Worldmerge - The next bad news for DP

• Well, i just waited for an announcement like this.

we hinted at it the past weeks time and time again, but now it's happening for real!

Your times of loneliness in the big cities are over, because we are bringing you all a bit closer together now.

I think this is mainly a project because of low Server Population, and the problem with the Egg Circle we have right now.

We are going to merge Jorbyn (EN), Lysaia (GER) and Chaugnar (FR) into one new, single World fittingly called: Auratia.

Good Idea. Like we also knew that Gamgio was planning this, but nobody could imagine that this would cause real bad Problems.

Very important! You will keep your 12 highest level characters from all servers. If you have many characters on every world, you will have to start clearing out your inventories now!

There is no way to keep more than 12 characters.

This is maybe the most important part.

Dont tell us it is not possible to increase one Serverslot to 36 Chars (6 Pages). Easy excuse !

Like everytime no E-Mail Announcement (only a forum announcement)... WHY ??

Lets Imagine, you have played this Game a very long time. Nearly everyone who did that, have farmed maybe so many Items, that they are using many Characters as a storage.

When they wont get a E-Mail Announcement they just log in after the Merge and have lost maybe everything.

For me this is the next big (maybe biggest) mistake which will really ruin this Game.

How should the active players hold theyre motivation to play this Game, when they realize that they could loose theyre stuff too, if they just stop (temporarly) to play this Game ?

Another Example: You have created another Character and unlocked all Inventory Spaces but didnt level up yet because youre busy or just stopped playing this game for few days.

And if your lucky (irony) then you will loose this Character. Well payed !

The merge starts on Thursday, 22nd November 2018. This also means that on this day the maintenance will take a little longer than normal - we appreciate your understanding.

For me this is too spontaneous, if we keep in Mind how long the Migration was announced (with the same less announcement / no newsletter).

• Hello Payday,

thank you for your feedback. As always, we will forward and discuss this!

To adress some concerns of yours:

The upcoming server merge will also be announced in it's own newsletter coming soon and is posted to the gamigo portal. Facebook is also soon to follow.

We understand that it takes time to reach old and inactive players, unfortunately this is all the time we have.

• this is a funny thread.

DP not making any changes in the game, people complain,

DP make a significant change in dp, people complain,

wtf xD

Dude how many people even can say they have 36 chars which are all important lole, its suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a huge problem to move stuff into another char, also if you char is under level 90 its un -important and likely has nothing good on it anyway, and i can assure you no one would purchase full backpack slots on a char that is not even 105 if its an ALT like lets be real, don't make circumstances which don't happen.

I can tell YOU who this is a problem for, this is a problem for people who like to make too many alts hence why QQ on the slots, abuse the little trick in theadra wink wink wink wink ;) and love pirates too much.

• abuse the little trick in theadra wink wink wink wink ;) and love pirates too much.

:w what are you talking about ? What is in Thadrea ?

Ive never wrote anything about 36 Characters. But there are many people (who played this Game very long) and have atleast 2-4 Maincharacters. And few more twinks as a item storage. And few for Dailys, and like 5 for farming Napolite (Dragons). There you go, you are at example 16 Characters.
    If you come back after the "Merge" then you have 12 Characters left, and you have stored all of your Shards, Items, or maybe just Gold on these little Characters which got deleted.
    And yes if you would be a player of those you would understand what i mean.
    I dont say this will happen to everyone. Its just my opinion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Payday ().

• This is maybe the most important part.

Dont tell us it is not possible to increase one Serverslot to 36 Chars (6 Pages). Easy excuse !

^The only time you mentioned character slots^

The thing I don't understand is why make more than 2 characters for storage? There's not THAT much items to store unless you're a hoarder imo.. (I am also low-key intrigued by that thadrea exploit Memelord mentioned OwO)

• Let's just take this complaint one piece at a time.

Like everytime no E-Mail Announcement (only a forum announcement)... WHY ??

This is a legitimate question, but the relatively obvious answer is that the forum is arguably the easiest way to immediately get the word out to at least a certain number of players who can then spread the word—other methods will take a bit more time.

For me this is too spontaneous, if we keep in Mind how long the Migration was announced (with the same less announcement / no newsletter).

And for me, a month's notice is plenty of time. Even given that the forum isn't too heavily visited, there's probably at least one person per active guild who peeks at the forum at least weekly and would relay the news, if only as, "Hey, they're doing a server merge soon and you can only keep 12 characters. Better check it out in the forum."

