Ancient Killers

Maintenance is over! The Hunt continues!
  • I think it goes against the story line of the game. In the story, we are supposed to partner with them to defeat the Shax. I think the killer should get some type of debuff like reduced DPS 50% and reduced armor 50% for the next 4 hours when it happens. Yes it can happen by accident, but I don't think that type of debuff would be too harsh. It has a time limit. Then people would be more careful. The ones that do it on purpose might be less inclined, especially if they want to do some pvp later.

zios_coloured_small_by_dalekfell-dc7rj5o.png  

Main Toon: Nyteshade - Ranger Lvl 91 . I have a hard time seeing chat. Please don't be offended if I don't respond. Dragon's Prophet: Nyteshayde Ranger Lvl 102

• Well, same here: If it happens by accident, really no problem for me. It already happened to me as well. But if someone does it just 'cause of boredom... (kidding)

Something like a "curse" would be nice, indeed, but I guess that will change nothing. Those people having fun killing ancients (just because they can), will go on killing them, with or without a debuff.

Und ich sah in seine wilden Augen, er lud mich ein mit ihm zu gehen.
    Auf seinen Schwingen fühlt' ich alles Leben, die Zeit wich dem Moment - wie alles flehen.

[GUIDE] Das Housing in Savage Hunt

• I used to have a big giant essay written up for how I felt about ancient killers, being the victim of it like most people, especially during the Chinese New Year event. I'll be leaving names out but one year there was an entire guild who "claimed" an entire zone and killed any dragons that other people tagged, while taking any others for themselves. But honestly I'm not sure if it matters so much anymore. You'd think that it should matter even more actually, as a smaller playerbase puts the killers into an even bigger spotlight when they commit these acts - but I guess with less people around for killing ancients to actually affect, its hard to be angry about it anymore because who is it really hurting? (I mean it definitely still matters during events where the aim is to catch limited dragons, such as the Chinese New Year event - but with basic ancients, meh.) I'm writing this in shock of myself because I used to be essentially a "Dragon SJW" and would get into heated arguments with people who thought it was okay to kill a dragon to the point of blacklisting. But now, my opinion is... jaded.

I mean, it's rude. And it shouldn't be allowed, and why that was even allowed to be a feature is 100% beyond me. But I think you'll find that this issue was much more of a problem a couple years ago. That doesn't make it okay of course, and there SHOULD be some kind of punishment for killing something that could have went into the loving arms of a player instead, but I doubt any of the game's higher powers/devs will do anything about it now.

As for SH, I can see it being even less of an issue with so many good dragons being available from dungeons.

Dragon's Prophet - Anyademonfang - Level 105 - Officer of Guild Dovahmir - Not currently playing

Savage Hunt - Demonfang - Level 61 (I think) - Not currently playing

Signature%20DP%205_zpsrstoq3rp.jpg

Oh wow guys I really REALLY like DrAgOnS

• I can totally understand it being accidental with 1 dragon but killing the other ancients as well in Atlentia that's just asking for trouble regardless.. even if nobody can take them they should just let the dragons be...

• At the risk of sounding like mean, I really don't see the issue with killing ancients. If no one has turned up to claim it, then it's fair game. They provide a little bit of exp and they're quite a lot of fun to battle since they have such strong attacks. Obviously, if someone has turned up to try and catch the dragon then I wouldn't try and kill it, but if it's just me and the dragon I'll probably kill it for the exp if I don't need to add it to my collection.

On the other hand, the rude people who kill the Eastern dragon that you and your guild have been camping for 6 hours really get on my nerves. The whole 'if I can't have it no one can' attitude is not one that helps the game feel friendly and welcoming :/ To each their own I guess, there's not much you can do but be salty.

• In NA you could report a player for killing an ancient if you were trying for it. They would check the logs and ban the killer for a day or two.

Main Toon: Nyteshade - Ranger Lvl 91 . I have a hard time seeing chat. Please don't be offended if I don't respond. Dragon's Prophet: Nyteshayde Ranger Lvl 102

• I also agree with Darktigress: according to the story line we Osira are relatives to the dragons and shouldn't kill those noble beasts. IMHO a curse/debuff like Darktigress mentioned would be a good idea. Would make easy to revenge those murder by loyal Osira in the PvP. 8o

Greetz Dreka ;)

• I mean, we wanted to take the game in a more story-heavy direction, then having a curse or debuff for killing off ancient dragons - even accidentally - would be a really fun idea. Currently since there's no repercussion for killing ancients they're just kinda 'there', a pile of wandering XP x'D

Thus you give me a funny idea: what about "negative XP" for killing an ancient? 8o

• Thus you give me a funny idea: what about "negative XP" for killing an ancient? 8o

OOOOOH I like that idea! I am not sure they are able to do that easily though without creating alot of bugs. But maybe they can. Would be AWESOME. :P

De-buffs with timers already exist in the game. They just plug in the numbers and circumstances. The publisher puts in the words and poof, it could be in the next patch. 8o

• How could an accident be different? How could the AI tell if it's an accident or not? I vote in favor of the debuff/loss of exp for killing an ancient. (Says the one who killed poor derp flem -cries- I didn't know I would one shot it with a Crit at the life he had left ok?! Q.Q)

• There's one problem with the exp idea though - a majority of dragon killers usually resort to killing dragons because they're ALREADY max level and bored with the game. The exp debuff would have literally no effect on one of the worst demographics of this offence.

That and there's no way for the AI to know if killing a dragon was a mistake, so the punishment administered would need to be something that the AI could inflict effortlessly and that would actually affect everyone who kills a dragon.

It could be something like a frozen debuff where you're not allowed to attack ANYTHING - no farming, no being an idiot, no nothing - for an allotted amount of time. AND it's one of those debuffs that doesn't run down when you go offline so you're forced to stay online and serve your punishment.

Dragon's Prophet - Anyademonfang - Level 105 - Officer of Guild Dovahmir - Not currently playing

Savage Hunt - Demonfang - Level 61 (I think) - Not currently playing

Signature%20DP%205_zpsrstoq3rp.jpg

Oh wow guys I really REALLY like DrAgOnS

• I agree that any kill of an ancient should entail consequences, no matter it was by accident or wilfully. Killing an ancient means "bad karma". 8o

As it is probably easier to be implemented, I favor something like a curse (e.g. debuff: dmg -50%, armor -50%) that lasts for some hours of playing time (like the debuff preventing one from taking part in the territory war after switching to another guild). There could also be a cooldown like that: killing an ancient gives you 1 hour of curse and a cooldown of 1 day. If you kill another ancient during the cd time you get 2 hours of curse and a cd of 2 days and so on...