• So.... Legit question. Is there any effective way to farm for gold? It's insane how expensive the gold prices are on everything. *refer to my rant on the silly prices by clicking HERE *

Example. I have a whopping 84k right now. Repairing my gear from just farming alone is making it drain, not to mention the occasional skill reset because I want to try something new and just forget about setting dragons. Setting 1 dragon to farm for XP for 5 hours costs between 9k and 15k, depending on what you are doing. It's loss to set dragons to farm for materials, then craft said materials. It's loss to farm materials yourself and then craft said materials to sell. It's loss to farm a dungeon for gear / Soul Gazes. The only way I've been able to acquire gold effectively is doing the daily achievement for the gold chests and getting a bit lucky with selling things in the auction house.

Is there really no way to effectively farm for gold? I have a 30k repair fee right now, which is almost half of what I have.

• Well napo is not that good of an idea I think since we're all out of money, and plus because no one really need it now. The one that would like to take advantages of low prices for later are, I suppose, as broken as the rest.

A nice way to farm money huh ? In the early game i think there's no real magic recipe for that. Find a dungeon close to a merchant, equip low stuff to throw when it's broken so that you save repear fees, and farm, sell, farm, sell.

Make all quests, daily one too.

And, important, make achievements. Guild, event, zone, every daily.

Not learning anything i suppose but i'm quite curious of the propositions that will appear, i hope, below.

* * ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~  Dungeon's Robin ~~~~~~~~~~~~* *

May the Flyng Spaghetti Monster bless Auratia

• - Farming Dungeon and selling all the gears & items to merchants

- Collecting Wild Eggs (Not the dungeon ones) and sell it to Auction House

- Farming Daily Quest Items and sell it to Auction House

- Selling Shards to players

- Quests

- Sell diamonds to players for gold

It's no good if you try all the things at the same time, not to mention that SH has only two zones available currently. Which is a bit difficult to earn gold at low level. First of all, the crafting is not important until SH releases the "Wintertide" Zone which comes with the very first purple set we can farm and craft for. Collect enough materials in that time instead.

I don't have a problem about the gold spending, never went "bankrupt" though I do a lot of things. If you find 30k repairs is too much then you surely haven't seen the repair cost at level 105 in DP. :D

--- Marichu | Lvl.?? | Elaris (ENG) ---

34zd3ro.jpg

GENERAL ARTWORKS SITE

2aj9moh.jpg

• I don't have a problem about the gold spending, never went "bankrupt" though I do a lot of things. If you find 30k repairs is too much then you surely haven't seen the repair cost at level 105 in DP. :D

I've seen the repair cost at 105 in DP :P the difference is that at 105, theres actually a market for selling stuff, and its unbelieveably easy to make gold, compared to the lower levels. 35k (which is what my repair cost comes to now in SH) is a lot when you barely earn 35k in the time it takes to break your weapon again.

When everyones close to "bankrupt", there's not much market for selling on the AH either, and, with the exception of dailies(10 a day), quests are in fact limited.

What I'm doing, currently, is I'm doing Dungeons for Soul Gaze drops and selling normal loot to npcs. Good DI drops etc I have tried to sell through AH, but in my experience so far, it doesn't sell, so I give it away to friends instead. This allows me to break even, so I dont really earn, nor lose, anything from Dungeons.

In other words, if you're planning to run Dungeons, and keep your Lair processes going, it IS a lot with 30-40k(i was up to like 70k once cause I kept delaying repairing the not-so-broken stuff) to repair, because the Dungeon runs only cover the repair cost. However, doing all your quests will give you funds so you have a decent base to start with. Completing achievements etc will also net you a little bit. F.ex will the Laedis Deluxe Chest from daily achievement "Glory of Laedis" net you 20k.

• In DP, I regularly have around 20M. Repair fees are nothing. I think the most expensive repair fee I've ever had was around 90k, which really isn't that much. XD

As for the ideas posted, farming gear from dungeons and selling to merchants = loss. Your repair fee is higher than what you get for the items.

Collecting wild eggs. Profitable? Yes. Boring? VERY. That's my main issue with that method. People will buy legendary eggs for 50k a pop right now, sure but still... So boring just flying around, trying to find eggs that people want to buy.

Can't say I've tried farming daily quest items. I can't see that going to well because a lot of the earlier daily quests are so easy. I can farm up a full set of dailies in about 7 minutes. That being said, it could still work but you would have to experiment with how much you charge per.

Selling shards to players? Not really sure how well that would go over. Shard attunement is pretty expensive (5-6k per full attunement inventory), so that adds up scary fast. I converted all of my magic dmg / natural dmg / health to the highest they could get, which wasn't very much and it ran me over 50k. I was like 'WHAAAAAT?!'. But it's possible that someone wants all the shards they can get. I'll have to look into it.

Quests... So boring. I ran through so many quests on DP, I don't want to do them on SH, save for the main story line quest since it gives half decent gear for your toon. I know road quests give about 1k each time you complete one, which honestly isn't bad. I just feel there isn't any point in doing them unless you are trying to level... And well, I hit 40 like 2 days ago, so...

Putting on low grade gear that you don't care about and farming dungeons with it... That's a solid idea, I think. Truthfully, I feel as that method shouldn't be necessary but.. It's something that they still have to change, which sounds like it could take a while since Gamigo isn't a 'developer'. Can still try it though, to see how worth while it is.

Doing the dailies in the areas is a given. The achievements give you about 100k or so if you do them all, plus the tasty guild points and shards. I've already been doing those. Main thing is, dragon training is so expensive right now, it drains just about every tid bit I manage to make. Main thing I'm hoping for is the few eggs I've found / decent gear I've come across to sell in the AH. That's been my primary source of income thus far and now that I can farm things at 40, I find stuff that people want, especially for the ones that are to lazy to run through the main storyline quests.

I do appreciate y'alls feedback. Was just hoping that there was some little trick to be able to easily earn money. A new friend in game just told me a method that doesn't require THAT much effort but still may be a bit annoying to deal with, since it requires selling when the most people are on.. And even then, have to find the buyers for it as well. Once more people figure it out, the market is just going to get flooded with the item, so it won't even be worth while to do in another week or two.. But I guess we'll see.

• I do appreciate y'alls feedback. Was just hoping that there was some little trick to be able to easily earn money. A new friend in game just told me a method that doesn't require THAT much effort but still may be a bit annoying to deal with, since it requires selling when the most people are on.. And even then, have to find the buyers for it as well. Once more people figure it out, the market is just going to get flooded with the item, so it won't even be worth while to do in another week or two.. But I guess we'll see.

I think, this here is your main reason that noone, or very few, share the best methods they find. You and your friend arent the only ones who would like to keep a method to yourselves, so that it doesn't flood AH ^^

Personally I'm fine as long as I'm breaking even, for now at least XD

• Suggestion on how to keep repair costs low:

I collect all weapons that I'm able to use (as a 2H Guardian). During easy parts of quests and dungeons I use these weapons for fighting. Only for Bosses I change to my purple weapon.

• Suggestion on how to keep repair costs low:

I collect all weapons that I'm able to use (as a 2H Guardian). During easy parts of quests and dungeons I use these weapons for fighting. Only for Bosses I change to my purple weapon.

Good idea but I use weapons with green till durability low then sell and go to next weapon.