Egg Circle

• Removing your weapon before starting cares here is recommended since it will avoid hitting people.

Guild: Defiant (Leader), Lvl: 105, Class: Oracle (before it was popular), Alliance: Avalon

Signature_zpsyfe9ivll.png

• We just had a visitor to the egg circle area who thought it was fun to have their dragon cast Mighty Impact on the group. This does not cause us to drop our eggs. However it does put the pvp buff on us, and knocks us all toward the center - which is quite annoying. Since we did not actually take damage, and did not drop our eggs, i did not send screenshots to the GM's.

I was just wondering if the circus was in town or something....... ;)

• We just had a visitor to the egg circle area who thought it was fun to have their dragon cast Mighty Impact on the group. This does not cause us to drop our eggs. However it does put the pvp buff on us, and knocks us all toward the center - which is quite annoying. Since we did not actually take damage, and did not drop our eggs, i did not send screenshots to the GM's.

I was just wondering if the circus was in town or something....... ;)

Mind Impact not Mighty....different skills.

egg circle on Jorbyn had 7 players this morning, cross server egg circle currently has 12

but cross server egg circle has nobody walking past on way to transports - so I'll need it to get popular fast

We have traffic coming up here. It was very very busy earlier. (picture doesn't show those sat on the ground and outside the door.)

Guild: Defiant (Leader), Lvl: 105, Class: Oracle (before it was popular), Alliance: Avalon

• *name* and *name* killed entire egg circle using Irresistable Force and possibly some glitch or other

population is now 6, with no passing players giving cares

apparently this new area wasn't playtested - so here are two bugs: 1. players here can still be killed, 2. the population is not remotely high enough to give each egg the 32? daily cares needed - and it probably never will be high enough when these players who lose our eggs in this initial test give up and go back to our own servers

Answers:

1/ We know its still pvp enabled but there are strict rules that mean temp ban then perm bans for people who attack or kill on purpose.

2/ I get more cares here than i did at laedis, granted this is still day one. Also its the first day, they asked for input to help with this so solutions will help. (personally i say disable pvp cause clearly it isn't used properly here and the latest comment of not accepting an egg circle on a pvp isle proves some people are bitter and don't care considering one comment..)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vithika ().

• I don't think it's remotely fair to ban paying customers based on a forum post that had only been up 1 day and some world chat comments.

They did not have warning on screen when they entered cave saying "players who do PvP in here will be banned"

This egg circle was not implemented properly, they have said it wasn't tested, and it ignored the PvPers' valid concern about additional lag caused by numerous afk players added to isle. Perhaps putting it behind cave was sufficient if 3d card doesn't have to draw those items but they should have been informed and consulted.

I think a message on screen to say pvp inside the egg circle cave is forbidden is plenty of notice since it reappeared regularly. I don't understand the disgruntled players who have come by to show their displeasure by attacking the egg circle there. Was that the best way they could think of to show their disapproval? Wouldn't it have been better to come forth as a part of the community and voice their concerns in a legitimate way instead of showing that they can act like thugs? I'm sorry, but not much sympathy for the few who went about it that way. All they've done is show they don't give a flying flip about anyone else, and that they are capable of throwing tantrums.

I'll still be holding my egg this week. It may be in Arteicia channel 1, in the old spot near the dragon knight, or it may be on B19... I'll be somewhere and I have a lot of megas to advertise. We egg holders will still be appreciative and grateful for any cares.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kidira: fixed grammar :-) ().

• I don't think it's remotely fair to ban paying customers based on a forum post that had only been up 1 day and some world chat comments.

They did not have warning on screen when they entered cave saying "players who do PvP in here will be banned"

This egg circle was not implemented properly, they have said it wasn't tested, and it ignored the PvPers' valid concern about additional lag caused by numerous afk players added to the isle. Perhaps putting it behind cave was sufficient if 3d card doesn't have to draw those items but they should have been informed and consulted.

I agree 100%.

When there are lower players (like Lv. 30), and while caring somebody accidently hit the wrong button and use a Skill or just Right Click, then the Player will die and the carer/provider will recieve a ban. rofl

I know they say its a PvP forbidden Area, but when theres no protection for the players of accidently hiting the wrong button, then...

