Egg Circle

Osirans, can't login? Please report here with your Character Name & Game (DP, SH, or both): https://bit.ly/2lVWv2q
  • By the way... I think most of the people there in the egg cave saved a transport in their book day one so we could get there easily. A lot of us love using transports, and find them handy for getting around. Nice of you to post info to help others though. The pictures are a nice touch also. Thanks! :)

• Why must the Egg Circle be on B19 ?

Anyways its not the best Idea to put the Egg Circle at a PvP Enabled Zone (Which was already vote out..)

I think everyone can agree that it isn't the best idea, but it's also the only one that comes close to pleasing everyone involved. And why it has to be B19 has actually been explained several times over the past couple of months. There's no reason for anyone who's even peripherally following the discussion to be asking at this point; refusing to accept the suitability of B19 doesn't stop the facts from being the facts.

Still no reason to place the Cave at the entrance of the Isle, where the Main PvP Area is.

So PvP players squeaked by (it wasn't much of a margin when I voted) with a vote to keep an entire island for PvP-only use, with the implication being that they must have all that space to fully enjoy their PvP. Okay, fine—a win is a win. But now the new complaint is that PvP occurs right at the front of the island, so there can't even be a cave that doesn't affect the original layout of the island and is extremely easy to stay away from? What's the issue with using every other part of the island except that one small area? "The main PvP area" is a choice, not a necessity.

I get that "there was a vote and the PvPers won but this egg cave is disrespecting that" and so on and so on, but what's done is done and the only options are to work with it, rage-quit, or be cruel to other players and end up banned. And the fact is, PvPers still have literally the entirety of the pre-egg cave B19 to PvP in. They have lost nothing whatsoever with the addition of the egg cave. They are complaining for the sake of complaining.

Just waiting until some Players will have more FPS Problems.

Well there were big PvP Fights going on there, and nobody with a normal PC Hardware (Not 10 Years old PC's :S) ever had

problems there !

The Dragon Egg Cave can stay at the End of B19, but not at the beginning.

So, then, the mentioned FPS issue is a totally imaginary problem that was tried for the sympathy angle? If people like to PvP that much, they're going to make sure they have rigs that get the best possible FPS, and even if they're casual PvPers they should be just fine on a typical day of PvPing. Apparently. That's what I'm reading here.

For the sake of discussion, however, if the egg cave were at the back of the island (or anywhere other than at the front) and a PvP fight coincidentally went over there and there were suddenly an FPS problem, I'm sure the PvPers would simply move away from it. That solution is 100% applicable in regards to where the egg cave is currently. Trying to dictate where it's okay for the egg cave to be positioned based on some arbitrary factor is disingenuous.

Like if the Dragon Collector doesnt can use theyre Dragon to reach the Egg Circle. :w

That goes both ways. I wager that the vast majority of PvPers have been playing long enough that they've spent the time and effort to have at least one worked-on/maxed-out "travel dragon"—e.g., swiftfoot or mythical—and can use that to get beyond the cave much faster than some egg carers could get across the whole length of the island to reach a cave in the back. In that way they can avoid any FPS problems in a very short amount of time. Problem solved.

Anecdotally, I've interacted with low-level/new players (granted, this was mostly in the past) who don't even know that they can increase their dragons' levels the way they can their own; even if they do, they've never understood/can't afford/don't have time or space for egg farming and hatching. In that situation, it takes a lot of time to level a dragon compared to a player.

Asking carers to go all the way to the back of the island when PvPers can go half the distance or less to get what they need is placing a pointless burden on the carers that will discourage use of the egg cave and end in its abandonment/removal. Which seems to be the point of the suggestion of moving it that far.

So when i just login after days/months of playing some other Games, then it also can happen than i missclick a button and toggle my Quickequipset, and then, well ban..

I agree that this is a signficant problem—even as a normally solo player I've done this sort of thing when I switch from playing one game for a while to playing another game. But on the housing islands there's a largely seamless PvE-PvP-PvE transition when you enter and leave a Napolite mine (I get particularly garbage FPS in the Islands for some reason, so sometimes I encounter delays during the switch).

