Game caused a huge issue with my computer.

• Hello, I am unsure if I'm posting this in the right area, but I'd really like some help or opinions on this?

I downloaded Savage Hunt about a week or two ago, played it just fine. It launched fine, ran fine, ect. ect. Everything was ok.

Recently, I managed to get a nice dragon egg and have been idling with it for a while, meaning I've let the game run in the background for quite some time.

It was going fine. Thursday I believe was Maintenance day, so it did kick me off. I decided I'd restart my laptop while it was offline and got back on later, letting the game idle in the background for a few more days. Anyway.. the game had been doing fine.

Today however, I woke up to a notice from Malwarebyes, about something suspicious it found, (I don't know if this is related to Savage Hunt at all but I figured I'd mention it.)

I didn't know exactly what it was, so I went ahead and removed it. Then it prompted me that I needed to restart my laptop for it to be gone. I for one hate restarting my laptop because it always seems to have some kind of issue with restarting. I shut it down, started it back up and Malwarebytes still wasn't happy and said I needed to restart. So, I restarted. It was finally happy so I figured I'd go about my business.

Now onto the issue with Savage Hunt itself. After that whole Malwarebytes situation, I wanted to get back onto the game and idle with my dragon egg, launched the game, realized it was just stuck on a black screen. I tabbed out and found a little error that said this,

Naturally, I just ignored it and tried to re-launch the game. Then I got this error,

I tried again, same error. Then I tried other games on my computer, they all suddenly had issues to.

I attempted to re-install DirectX, all it told me was it was already installed and there was no issue. Still, no games would work. They all threw the same error.

So, I rolled back my NVIDIA Driver and re-installed the latest/recommended driver. Afterwards, I tried a few other games to be sure they worked, and they did.

I figured all was ok.. so I went back to try and launch Savage Hunt again. Here we go again, the game was just black and I had the "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." Error. I checked another game to make sure it was ok and it threw the same error it was throwing before again suddenly.

I have been struggling with this for hours.. I finally got an older version of a driver installed and it is working ok.

I uninstalled Savage Hunt at some point, I might try and install it again but I'm afraid it might break things again.

So.. long story short..

Savage Hunt was running ok for a while. No problems, nothing.

Today, I went to launch it and it suddenly told me "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

I ignored that, went to launch it again and I got "Cannot Initialize engine, please check Driect3D or Driver configuration."

After that, every game on my computer started throwing a similar error.

Eventually I needed to rollback and reinstall the latest Driver for my computer.

Every game was working fine again until I tried Savage Hunt again, where it threw the exact same error(s) again, resulting in every other game on my computer doing the exact same thing.

Suddenly, Savage Hunt is causing an issue with my driver that I don't understand.

I hope this wasn't too confusing, does anyone know what I can do to fix this or what is going on?

I would like to play the game again but I am afraid to touch it if it's just going to break things again.

• Tenkai

Thanks, I've sent in a ticket about the issue.

Yuuyake

Yes, I am unsure if it actually is related to Savage Hunt exclusively or not.

But since I was able to fix the problem and get things running again properly except for Savage Hunt (And then launching it and having it cause the same issue to my laptop over again.) I figured I'd ask about it?

I know that Savage Hunt is basically Dragon's Prophet, I launched Dragon's Prophet EU just fine today. No issues at all. (Other than not being able to login, getting a weird error that just said "Error (-1)" or something..)

My laptop has always had weird issues with it's drivers.. for some reason Savage Hunt seemed to be triggering it. I would like to re-install and try playing it again but I'm hesitant as I don't want it to trigger the same issue over again.

• I also have problem running Savage Hunt. Sometimes I d/c and try to run it again it says "clientupdate.exe is now running", have to wait a bit til i can get back in. It never happens on my laptop, I am assuming its not very compatible with window 7 (desktop) but is with window 10 (laptop), seems to be the only thing i can think off. Both my laptop and my computer has same graphic card and specs.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mikin ().

• I also have problem running Savage Hunt. Sometimes I d/c and try to run it again it says "clientupdate.exe is now running", have to wait a bit til i can get back in. It never happens on my laptop, I am assuming its not very compatible with window 7 (desktop) but is with window 10 (laptop), seems to be the only thing i can think off. Both my laptop and my computer has same graphic card and specs.

Thats because your PC is more performant and loads the game faster and you try and connect too soon. You are technically still in the game even though you are not anymore, just wait a few seconds before logging back in and you should see this

• Tenkai

Aah thank you, I ha a feeling it had something to do with SH replacing something from DP, got that fixed now and was able to login and play/no issues.