This "Egg Circle Cave" looks not that bad, but why just putting it exactly at the beginning where the main PvP Fighting Area is ?

Just waiting until some Players will have more FPS Problems.

So we decided to do a survey: you can decide if you want a PvP map or a cross-server egg circle.

Well, like the Survey Result doesnt count.

Why must the Egg Circle be on B19 ?

Anyways its not the best Idea to put the Egg Circle at a PvP Enabled Zone (Which was already vote out..)

• I reckon the only way this can be resolved on B19 is if pvp can be disabled in the cave and maybe within a fenced off area to the cave. If this isn't possible then not sure if there's a solution.

OR, as been suggested in the past can a cross server lair be placed on another island that wars are disabled on???

I know you GM's are trying hard to please everyone so good luck with this problem. ;)

• I'll be holding my egg somewhere and hope it does well, and as I said - we egg holders are still appreciative of any cares.

I expressed my disappointment in the actions of very few, and I believe they were acting out against the wrong people. There are other ways to affect change or let your opinions be known.

I haven't held an egg for many, many months because the egg circle action was slowing down. I've been playing on EU since the old NA closed down in Nov. 2015, so it's not like I come and go from this game. I've watched the ebb and flow in the egg circle population over the past 2+ years.

When I saw the egg circle being revived and revitalized, I had new hope. I re-egged two dragons, (one last week, which I maxed) and my skytouched for which I am currently trying to receive cares. So whatever is decided, I will hope for the best but I'm sure someone, somewhere, will not be happy with the outcome.

• Hey everyone.

1. No it's not possible to apply a safe buff for everybody in the cave. We're not the developers.
    2. No it's not possible to use another Island or to copy B19 to another Island. We're not the developers.
    3. No we can't use another Island.
    4. There are enough chances for players to get informed about the rules. An ingame Pop Up all 2 hours, the forum announcement AND i saw it with my own eyes - the players in the egg circle will tell you in the moment you enter the cave.
    5. The cave is directly at the entrance because there're enough players who would think it's funny to kill them on the way to the cave. Now they have the chance to go in there with a save buff even when they have a long loading screen.

To everybody who participated in the egg circle:

We know the first days will be hard - but we all have to work together. You have to go back in there and stay there with your eggs - your community have to go there to take care of the eggs. (Btw: we will make it easier soon - the portal in artecia will come back with the maintenance.)

And it's our job to kick some asses when someone don't want to follow the rules.(I really wrote that, did i? \o/) We don't joke about this rule - if someone attacks or kills the egg circle: this person gets banned for a while. There always will be a person who thinks it's funny to do that stuff but ... trust me - he only can do it a max. of 4 times. Then he won't come back.

The island is large enough - you don't have to do the PvP directly at the entrance of the island. You don't have to do PvP IN the cave.

• It's because B19 is the only Island (execpt when PvP war are open) where all people can meat each other, right ?

Then, that's logical that only B19 is used to egg circle ^^

To evict killing people, players just have to tidy up their weapon, then, even though there is a miss click, no skill will be lunch :)

And for players using their dragons to attack other players, maybe forbid the dragon use ?

• Still no reason to place the Cave at the entrance of the Isle, where the Main PvP Area is.

Well, putting the Weapon away will not help everytime.

Not everyone is playing just Dragons Prophet all time long.

So when i just login after days/months of playing some other Games, then it also can happen than i missclick a button and toggle my Quickequipset, and then, well ban..

The Dragon Egg Cave can stay at the End of B19, but not at the beginning.

Like if the Dragon Collector doesnt can use theyre Dragon to reach the Egg Circle. :w

• one GM being urged by the leader of the largest guild.

Meant to comment earlier but if that was at me i didn't ask for an egg circle on b19 after the vote. I asked for a cross server solution.

• The Cave is at the beginning because when you step off the gate you have a save buff for a few seconds. That way the players entering the cave have those few seconds to get in the cave without being killed. It makes total sense to have it at the beginning. Otherwise anyone heading to the cave to give cares can be killed because they are not in the cave. That's just the first reason.