Implementing a PvP-PvE-PvP for just the egg cave seems like a reasonable solution for this—the protection from the portal would get carers to the cave in adequate time, so no need for no-PvP outside the cave, and any dragon can sprint long enough to get to the safety of the portal from the cave.

And when you like to use this Egg Cave / Circle you just can use some of your Dragons and fly to there (End of the Map).

The 30seconds Protection Buff is way enough to mount on your Dragon and fly away.

Even when you use a lv 1 Dragon it wouldnt be that hard or "timewaste" to reach the Cave.

Time is relevant because using a level-one dragon to get from end to end in either direction requires PvPers to not be petty or trollish while someone is traveling; we've already seen that they can't/won't even stay out of a non-PvP cave that has nothing to do with them, so there's no reason they wouldn't attack (accidentally or not) a carer in an open PvP area.

It's also not a matter of egg carers announcing themselves; if they didn't they would be mistaken for a PvPer and killed, and if they did it's been shown that they would be guaranteed to be targeted and killed for laughs.

Putting the egg cave at the far end of the island is the best way to make it unusable, which I'm sure for some PvPers would be worth the effort to lurk and attack even when asked not to. The entire problem here is with the PvPers' proven behavior, not the presence of the egg cave and carers.

I dont think that everyone looks in the forum.

Especially some Players who play this game only few days with months breaks between..

There is a very nice feature called "Transportation Book". Maybe you have heared of it.

Little Sidenote: Every Player can use atleast 1 free Transport (with Vip 1) !

If not, there are many ways to get Transportationrunes.

This is a nice idea in theory, but actually requires the use of two transports to completely avoid the risk of slaughter—one to get in, one to get out. For players with a high VIP status and/or who don't typically use the book (like me) this probably isn't an issue, but for those who want or need to conserve their resources it is.

And unless someone is going to spend all their time in-game standing by the portal asking why the people are there and whether they know how to use the transport book so as to not have to use the portal in the future, there's little point in discussing its usefulness; if PvPers can't be expected to visit the forums and make themselves aware that the egg cave is non-PvP, then egg carers can't be expected to visit the forums to make themselves aware of the transport book and how it's used.

Also, please define "many ways to get" the runes. The only reason I have as many as I do is because I get them as VIP gifts and pretty much never use them. Off the top of my head I can't think of the price(s) of the ones in the marketplace; if you have to use diamonds and can't get them with dragon insignias then that's an unreasonable proposal, and if you can then one would need to be able to purchase up to two per day to make the effort feasible without risking being killed by PvPers (if the egg cave were moved to the back of the island).

TL;DR: The proposed solution of moving the egg cave to the back of the island so the PvPers can have the front (instead of the current noninvasive-except-by-perception setup) comes with an overarching issue of discouraging carers from visiting the cave by making it unnecessarily difficult for all players—but especially low-level players—to get to the egg cave. That affects the usefulness of the cave, which—if barricaded by bitter PvPers—would ultimately lead to the forced abandonment/removal of the cave, and by extension the level of casual PvE-player interest in the overall game, which in turn affects the game's longevity.

There is literally nothing stopping PvPers from doing on B19 what they've always done, in the same size and design of space they've always done it. Asking them to keep their activities outside the egg cave and not PvP inside it is by far no unconscionable hardship—just a minor and irrelevant inconvenience, and certainly so compared to making a gantlet of the path to an egg cave located at the back of the island.

• Anyways i killed yesterday 5 People outside of the Cave.

Now i have my 24/7 PvP on B19, doesnt matter which level.

So when there are complaints about the free Transportbook, or somebody will tell me thats the reason why the Cave must be at the beginning..

Then get ready to be farmed. 8o

Quite funny that people are writing pages of text and did not know this Game 100% and use all of its features.

When they are trying to ignore the facts...

And nobody needs to have a maxed out swiftfooth dragon. Just use your bird or someone else, they can FLY ! (yes you can fly with it, if you didnt know that too).

