Don't Kill It Before It Has A Chance To Live: Financial Suggestions

Check out the Thread "Survey for a Screenshot Contest" in the category "Feedback & Suggestions" and vote for your favorite topic!
  • We all know the biggest complaint here has to be the prices of everything. And we know in our hearts why these prices are jacked up.

Without the purchase of dragons (Which go for around 3k diamonds, give or take, on regular DP), your purchases are being hurt, aren't they? That's why you've had to jack up the prices to meet a quota. To keep the game alive.. However I think this isn't the way to do it.

Nope, here's my suggestion. One people might not like - but may also be better than what you've already got going on.

Subscription Service

Yeah, you heard me right.

I don't mean turning the game from Free to Play. I mean a monthly sub service, that gives you nice little goodies each month. Goodies that give enough incentive to make us pay cash out to you guys for them.

You could even have sub ranks.

$5 for 400 diamonds a month, a 15% discount on the store, an exclusive dragon, a special sort of player housing.

$10 for 800 diamonds a month, a 25% discount on the store, yadda-yadda.

Or just have a set price. $15 a month for __ amount of diamonds, ___ discount, ___ dragon, ___ lair slots, etc. I think you'll find people would much prefer paying out that $15 a month than paying your current prices, because they are harsh. And I think I speak on behalf of everyone here when I say they are TOO much for what they are.

And it's not because I haven't experienced the prices, because I have. I've paid for lair slots, active dragon slots, chamber slots, speed-hatching. You can bet I would pay up to $20 a month for a discount to buy more things at lower prices than you have now.. Because you see, sometimes less is more. You open yourself to a much wider audience by lowering your prices.

Suggestions on this are very much welcome and if you don't agree with me, by all means say so! But stay respectful, just as I will.

"Everyone's quick to blame the alien." - Aeschylus

• The sub part a no and the exclusive dragon defeats purpose of all dragons free.

If I wanted a sub dragon based game I go play Istaria.

Sub are a terrible idea since a lot cannot afford it or rather put the money else where.

I think you missed a point - the sub is nonessential and there for those that want it. I said keep the game free to play, after all.

I don't mean turning the game from Free to Play. I mean a monthly sub service, that gives you nice little goodies each month. Goodies that give enough incentive to make us pay cash out to you guys for them.

"Everyone's quick to blame the alien." - Aeschylus

• I personally wouldn't sub at the moment if this became reality, but I like the idea. If it would get Gamigo to stop jacking up the prices of things I'm all for it.

dp_mini_traumflieger_by_shadow_of_destiny-d7tod7d.pngdp_mini_kristallchaos_by_shadow_of_destiny-d7zz0j7.png

Last Order                                                           Freya

This game gives me anxiety

• I think you missed a point - the sub is nonessential and there for those that want it. I said keep the game free to play, after all.

if the sub didn't ruin the free dragons and game play and was like $7 per month and each month we get bonuses like 500 diamonds and special dragon or better yet stuff needed to unlock in game stuff like slots and spaces then I defiantly pay for once in awhile.

Even better if they made it triple xp i am sure a lot will pay for it. Meaning only main mission needed no side quests.

• Its.... a good idea. Needs some work, but a great starting point.

If you keep the game f2p, have some stuff only available through dias/shells and then some extras for a monthly subscription, that could work. I can see myself pay a bit monthly in the future (not at this moment, I need to see how it turns out before I invest) :/

Say you add an additional chamber page, and an additional row of stable(like the VIP in DP) and thats a monthly subscription. Throw a bit of diamonds on top so it feels worth it, maybe a "goodie bag" as well... that way, we can choose between paying monthly or by dias, or maybe both. The monthly sub should be just a little more expensive than the worth of dias/goodies it includes, make it a good deal.

But whatever you do, dont make any dragon "subscription only". They've advertised all dragons as free, so they should stick to that.

• Thats one of the best ideas I've seen so far, I hope someone from gamigo gets to see that one

754377dpminisilberspeerbyshadowofdestiny       epbb.png

°Aqua°                                                       °Fuuka°

| Aykalia | Lvl.55 God of the guild Dovahmir |

ou04.jpg

Good Leus are still being good.

• Monthly subscription could include:

• One extra page in chamber
    • One extra row in stable
    • x amount Diamonds
    • 2 free transportation book uses a day
    • 5 Megaphones/world chat
    • x amount of rows/pages in bank/bag

This could be a "basic" subscription. You mentioned ranks (pay more, get more). To that could be added:

• Discount in Marketplace
    • A box similar to the lv50 surprise box - choose what you want among necessary items (multiple/better boxes for higher ranks)
    • One Equip Transformation

Number of diamonds, teleports, megaphones, and bank/bag space would scale with the rank one chooses to buy

I do not wish to see items that would make a big difference in gameplay, though I wish to see items that would make it easier. So I am still HOPING that the Dragon Insignias will be useable for some of this stuff as well.