The second reason would be that it makes it easier for people coming to care for eggs that they don't need to spend 10 minutes just traveling to and from the cave to get across the island. Some players, like myself, have limited time to play. On some days we often fit what we can into a few minutes here and there while we take care of family and chores. In 10 minutes I could have all my dailies done and maybe get some egg petting in. But not If I have to fly my dragon for 5 minutes one way and possibly getting killed and sent back to the beginning.

The third reason is the area is already not ideal for pvp if you think about it. The gate is there and it is running its scripts and program to be ready to send players here and there. Your computer will be computing that in the background, along with the moving parts of the gate, and the scripts that make those parts move. The further you get from the gate the less priority those scripts will have for your computer until they finally don't affect you at all.

zios_coloured_small_by_dalekfell-dc7rj5o.png  

Main Toon: Nyteshade - Ranger Lvl 91 . I have a hard time seeing chat. Please don't be offended if I don't respond. Dragon's Prophet: Nyteshayde Ranger Lvl 102; Savage Hunt : Joetheviking Oracle lvl 92

• I want to say a huge THANK YOU to the Admin Team for trying to help out with the egg circle. I know this puts more work on you guys. <3<3<3

The pvp people need to remember this is temporary till a better fix is found/made. They have already said this is not permanent.

I knew there would be a few bumps till things got sorted out with the new cave so I am waiting to start my own re-egging journey. I do/and will visit to give cares till then. Egg people just hang in there! They need to learn to share for this time till we get something better.

zios_coloured_small_by_dalekfell-dc7rj5o.png  

Main Toon: Nyteshade - Ranger Lvl 91 . I have a hard time seeing chat. Please don't be offended if I don't respond. Dragon's Prophet: Nyteshayde Ranger Lvl 102; Savage Hunt : Joetheviking Oracle lvl 92

• The Cave is at the beginning because when you step off the gate you have a save buff for a few seconds. That way the players entering the cave have those few seconds to get in the cave without being killed. It makes total sense to have it at the beginning. Otherwise anyone heading to the cave to give cares can be killed because they are not in the cave. That's just the first reason.

The second reason would be that it makes it easier for people coming to care for eggs that they don't need to spend 10 minutes just traveling to and from the cave to get across the island. Some players, like myself, have limited time to play. On some days we often fit what we can into a few minutes here and there while we take care of family and chores. In 10 minutes I could have all my dailies done and maybe get some egg petting in. But not If I have to fly my dragon for 5 minutes one way and possibly getting killed and sent back to the beginning.

The third reason is the area is already not ideal for pvp if you think about it. The gate is there and it is running its scripts and program to be ready to send players here and there. Your computer will be computing that in the background, along with the moving parts of the gate, and the scripts that make those parts move. The further you get from the gate the less priority those scripts will have for your computer until they finally don't affect you at all.

Well where should i start.. =O

1. It does not take 10 minutes to just travel to the Egg Circle and fly to the Cave (if it would stay at the End of the Map - B19)

Even when you use a lv 1 Dragon it wouldnt be that hard or "timewaste" to reach the Cave.

The most time you maybe have to spent, is to care all the eggs. But thats your Problem.

And when you like to use this Egg Cave / Circle you just can use some of your Dragons and fly to there (End of the Map).

The 30seconds Protection Buff is way enough to mount on your Dragon and fly away.

And when you have a really bad Computer you can just wait on the Gate, then you get another 30seconds buff.

2. There is a very nice feature called "Transportation Book". Maybe you have heared of it.

If not, heres a little guide...

Press 'T' on your Keyboard and set up a new Transportation Position in Front of the Egg Cave/Circle.

Little Sidenote: Every Player can use atleast 1 free Transport (with Vip 1) !

If not, there are many ways to get Transportationrunes.

3. The last point does not really make sense.

You are maybe the first Person who claims that this Area isnt ideal for PvP.

Well there were big PvP Fights going on there, and nobody with a normal PC Hardware (Not 10 Years old PC's :S) ever had

problems there ! There are a bunch Youtube Videos where you can check this.

This Gate will run Scripts and Programs continually ?

Not that anybody did recognized this as a FPS Drop yet.

The Scripts just run when somebody travels trough the Gate, and its not measureable..