To save the free Transport for the Egg Circle isnt that hard. And i dont have to tell you how you get the Transportrunes.

• In other words, what I said was correct—moving the egg cave to the back is just as dangerous for carers as leaving it in the front, because they are targets for longer if they're made to go to the back. Petty PvPers will kill them repeatedly until they give up, and in doing so 'get revenge' for something that isn't hurting them in the slightest. Thanks for confirming that the problem lies with PvPers.

What I know about the game is irrelevant—I can go where I need to go when I need to go there. Others can't or don't know how, and we should be accommodating those people if we want to extend the game's lifespan rather than driving them away.

Flight speed is limited on low-level dragons. It makes them targets. And no dragon can possibly sprint the entire way to the back of the island unless they're a higher level and already moving quickly, hence my suggestion of ground-based dragons. All dragons can be slaughtered out from under a player (in case you didn't know that), leaving that person at the apparently nonexistent mercy of PvPers.

Funny that you'd claim to have lost interest in this game, yet are apparently willing to spend a lot of time hunting fellow players for no valid reason.

• Funny that you'd claim to have lost interest in this game, yet are apparently willing to spend a lot of time hunting fellow players for no valid reason.

Its like new content for me, so thanks.

And why do you still complain about using the dragon to reach the egg cave ?

Like i wrote, just use the Transportbook. nvm..

• The egg circle got a new "feature". We want that you can leave the cave in safety - so we added a Quezak Gate. Now you can leave the cave without getting attacked.

This is just a solution for right now - we're still looking for a better one. But a fast solution was more important than a perfect one.

• The egg circle got a new "feature". We want that you can leave the cave in safety - so we added a Quezak Gate. Now you can leave the cave without getting attacked.

This is just a solution for right now - we're still looking for a better one. But a fast solution was more important than a perfect one.

Everyone keeps forgetting that this is temporary. We need to hatch eggs but there is no home for it....yet.

Share the space, its not hurting anyone's game.

The Teleportbook is working inside the Cave.

Just not on the Egg Circle Plattform itself.

And yes, I knew about the teleport book but I do not have the time to farm the runes and I only get 2 free ports per day. I need those to get my dalies done and then get back to leveling. Like Regole said it took two to do it.

Now we have gates. :thumbup:

Thank you for the gates Catarix those will help alot!

zios_coloured_small_by_dalekfell-dc7rj5o.png  

Main Toon: Nyteshade - Ranger Lvl 91 . I have a hard time seeing chat. Please don't be offended if I don't respond. Dragon's Prophet: Nyteshayde Ranger Lvl 102; Savage Hunt : Joetheviking Oracle lvl 92

• Hey not all PvPler are very badass Boys :) Don´t say all are idiots or retarded give it lots of friendly PvPler for ask duels or safe your egg circle ;) .

So pls be nice to other guys and dont say from the beginning, they are all badass retarded Player thank you very much . :)

and sorry i know that my english sucks but i want say this.

Have a nice day :)

• deleted

You're 100% right—I'm simply speaking collectively for the sake of simplicity and should have conveyed as much. That said, I do apologize to you, massakerianer, and all other like-minded PvPers for lumping you into the same group as those who would happily squander their time being rude and cruel to others.

I fully believe that the vast majority of PvPers—even if they don't like the current situation—wouldn't bother carers or egg holders; many of them probably are or have been holding or caring for eggs themselves and wouldn't want to be treated that way, but even if not they also probably wouldn't do it just because a fair mind would see no challenge or joy in the harassment or slaughter of someone who doesn't stand a chance for one reason or another.

For all you fair-minded PvPers, may the odds be ever in your favor. (partyparrot)

• I was one of the people killed outside the cave the other day as I left and ran to the path of elders. If they will recall - after I was killed - I laughed about it because it was silly of me to 'run' when I could have departed the safety of the cave so many other ways. ^^ I really don't recall flaming you though, although I was pretty adamant about standing with an egg in spite of being attacked a few times the first day or two by random people. If I said anything that provoked you into killing me then I must apologize. I'm happy to see things have calmed down though.