When they wont get a E-Mail Announcement they just log in after the Merge and have lost maybe everything.

No, because they'll at least have what's on their twelve highest-level characters. I mean, yes, it would absolutely, 100% suck to discover that that's all that's left, but nobody is storing completely useless crap on their twelve highest-level characters because they preemptively transferred the good stuff to currently long-term storage characters that they intend to play at some point, maybe, once some unknown criterion is met. Nobody is doing that because they wouldn't bother when the good stuff is put to better use elsewhere until the lower-level character(s) can use it; nobody wants to log in to a higher-level character to run Racmon really quick or capture Death Phantom, only to remember their best gear is with a character that's nowhere near that point yet.

Besides that, while email announcements are good self-defense for gamigo (and are just generally a good idea to show even the vaguest concern for players), the world can't stop turning merely because some people don't check in daily—whether that's the game or their email. I can assure you that I don't check my email daily, so I don't expect anyone else to and don't know why you do. Given that, exactly how long would you suggest gamigo wait to do this merge? Until after they'd confirmed contact with every person who hasn't logged in for at least a week and received a response dictating what each of those individuals expects to be done on their behalf?

The argument you're trying to make here is illogical and ignores reality.

For me this is the next big (maybe biggest) mistake which will really ruin this Game.

I'm seeing a trend in your posts. If you really think the game is ruined or being ruined, then honestly, the least agonizing thing for you to do—for your own gaming comfort—is to quit playing before the worst heartbreak is finally inflicted on the playerbase. Your posts will live on without you as prophetic warnings to the rest of us.

First, "no way to keep more than 12 characters" isn't an excuse by any means, because an excuse implies an inability to carry out an act; obviously, they could if they wanted. But they likely don't want to transfer more than that for whatever reason, hence it's simply and clearly a flat refusal to do so.

Second, thirty-six characters is even more arbitrary a number than twelve. I'd wager that twelve characters is probably the maximum that the majority of players have, hence why that was chosen instead of some other number more convenient to the minority. That essentially means one character of each class from each server, which is reasonable and probable for most, rather than the three per class per server you're suggesting some people might have, want, and/or need.

Third, transferring data for just twelve characters is obviously going to be faster than transferring data for thirty-six. If the idea is to let players play, which you mention as reason to give more than a month of item-moving time ("if they just stop (temporarly) to play this Game"), then it clearly behooves gamigo to get the transfer done and the new server up and running ASAP. They can't do that if they can mass-transfer twelve of however many characters per player, only to have to go back and manually find the ones with more than twelve so they can transfer those individually. Or worse, have to manually transfer every player's data just to satisfy a few who must have all thirty-six characters because they're too lazy to shuffle storage/not playing right now/whatever (for the record, any form of the manual way is arguably going to be more expensive and hurtful to an F2P game and the people who play it than the anger of a few hypothetical players who lose low-level characters they're only using as storage).

Lets Imagine, you have played this Game a very long time. Nearly everyone who did that, have farmed maybe so many Items, that they are using many Characters as a storage.

For one character, you can get the following:

400 slots of bank space (4 pages of 100).

240 slots of backpack space (6 pages of 40).
    400 slots of market bag space (10 pages of 40, all unlocked).
    512 slots of shard bag space (16 pages of 32, all unlocked).
    100 slots of costume space (10 costumes with 10 slots apiece, all unlocked).

Other options include:

Random storage quantity in apartment/land plot.
    Mailbox "storage" for one month, which gives time beyond the merge to get things taken care of.

If I did my math right, that's 1652 slots on a single character. Multiplied by 12, that's 19824. Multiplied by 36, that's 59472. And that ignores the mailbox and the variety of storage options on an island apartment/land plot. So are you saying that you or someone you know really does

a) have nearly 60000 items in storage across that many characters,
    b) need all of them right at this moment, and particularly that
    c) all of those items are so rare that it's probable none of them can ever be replaced?

Or, alternatively, are you saying that someone is so obsessed with this game that it's massively burdensome to take a few hours or days to go through the tedium of passing items around because s/he is too busy trying to replay a game they know by heart for the nth time? And if the obsession is really there, what's the great distress in having to farm some new gear if someone likes the game that much? It's an actual excuse to play then.

So please humor me and actually justify keeping thirty-six characters, because I'm not seeing it.

How should the active players hold theyre motivation to play this Game, when they realize that they could loose theyre stuff too, if they just stop (temporarly) to play this Game ?

