New Secret Apartments

• Okay i see some very cool newer version of the secret apartment that does cost a bit more.

Now my question is: If i want to preorder the apartment now will i lose my big house i just saved up for?? Or can i own a house AND apartment?

The house was really expensive and is used for guild purposes atm, it would be horrible to lose it now because of the apartments and if i decide to sell it the apartment tickets will probably gone until then....

Also i dont see those tickets anywhere in the marketplace yet O.o

Halloween_zpsop0tveg0.png

* Sorceress of Skitterness ~ Lvl 90 ~ Alaylia (EN) *

• Hey there,

you can only own either a house or an apartment - not both at the same time. You will, however, keep all your furniture and housing items (the house itself) if you switch from one to the other.

We will whip up an apartment FAQ before they are released :)

• Hey there,

you can only own either a house or an apartment - not both at the same time. You will, however, keep all your furniture and housing items (the house itself) if you switch from one to the other.

We will whip up an apartment FAQ before they are released :)

Okay but that means all the gold for the plot will be lost... and i doubt anyone would want to even buy a houseplot now that apartments are released but incase anyone would be interested:

Its a 300x300 plot on D3, original Price 5.6mil, selling for 3 mil ^^

• Other question: Ildruin you mentioned theres an item for 295 dias that can replace the gold costs? Would you maybe also tell us what the gold cost for an apartment will be so we can think weither we should buy it or not XD

• While we're on the subject of the new Secret Apartment design. I'm curious, will the new layout be purchasable at a later date, or will it only be available during this preorder event?

• While we're on the subject of the new Secret Apartment design. I'm curious, will the new layout be purchasable at a later date, or will it only be available during this preorder event?

They will return at a later date, I have just confirmed this. This is the early bird deal to get in on it as fast as possible ;)

• Misty Shroud blueprints sold out!!!??????? Whaaaat????? We had no prior notice that there would be a limited item going up for sale, and you did maintenance and they sold out while I was at work. I am mad. Thats crap. If I would have known that only 20 were going to be available after maintenance, I would have made sure I was sitting right here at my pc when the server came back up. Now because I have a real job, so that I can spend lots of money in game, I miss out on something really cool. Not happy. I am not waiting a year for them to come out again. Yeah, things like this are what make people walk away..... I sure feel like doing so right at this moment. I better take a break to cool down. Maybe I will be back tomorrow....

• Misty Shroud blueprints sold out!!!??????? Whaaaat????? We had no prior notice that there would be a limited item going up for sale, and you did maintenance and they sold out while I was at work. I am mad. Thats crap. If I would have known that only 20 were going to be available after maintenance, I would have made sure I was sitting right here at my pc when the server came back up. Now because I have a real job, so that I can spend lots of money in game, I miss out on something really cool. Not happy. I am not waiting a year for them to come out again. Yeah, things like this are what make people walk away..... I sure feel like doing so right at this moment. I better take a break to cool down. Maybe I will be back tomorrow....

I mean there was a notice on the thread which was posted 12 hours ago. Which was also quite a few hours before the preorders shouldve gone live. The pre-order should've gone live at 20.00 CET, right now its 22.37 CET, which is a good 2.5 hours after it. So that 12 hours is quite a time before it actually went up.

The thread here: [Preorder] Secret Apartments also stated that its limited by 20. And if we wanna go even further, youre also in my discord which tagged the Savage hunt people with the news.

The appartments will be back too, its not like you missed out the only chance to get them, just gotta do the horrible waiting :(

• 12 hours ago was 5am for me and the rest of us in NA. I got home from work at 4pm, 45 minutes ago. So what I see is EUR players who are wide awake in their daytime, received the information. Then waking and going to work for me, and others not in EUR, means we missed out. So no notice for us, plus the sale happening 2.5 hours ago, while NA players are at work or in school mean we did not know or have the opportunity to participate.