• I made a similar suggestion some months ago in the german DP forum (and also to the GM on the german DP server).

The basic idea: players may conclude a monthly diamond subscription, giving you a certain amount of diamonds to a considerably reduced price each month. Besides the possibility of a single purchase of diamonds (paying the regular price) and also of playing SH entirely for free would remain unchanged.

What would be the advantage of such a subscription model?

For the Players:

- subscribers get more diamonds for their money (compared to single purchase)

- good cost control

For the pubisher:

- planning certainty

- probably higher diamond sales

In DP I made a habit of purchasing diamonds for 5€ to 15€ each month to support the game. Even if I wasn't in dire need of diamonds I usualy find a way to spend them for something nice in the game. ;)

Some kind of a monthly goodie would also be nice of course.

DESPITE: Even if a kind of subscription model is seized by gamigo the market place prices need to be reduced and there should also be a possibility for players who are not able to spend money for the game to get basic items from the market place.

• Even better if they made it triple xp i am sure a lot will pay for it. Meaning only main mission needed no side quests.

I disagree with this. The first two zones are a bit slow, but once you hit Wynnadia you easily keep up with your mainquests (i did my mainquests + PEs on the way, nearly no green quests), and doing hard mode Corzine (mobs+quest finishing) gave like 11% xp per run. It'd be ridiculous, in my opinion, to give a triple xp rate, even as a subscription thing.

Perhaps it would be useful again in the later zones, but I'd suggest a weekend xp buff or similar rather than adding it to a potential subscription. Alternatively add a 100% xp potion(1day-7day) to the higher ranked subscriptions?

if the sub didn't ruin the free dragons and game play and was like $7 per month and each month we get bonuses like 500 diamonds and special dragon or better yet stuff needed to unlock in game stuff like slots and spaces then I defiantly pay for once in awhile.

Though remember, the more is added to the subscription, the more it will also cost. I'm quoting you here, because I think $7 is honestly way too little if they were going to give you 30 days of triple xp as well.

The special dragon is also an idea I'm against, they've advertised the game as "all dragons free", making even one subscription-based, defeats that purpose.

I ALSO don't think the subscription should permanently unlock slots and spaces - there should be special ones reserved for the subscriptions, that are taken away when the subscription runs out.

• True and sub do ruin an entire game at times lol

• I ALSO don't think the subscription should permanently unlock slots and spaces - there should be special ones reserved for the subscriptions, that are taken away when the subscription runs out.

what if there are items or dergams in there tho? :/

754377dpminisilberspeerbyshadowofdestiny       epbb.png

°Aqua°                                                       °Fuuka°

| Aykalia | Lvl.55 God of the guild Dovahmir |

ou04.jpg

Good Leus are still being good.

• what if there are items or dergams in there tho? :/

I'd imagine, like in other games I've played, that the items/dragons stay there, but you cannot interact with them other than to move them into actual available slots :/ ofcourse, thats a double-edged sword, cause they would risk players(collectors) only subscribing once in order to move items/dragons into the space and leave them there.

POSSIBLY, you could get a say, 7day timer to move them into other space or re-subscribe, and if you don't they're lost forever. This is NOT an idea that I like - I dont wanna lose my stuff/dragons, but I'm brainstorming to give an answer =O

• I ALSO don't think the subscription should permanently unlock slots and spaces - there should be special ones reserved for the subscriptions, that are taken away when the subscription runs out

Maybe something like that: as long as the subscription persists you get additional slots in dragon stable (dragon lair, bank, backpack) similar to that you got in DP at a high VIP level. The number of slots (and other benefits) could be related to the monthly amount of diamonds you subscribe to.

There could also be benefits like access to your personal mailbox, bank... a 30 days companion loot potion...

All these benefits persisting as long as the subscription runs.

What happens to dragons and equipment placed in additional slots after subscription has run out? They persist in their slots but are not accessible (and maybe not even clearly visible) until you start a new subscription that covers at least the same number of additional slots.

• So pretty much the original VIP system they got rid of but its sub based instead of it being boosted by dia purchases and activity for those that are f2p?

Im sure Gamingo will love that. Give that marketing rep a giant smile. What? They want to give us more money just to get a discount on our inflated prices? Sure why not! Will give them more incentive to spend $25 on top of the sub fee just to make use of the great discounts we can provide! We can give them a couple diamonds with it just to make them want to save them up or spend more to get the items they want.