Another Example: You have created another Character and unlocked all Inventory Spaces but didnt level up yet because youre busy or just stopped playing this game for few days.

And if your lucky (irony) then you will loose this Character. Well payed !

Forgive me if I don't believe that anyone has actually paid to unlock every single inventory space before they're playing a character full-time and actually need that much space for that character, but I don't. It saves money and makes more sense to unlock space only as needed.

Really, the only issue I'm seeing is that if someone has, for some reason, purchased unique (as opposed to account-wide) dragons across more than twelve characters, there's considerable expense in egging them, perhaps crystallizing their skills if needed/desired, and then leveling them again with another character.

I also find it unfortunate that those who might lose characters can't choose which twelve they want to keep, though I understand that catering to every player would make things even more difficult and expensive on the back end; it's pretty clear that the twelve highest-level were chosen because those are the ones that are guaranteed to have had the most effort put into them and are most likely to have super-rare equipment that will take ages to replace (if it can be without massive effort), while anything less either doesn't or has so little it can be shuttled to a higher-level character relatively quickly.

Like we also knew that Gamgio was planning this, but nobody could imagine that this would cause real bad Problems.

Being allowed to keep just twelve characters is an annoyance, not a cause of "real bad Problems." Your suggestion that "nobody could imagine" the trouble caused is mere theatric hyperbole, as your stated "problems" lack evidence (as told by your frequent use of "might, "maybe," and "could").

TL;DR:
    Nobody in the playerbase is maintaining thirty-six characters equally, nor does anybody need thirty-six characters for storage unless they don't want to buy bank or pack space; and while I appreciate and am okay with thrifty game-playing, if someone doesn't want to spend money to support an F2P, it means they aren't in a position to argue for anything that might increase the cost of maintaining it. Ultimately, I don't see how this limitation will significantly impact anyone except those who need multitudes of throwaway characters to cheat the system and/or harass other players before "disappearing" for a while.

• Even if i create examples people wont get it.

Like i wrote, i dont care about 36 Characters.

I never wrote anyone has 36 Characters and loose them all.

Some People like it to have a structure. For each Shardtype a different Character (easiert to handle / trade / sell)

- Lets say 4 Characters for each DMG Shard Types.

- 1 Maincharacter

- 5 Characters to make Dailys -> farming Dragon Insignias

- 5 Characters to farm Napolite -> Sending Dragons to search them

- and + / - 2 Characters for Items, Crafting Items and Stuff

And yes a E-Mail Announcement couldnt be that hard.

Anyways i wont stop you guys from playing this Game. Do whatever you want to (24/7 nothing)

• I get what payday is getting at. I did have toons for decorations, mats, gear/costumes etc but had to delete them. Luckily i hadn't wasted diamonds on them yet to get extra space.

Guild: Defiant (Leader), Lvl: 105, Class: Oracle (before it was popular), Alliance: Avalon

Signature_zpsyfe9ivll.png

• This will affect everyone, how can you even like compare these small bull shit qq losses when you legit get the one thing pretty much everyone in this game has complained about, a lack of players on each map and a feeling alone in a MMO, the game will feel more alive and bring the small left over community closer, if you prefer to keep your "shard alts" or "dailies alts" over something like that then gg i suppose you think of dp as a single player game or something

• Like i wrote, i dont care about 36 Characters.

You made a suggestion to increase the number of characters retained to an arbitrary thirty-six, implying that you or someone you know has that many—otherwise there's no reason to suggest such a massive jump in character slots. Eighteen, sure. Maybe twenty-four. But thirty-six?

My talk of thirty-six characters in my response was simply based on your suggestion, hence why it cropped up so frequently.

I never wrote anyone has 36 Characters and loose them all.

Nor did I say you said that. However, you did write that some players could lose "maybe everything," which is simply incorrect regardless of your playing structure.

Some People like it to have a structure.

Okay, I can see what you're saying. But that's still less than eighteen characters (unless you're saying each shard type per class), so no need to suggest thirty-six. Also, I can easily do all of the rest of that in the ten characters I have right now, six of which are essentially storage because I'm not really leveling them at this point (or never intend to, for two of them). That leaves me the last two character slots for farming, playing, or more storage.

The only reason to have as many as you're suggesting is speed, which is fine but still isn't exactly relevant in a game that hasn't received a major gameplay update since January 2015, if I'm remembering correctly. I fail to see what the rush is in getting to the top when it's "24/7 nothing" once you're there, because that sad fact means that it's just not that terrible to have to do a quick shuffle for the merge. This is actually a very good time to do the merge, given how little else is happening.