Here is my issue: Yes I know Gamigo is a German company. However they have a German server, a French server, and an English server. People who keep German hours are most likely playing on the German server because they are IN Germany or the surrounding countries. The ENGLISH server has players from all the rest of the countries that do not speak German or French. You have Americans and Brits, and Brazilians, and all crazy places that speak English on this one server. But yet, Gamigo and Ildruin continue to hold in game events, make very important announcements, have special apartment sales all at times that most of the players of this server cannot feasibly be in game to attend. Having GM events at noon or 1pm on a week day in an English server is crazy. The players with no job may be able to be online at that time, but unless they beg their parents for some money, are not the ones spending money on this server. People who WORK or go to school, have no chance to participate in server events or (in this case) grab special limited available items for sale. These are the very people with money to spend on stupid unnecessary stuff in game like red wings which don't even let you fly. (yes that was a dig on myself for spending $35 real money on a set of wings just for decoration). WHY is this server leaving those who can spend, out of all the good stuff???

Honestly I would love to know how many people who were able to grab one of those Misty Shroud apartments live in England or North or South America. I will guarantee you almost every single one is a german or close by player that speaks English. Which will prove that if you aren't EUR you are getting left out of a whole lot of stuff in this game.

***Damn and I was preaching being positive in complaints on forums not too long ago....

• Since too lazy to quote you.. and this is gonna be offend people, I can garantuee this.

Gamigo is a Europe publisher, and I'll keep saying this. That means, besides the language barriers you mentioned, everything will be according to these times. This has never been a secret.

You even mentioned, if you would have known you wouldve been there, so you'd either had to set your alarm or be home (which is quite unlikely, cause 20.00 CET is even on american time not in the morning. That is 2 PM as far as im aware. Which yes, workers and college people will likely miss it. But I'm gonna be repeating this, Gamigo is a EUROPEAN publisher. The whole ''focus'' is on EU according to their work times, and heck, likely even their papers.

Im not gonna say you're wrong, but I will half do it. German speakers go to german server, french speaking ones go to French (which doesnt even mean just french folk, Im quite sure you got canadians there, and English is a mix cause its the language most people speak, itll be the first server non-english will pick cause there is nothing else. This is just cause of prefference.

Why would the english server have their time adjusted to NA people? This is a EU publisher, and while there is no NA publisher and they play with us, its rather hard for them to exactly abondon EU players for their sake.

20.00 cet is what, 2 pm in the afternoon? Its a reasonable time to actually get best for both. If we would wait for NA times, our CM's and EU players would have to stay up well past midnight on weekdays. 19.30 is what, 1 AM?

TL:DR

They CANT do NA stuff. Im quite sure targetting NA players alone would already be risky in paperwork. EU players would miss it, Their work hours dont allow it. They already take hours thats best for their company, and would give both time. There been plenty of places this news been posted.

People who keep German hours are most likely playing on the German server because they are IN Germany or the surrounding countries. The ENGLISH server has players from all the rest of the countries that do not speak German or French.

ALso I had to add this, I mean I very much hope you are infact aware, unlike America...

You know... French and Germany is like... right next to each other, right? I mean outside of 1 country. You can ride there in barely 3 hours... Which makes the argument ''And surrounding countries'' rather invalid.. cause you know, everything in EU is surrounding each other... even the UK??

• I'm sorry you missed out this time, but this was literally a limited PREORDER kinda thing. It will be back.

England is like what, an hour behind CET so I don't consider that a valid argument. You are playing on an European game server. You should expect the forum posts, and ingame events, to be tailored for the European players. And comeon.

The german server is for people that live around Germany? Welp, guess I better go learn me some German then. Same for the French. I'm not quite sure where you get your information on Europe from, but we do in fact have more than one timezone here as well. And a multitude of languages. The English server, I imagine, is mostly made up of players in Europe, whom speak neither German nor French. AND Germans and French players that would rather play on the English server - perhaps the ones tailored to their Language has a low playerbase, or they would like to play with friends from other countries. The servers arent based on your timezone, but on what language you'd like to speak, and see in worldchat, zone chat and in most major Guilds.

Your main issue seem to be lack of information at times that suit your timezone, but I see nothing in the way for you to check the forums in the morning before you head out and do your daily stuff - I mean, I'm European, I'm in the exact same timezone as Germany and I still check the forums in the morning. Sometimes I'll even pop in on my phone during the day just in case.