Joking aside...

If done this way it will be locked behind a paywall and it will vanish unless you get back onto the subscription again. Surprised people are not just asking for VIP to come back in the first place. Yes I know most of the people talking in here have spent tons of money on dragons they ultimately stick into the storage. So the free dragon perk really is triggering people to buy more spots to stuff them into. Kinda makes me think of a Pokemon game that charges you $15 a month to store your Pokemon in Bills PC or buy a page to store 9 in for $4 a pop.

I think you would be better off just bringing back the VIP system and giving better items overall at later lvls. Gives ALL people a reason to log in every day and play and chat with the others in game. Also gives people that do spend money something more like a investment instead of a membership perk that ends the day you stop paying the sub fee.

• If done this way it will be locked behind a paywall and it will vanish unless you get back onto the subscription again. Surprised people are not just asking for VIP to come back in the first place. Yes I know most of the people talking in here have spent tons of money on dragons they ultimately stick into the storage. So the free dragon perk really is triggering people to buy more spots to stuff them into. Kinda makes me think of a Pokemon game that charges you $15 a month to store your Pokemon in Bills PC or buy a page to store 9 in for $4 a pop.

I think you would be better off just bringing back the VIP system and giving better items overall at later lvls. Gives ALL people a reason to log in every day and play and chat with the others in game. Also gives people that do spend money something more like a investment instead of a membership perk that ends the day you stop paying the sub fee.

I think most people have given up on asking for "old stuff" back, the VIP included. Even in DP they messed that up and are handing out sucky items at all levels.

I believe the intention behind proposing a sub system is NOT to lock the game behind a paywall, but rather to lower the overall prices whilst offering Gamigo a somewhat "stable" income from the game. We obviously need to find some kind of middle ground between what players want and what the company wants. Personally I would also be expecting the DI shop to come back properly with various useful items.

The stuff that is proposed for the subscription are by no means necessary for the average player(if the player in question has spent a bit on unlocking slots already - again, im hoping/expecting for expansions to be available for DI at some point) - an extra page for dragons and extra bag space is only relevant for collectors and grinders who dont want to go to merch more than needed.

• Recently purchased guild wars two. Cost me about £35 for Both expansions, and have already made enough in-game money to buy £16 worth of gems (premium)...

I love dragons prophet, I really do, but, why would I pay £350 to have the same level of access as I do in gw2?

This game has less hours of gameplay when placed side by side.

A worse story, a worse engine that causes all sorts of problems, no support, no official word from gamigo, no player base through fair consumer care, customer support might as well not exist and no substantial positive change from the previous version. The only thing this game has over the other games is dragons, yet you don't have those either without spending "more than it's worth"

The sad and honest truth, and hate me if you will. Savage hunt is the predecessor of a dying game, that is being kept for long enough to line their pockets, why else would they run two desperate instances of the game. It's a sham and if you can't see that then it's your own naivety. I've seen it happen many times, it always starts this way.

Long story short, your hopes for this game are birthing threads like this, filled with good ideas, yet aimed at bad publishers. I only wish the majority of you open your eyes before they grab your wallets, because the easiest target are those that hope on lost causes.

• Sadly I am aware of this stuff.

I played to many games where I spend $100 or close and it gets shut down soon after.

Also all games I love get shut down for some reason and the more p2p or p2w games that I hate stay up. Why that?

Well simple greed and stupidity.

• Most of us are well aware that we're fighting a battle that we're losing. That doesn't stop one from trying, giving that one last push. I get where you're coming from, I gave up on DP 10months ago after fighing a lost battle for far too long.

Now, call me naive, I won't hate you for it :P I know I am. I like these games just a little too much and that's no secret. Let's not talk about how much I spent on DP. If even one of these threads, which you say hold good ideas, can turn one head then that's enough. Savage Hunt may still die. Dragon's Prophet is already dead. But perhaps, one day in the future, enough heads will be turned for a game to be launched where the ideas proposed here gets taken into account. It's very very unlikely. But there's a possibility.

And well, I don't think there's many closed eyes. However there IS many closed wallets. Some, like mine, won't open without drastic changes to the current game - and I'm aware enough of the situation to know that means there is a 99.9%(I'd say 100% but then I don't seem hopeful, right) chance my wallet will not open. The first month has pretty much passed, one month left to fight through before I leave this game in the past where it seems to belong.

Ofcourse, this is written from my viewpoint as a DP vet. The newer members to the community may not have the same view, and I can't speak for their willingness to open their wallets. I will hope alongside you that they stay closed as well, but I wouldn't worry for us oldies. We know. At least I think we do, but I can't speak for anyone other than myself in the end.