Further, do we even know that twelve characters is going to be an eternal limit on characters on the new server, or is that just the limit for the transfer? In the former case, the loss is temporary and merely annoying, and a person using the structure you describe would be back up and running in very little time (if a little slower while previous crafting levels or the like are reacquired); in the latter it's a bit more problematic because it would call for a new structure, but adaptation wouldn't be impossible or even difficult.

And yes a E-Mail Announcement couldnt be that hard.

I didn't say it was hard. I said that, logistically, it would take a little longer to do than a forum post, therefore it shouldn't be expected to go out before or even at the same time. You posted your complaint less than two hours after the original announcement was made, as though you expected some mass alert over every communication medium. Your argument was that not everyone looks at the forum, which is true, but coordinating simultaneous media announcements is unnecessary and delays things; there's no reason to not post in the forum first and do the rest later, as that actually does start getting the word out immediately—since time seemed to be a concern of yours—if only to a fraction of the playerbase.

Anyways i wont stop you guys from playing this Game. Do whatever you want to (24/7 nothing)

Wow. So bitter.

• I also find it unfortunate that those who might lose characters can't choose which twelve they want to keep, though I understand that catering to every player would make things even more difficult and expensive on the back end; it's pretty clear that the twelve highest-level were chosen because those are the ones that are guaranteed to have had the most effort put into them and are most likely to have super-rare equipment that will take ages to replace (if it can be without massive effort), while anything less either doesn't or has so little it can be shuttled to a higher-level character relatively quickly.

Actually you CAN choose which 12 to keep. Go through your toons and you delete which ones to go away BEFORE the merge yourself. They say the 12 highest but no level specified. If you only have 12 toons, then those will all go over.

zios_coloured_small_by_dalekfell-dc7rj5o.png  

Main Toon: Nyteshade - Ranger Lvl 91 - Elaris server- I have a hard time seeing chat. Please don't be offended if I don't respond. Dragon's Prophet: Nyteshayde Ranger Lvl 97

• i think no server merge would be worse news for dp.i have more than 12 chars as my bank and all of them are full with items(i was hoarding orbs and stuff like that to fix my gear till when i am not lazy to do it)i didnt use any dias to expand storage so it will be really hard to fit them in one server but i am still happy they decided to merge.they cant wait for people who dont play for long time there is no way to know when they will come back to game.i have seen people coming after 3 years.they should just let them know via mail and facebook and let it go because if they are still somehow in touch with community but not playing it active they will still know about it before server merge via friends.

• Actually you CAN choose which 12 to keep. Go through your toons and you delete which ones to go away BEFORE the merge yourself. They say the 12 highest but no level specified. If you only have 12 toons, then those will all go over.

That's a very good point.

i think no server merge would be worse news for dp.i have more than 12 chars as my bank and all of them are full with items(i was hoarding orbs and stuff like that to fix my gear till when i am not lazy to do it)i didnt use any dias to expand storage so it will be really hard to fit them in one server but i am still happy they decided to merge.

If it's feasible, mail to yourself anything that's not soulbound—you get something like eight(?) pages in your mailbox, and it can sit for a month. If you have at least two characters, you can theoretically mail non-soulbound stuff back and forth forever until you have the time, interest, space, or whatever to deal with it. It'll give you extra time.

they cant wait for people who dont play for long time there is no way to know when they will come back to game.i have seen people coming after 3 years.they should just let them know via mail and facebook and let it go because if they are still somehow in touch with community but not playing it active they will still know about it before server merge via friends.

Yeah, at least one person in my old guild was lost in the migration. And as someone who has no social media, despite not being a daily email checker, a mass email announcement really would be the best way to reach me if I weren't visiting the forum regularly.

• Only concern I have about the Server merge is if (For Me) it is gonna be like Migration and be another round of VIP being reset to Noob level :cursing:, Secret apartment vanishing as well as 50 nests (Nests never reappeared) full of eggs, Chests with Rare Sky Island Eggs GONE and a few other Items in Secret Apt Gone. Guess time will tell :w

• The World Merge should not affect those with Apartments, but how are you going to handle land plots? i would expect that choice large land plots in the Sky Islands might well be owned by different people on different servers.

• The World Merge should not affect those with Apartments, but how are you going to handle land plots? i would expect that choice large land plots in the Sky Islands might well be owned by different people on different servers.

Sky Islands are the only thing that is not affected by servers, they are cross-server in every aspect! :)