What are the benefits of Games?

• HI, here I am going to introduce a different topic to all readers. Benefit of playing games. Most of people saying that playing game is unnecessary and waste of time. I cannot agree with them. In my opinion, there have many benefits in a game. Game can

• Improves coordination. ...
    • Improves problem-solving skills. ...
    • Enhances memory. ...
    • Improves attention and concentration. ...
    • It is a great source of learning. ...
    • Improves the brain's speed. ...
    • Enhances multitasking skills. ...
    • Improves social skills.

This is only a few answers. You can add more answers below here. :)

• Go watch the TED talks by Jane McGonigal. She's a gamer and shes funny and fabulous. She goes over alot of huge benefits for game playing and a few talks on MMORPG games. I love her.

I know we shouldn't post links in here so you might have to look these up yourself.

Just google "Jane McGonigal TED" Her videos are in YouTube too.

Here is a little taste of whats in her talk "Gaming can make a better world"

Now, unfortunately this is more of the face that we see in everyday life now as we try to tackle urgent problems. This is what I call the "I'm Not Good At Life" face. This is actually me making it. Can you see? Yes. Good. This is me making the "I'm Not Good At Life" face. This is a piece of graffiti in my old neighborhood in Berkeley, California, where I did my PhD on why we're better in games than we are in real life. And this is a problem that a lot of gamers have. We feel that we are not as good in reality as we are in games.

I don't mean just good as in successful, although that's part of it. We do achieve more in game worlds. But I also mean good as in motivated to do something that matters -- inspired to collaborate and to cooperate. And when we're in game worlds, I believe that many of us become the best version of ourselves -- the most likely to help at a moment's notice, the most likely to stick with a problem as long at it takes, to get up after failure and try again. And in real life, when we face failure, when we confront obstacles, we often don't feel that way. We feel overcome, we feel overwhelmed, we feel anxious, maybe depressed, frustrated or cynical. We never have those feelings when we're playing games, they just don't exist in games. So that's what I wanted to study when I was a graduate student.

What about games makes it impossible to feel that we can't achieve everything? How can we take those feelings from games and apply them to real-world work? So I looked at games like World of Warcraft, which is really the ideal collaborative problem-solving environment. And I started to notice a few things that make epic wins so possible in online worlds.

<3<3<3<3<3

zios_coloured_small_by_dalekfell-dc7rj5o.png  

Main Toon: Nyteshade - Ranger Lvl 91 - Elaris server- I have a hard time seeing chat. Please don't be offended if I don't respond. Dragon's Prophet: Nyteshayde Ranger Lvl 97

• Yeah I myself feel more "complete" when I'm online, there's just something that kills it for me when I interact with people IRL that's just not there when I'm playing online games. Kinda the reason I work in a stable instead of a McDonald's too