to list the price because I would faint. This is a huge fat NO and should not be this way. Some features need to be account wide unlocks. For sure the bank space needs to be an account wide unlock as well as accessible by all your characters. Here’s what I THINK you could get away with though.. Have the 204 slots for dragons be an account wide unlock but for additional slots you COULD get away with having them be per character for a smaller fee than what they are currently.
Look I get it, believe me I do. You’re trying to make money on a newly released, refurbished version of a game people liked to play. But you’re going about it in all the wrong ways with all these limitations and substantial player breaking decisions annoyingly placed behind insane and unfathomable paywalls. You make it seem like you don’t want this game to survive on a mass amount of players spreading the games name by word of mouth and only seem to want to cater to the few with a huge paycheck they get every week from some great job they have. I do not want to see this game suffer over fixes that could help you as developers grow and financially fund this games life.