I have no problems with people who like to pvp. Many of my friends enjoy it. I'm not very good at it (nor am I equipped for it) but that doesn't mean I don't expect others to enjoy DP and play the game in their own way. As long as we remember that there are real people with real lives and real feelings or problems behind these beautiful and handsome toons.

Thank you again to Catarix and the GM's for coming up with a (temporary) solution for the egg circle cares. I am also pleased at how the community has come together to stop by and care the eggs being held. :):thumbup:

• Hey everybody

Stay on topic, stay friendly.

We can totally understand that some ppl are not happy about the cave on the PvP island - it’s not the best solution - but it’s a solution for right now.

The beginning was hard with a few players who killed the others inside - this stopped (just some accidents).

If you don’t want to get killed while leaving the cave: use the quezak gate. Players who kill you outside of the cave don’t break the rules. It’s still a PvP Island and we don’t want to „steal“ more of their territory.

And guys: you don’t create a better mood when you Name shame the players in the forum. When we see this again ... yeah you know what happens. Even if someone broke a rule: you’re not allowed to post it in the forum. SPECIFICALLY when they didn’t broke a rule!!

With this words : we deleted some comments.

• This whole ordeal reminds me of a line from a song named "Garden Party". "Well you Cant please everyone , so you Got to please yourself! " The GMs/CMs should just come up with a solution that they think works best for everyone and we either accept it or Find another Game to play. The Killing of others and Complaining on Forum will Ultimately get you NOWHERE Fast. Peace8o

• B19 = Egg Cave....please take a few minutes out of your time to care for the eggs on this isle. (PvP is prohibited inside the cave) While it is enabled, all pvp activity in the cave is ban worthy. Recommend that weapons are removed before caring for the eggs.

Guild: Defiant (Leader), Lvl: 105, Class: Oracle (before it was popular), Alliance: Avalon

Signature_zpsyfe9ivll.png

• bonjour

j'ai encore une fois perdu mon œuf ras le bol j'ai screen mais voilà l'envoyer et que l'on me réponde il ne la pas fait exprès ...... ( 3 coups donnés) je ne suis pas morte , mais cela suffit a enlever l’œuf que je tenais perte de temps donc a quoi bon de continuer a couver si c'est pour foirer son œuf et cela malgres le fait qu'il est très fortement conseillé d'enlever son arme .

• il ne la pas fait exprès ...... ( 3 coups donnés) je ne suis pas morte ,

Si tu penses qu'il l'a fait exprès malgré tout, envoie juste les screens.

Quoi qu'il arrive, aussi imparfait que le cercle des oeufs soit pour le moment et pour des raisons qui m'ont l'air techniques, le cercles des oeufs en B19 reste le mieux que le serveur FR puisse avoir : que tous les serveurs puissent avoir.

Sur B19 tous les oeufs ont une chances élevées d'arriver à termes. Sur le FR ? 10%

Have a good game all

Commandant de Noname, Chef RH de Nofound - Oracle & Ranger

* * ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ Dungeon's Robin ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~* *

May the Flyng Spaghetti Monster Morgath bless Auratia

• exprès ou pas le résultat est le même tu ne couve plus ton œuf !!! donc faut sévir tu arrive tu enlève ton arme plus aucun soucis tu t’entête a la garder risque de ban si tu touche quelqu'un !! c'est pas + difficile que cela car le problème c'est pas le faite d’être tué mais bien de perdre son œuf en étant afk .

• Yavait le même problème à Atashian en serveur FR (les autres je ne sais pas si ça s'est fait), où des petits malins s'amusaient à aller chercher des graines de plantes du Noyau pour les faire pop au niveau des joueurs afk à Atashian.
    Les problèmes de depop d’œuf sont là et le seront toujours tant que les mentalités n’évolueront pas. De ce fait, nous devons malheureusement faire avec.

Bien cordialement

Et bon jeu :)