I also have a question for you: Are you implying they should've set up the LIMITED sale and the events to suit only the American players? Because that is highkey what I'm getting from what you're writing. Or should they hold the sale TWICE, and make it not so Limited? Or lower the amount of the item and put it up 4 times throughout 24 hours?

Not everyone is going to be happy, no matter what they do. They're tailoring the game to where they have most players from, and what times they work themselves. I would not expect any American to stay up at unreasonable times because I can't tailor when I check the forums etc around that fact. I would grit my teeth together, and check that forum in the morning (as I'm already doing)

• Taking a step away from the discourse for a moment, I am HYPED for this, it is absolutely gorgeous and is everything I've ever wanted for housing. I need to try and pick up SH again once things get a bit less hectic in my life.

Dragon's Prophet - Anyademonfang - Level 105 - Officer of Guild Dovahmir - Not currently playing

Savage Hunt - Demonfang - Level 61 (I think) - Not currently playing

Signature%20DP%205_zpsrstoq3rp.jpg

Oh wow guys I really REALLY like DrAgOnS

• I have not been suggesting or even asking for events to be suited only for NA players. What I am saying is they ARE suited ONLY for EUR players. And There are many other players who contribute to this game. Maybe 24 hours notice so all could have prepared for the sale of 20 apartments? But you know what...what the hell...so many people have walked away from this game already....If german players can support it on their own, then do that. Have fun!

• I have not been suggesting or even asking for events to be suited only for NA players. What I am saying is they ARE suited ONLY for EUR players. And There are many other players who contribute to this game. Maybe 24 hours notice so all could have prepared for the sale of 20 apartments? But you know what...what the hell...so many people have walked away from this game already....If german players can support it on their own, then do that. Have fun!

The notice? I fully agree on, Gamigo seem to do a great job on slackin on that *Stares at Ildruin* Very often though, events DO get announced quite a head of time. This once, not so much. But this still was teased really early, and the news definitly has been posted on multiple platforms. So it honestly on you this time, was it short on time? Somewhat, but whats stopping you from tabbing into discord or forums for 3 seconds?

I also have to tell you again, EU =/= Germany. We actually have a ton of coutries here, which all support it. EU has a lot of people in the same time-zone or 1-2 hours off. Which honestly is workeable.. They just cant put it later than they already do.

• A lot of games getting a 'global' release are tailored for NA players, despite their 'global' tag. I'm sure that for once when a game is very clearly EU based that the NA player base can suck it up and just roll with whatever time stuff is released/announced like EU players usually are forced to do.

As others have pointed out; the announcement was made well ahead of time for all time zones to get the notice.

Ranger | Lv 60 | Guild Sanctuary

• As for you MommysRule , I for one, am not german. Neither is Katigura over there. I'm not quite sure what's so unusual for a game aimed at the Europeans to make things suited for exactly those. Europeans.

The only part of what you're saying that would make sense to me, is perhaps extend the time of notice. Most of what else you have been writing, I don't consider good reasoning - you are complaining that events and Limited items are "aired" at times suited for the European player because it doesn't suit your playtime. When I then ask you about this, you change what you say, and instead ask only for earlier notice. This does however tell me that you realise you were being unreasonable, which I do appreciate.

• This has long been an issue, even in DP. I have spoken with Ildruin about it. I am talking about alienating a large part of your audience. In a NA based game with the same problems, I would be standing up for all of you in EUR right now. I do not expect special treatment. I am asking for fair treatment. And when I posted my very first reply on this topic I knew all those players who got to purchase one of these apartments would defend it like crazy, cause they had no other competition. This isn't only about the apartments, its about Simon Says GM event, Missing Brimstone GM event, or Valentines Day Weddings, or so many fun events that half the world doesn't get to attend or even have a chance in. Thats ok, there are other games. I have loved DP since it was released. And realistically SH has hardly any active players....so yes, alienate half of them and push them away. Don't worry, I know you won't miss me. But you sure as hell are going to notice a game with less actives, and one you are spending money on that won't be able to sustain itself long term because it is pushing away players because of high marketplace prices (huge issue!) and the"local only"mentality that it caters to. Any game that I invest in, I want to keep it alive for a long time. I will be be moving on with my time and my money now.