Translation Errors

• Translation Errors

Hey everybody,

we have recieved a few reports about translation errors since launch, like typos, wrong descriptions or descriptions that don't make sense.

We'd like to collect all those translation errors here, if you see one: Take a screenshot, post it here! If we can fix it, we will do it as fast as possible!

Best Regards,

Catarix

• This will take up too much space for screen shots. Almost all descriptions of weapon skills and dragon god skills are made so incomprehensibly that the first time they are received you have to study them all to understand what each of them does and how. The same applies to the skills of dragons, the same skill in different families has different application distances and cast time.

In addition, it is absolutely unclear how much this or that bonus increases with increasing skill level. Most of the descriptions of passive skills are done just like this. As an example, the evolutionary skill on ironhide dragons which increases health by a percentage plus the flat amount also reflects the damage for 10 seconds, but the description says "+ 90.3% damage is reflected". This means that all damage taken plus 90.3% is reflected as additional damage from the skill or only 90.3% of the damage taken?

It is necessary to correct a huge amount of descriptions of skills and their varieties when it comes to character skills, and also more fully describe the skills of dragons indicating the percentage of increase with increasing skill level and indicate the percentage values and sources that affect damage / healing from skills.

• I know i got totally lost and started chatting to all about something like this recently.. maybe it was Midgardsorm that replied and chatted with me I forget! (shrug)

As Midgardsorm says and especially the dragon evolution abilities

ie.

Fabled Dragon evolution: Dragon Spell Enchantment "After the dragon has learned Stike" is not Strike the term used to describe all dragon's physical attack? In comparison to various other dragon evolution abilities. ?(

Razorspine Dragon evolution: Surprise Attack "When dragon unleashes Strike or Sweeping Attack" is Sweeping Attack not the same thing as Strike as assumed above? ?(

Half the evolution skills read:
    "After the dragon has learned [Battle Skill name] and casts [Battle Skill name]"
    vs. the other half: "When the dragon casts/triggers [Battle Skill name] after it has learned [Battle Skill name]"
    How about scratch all that and uniformly say "If Dragon also has [Battle Skill name] skill, then [Battle Skill name] skill does [XYZ]"
    and "If Dragon also has both [Battle Skill name] and [Battle Skill name] skill, then [Battle Skill name] skill does [XYZ]" in the case of Paragon Dragon evolution: Soul Transformation ??? ?( I assumed that one needs both skills there (tableflip) and in Dunestalker and Ancient families there are two needed too.
    note: my use of bold and enlarged text for skill since in the game the battle skill's notated are merely bold yellow same as the word Strike and Sweeping Attack which aren't Battle Skills?, but rather the dragons innate attack? Might actually even spell out "Battle Skill" then just "Skill" in the descriptions...How are players going to know what that is unless they happen to have come across it in catching a dragon already, I know I have played consistently for months and months and I certainly am unsure if I have seen them all or not, or maybe I have, but it was the same graphic as another and didnt notice :/?(;((wat)

• Fabled Dragon evolution: Dragon Spell Enchantment "After the dragon has learned Stike" is not Strike the term used to describe all dragon's physical attack? In comparison to various other dragon evolution abilities.

Razorspine Dragon evolution: Surprise Attack "When dragon unleashes Strike or Sweeping Attack" is Sweeping Attack not the same thing as Strike as assumed above?

"Strike" is the standard attack of any kind of Dragon, Fabled for example attack with their claws and birds with their wings (Doesn't matter if Phy or Mag-Dmg). The Sweeping attack is also a skill every Dragon has, but it's the one, where the Dragons turns himself to attack with his tail and knock the enemy back.

So, no they're not the same skills, but still translation is a bit poor, since the Dragon cannot actually "learn" these attacks, but already got them as soon as he's tamed.

• Hi, i play the french version and i'm so bad to see the new name of one of my favorites dragon : Serre du crépuscule, now called Dusktalon, that sounds so bad to my ears :(

Plus Dusktalon just have no sense in french, contrary to Serre du crépuscule that is also poetic :)

Same problem with Océan crépusculaire now called Rossingol,

moreover the French names accord better with those of the other dragons of the same category like Lune de givre...

So please give us Serre du crépuscule and Océan crépusculaire back !

Thank you, have fun :)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Hazull ().

• Hazull Dusktalon veut dire serre du crépuscule. Mais c'est bien une erreur que le nom soit en anglais. Pour Rossignol par contre, ça n'en est pas une. Ce dragon là a changé de nom. Océan Crépusculaire/ Twilight Ocean --> Rossignol/Nightingale

• Ok merci pour ces éclaircissements, j'avais oublié Sombreur :)

Il y a bien deux fautes finalement, même si les noms sont correct, reste qu'ils sont mal orthographiés, donc :

-Rossingol est les nom que l'on peut lire in game alors qu'il devrait être Rossignol.

-Dusktalon est le nom que l'on peut voir in game alors qu'il devrait être traduit en français, soit Serre du crépuscule.

N'empêche que Océan crépusculaire sonne mieux que le nom d'un piaff, même s'il chante très bien :p

Mais si on peut avoir la traduction de Dusktalon ce sera déjà ça :)

Happy Hunting !

• Welp gg la dyslexie hein? Sinon ouais ça serait peut être mieux d'avoir des noms français dans la version française (bien que j'aie toujours joué en anglais haha)