Player Feedback and Suggestions that we feel need addressing

• Alright Developers, sit down and hear me out. I not only LOVE dragons, but have played some of the more notable FTP games on the market. I'm talking Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars 1, Aion, Archage, Neverwinter, Tera, Wild Star, and Rift among some others. Again, I love Dragons. No matter how the reviews are or how badly received the game is you bet I'm going to play it. I'm such a Dragon loving nerd I've played all the Drakan games, Have ALL the Drakengard games, I have Lair (The PS3 game with some amazing vissuals), Reign of Fire game, Spyro games, and even have movies that have done amazingly poor with reviews with dragons because they have DRAGONS! Heck! I even DRAW dragons (see icon) and have several original stories revolving around dragons.

Now I never played the original Dragon's Prophet because I hear the NA servers went down fairly early in the games life and no one really introduced me to it. But when I randomly saw this game advertised in my email I knew I had to give a look into it. Instantly I fell in love with the trailer. It was quirky, fun, and made the game seem so engaging and full of DRAGONS. It made me believe I could literally collect every dragon in this game (advertised as over 600 different Dragons) and that I could actually keep them all. Every single last one. So I instantly registered and downloaded the game. While I waited I went on a social media rampage, telling all my friends about it. Posting to tumblr, poking friends in discord showing EVERYONE I knew about this games existence.

Then came the time I was able to log in for the first time and was able to tame my first dragon as soon as I got out of the instanced beginning portion. I could even FLY at such a low level! I was ecstatic!

But then the limitations attacked… destroying all hopes and dreams of becoming a top collector of every single dragon in this game. My motivation dropped and having tamed 4 dragons; the maximum amount currently available without a hefty price tag, I found myself losing interest and that excitement I had telling all my friends instantly turned into me telling them to disregard the game until further notice.

I understand this is a recently released game and there’s bound to be a few hiccups along the way. But let the players help you make a remarkable game that’s talked about more than just on these forums. Let us help you to help us. In this thread I will list key things I’ve noticed that greatly deter me from wanting to further play beyond the starting area.

Anyone can add onto this! Let’s help them make this game great again!

Things behind a cashwall that I feel need to be changed:

-Mail should be sendable from anywhere when NOT near a mailbox but not receivable anywhere.

• The game has dragon mail carriers doesn’t it?

-The $39.99 Price tag to access Mail, Bank, and Auction house anywhere for an entire Month?

• This is an instant addition to a big fat NO. Many FTP MMO’s offer this feature as one time use items that players can buy for a very low cost. I would recommend switching these features to a single use access item that can be purchased for a low cost. You can even bundle some together in quantity packs for discounted prices. Say 5 Diamonds for a single use. A bundle of 10 for 45 Diamonds, a bundle of 100 for 475 diamonds. Not only would you make money off this.. People will continue to buy MORE.

- 30 Diamonds teleportation fees for ANY recorded location in your teleport book? WHAT?!

• In many MMO’s teleports cost in game currency to teleport to a location recorded or pinpointed within the game world itself. I understand where you’re coming from with this aspect charging diamonds to teleport.. But you should give the players the option to have a small handful of teleports for in game currency. And if players want additional slots? They can purchase those for say 500 diamonds. 500 diamonds would only be respectable IF Savage Hunt returns to the original Dragon’s Prophet pricing for exchanging Real Money into a Cash Shop currency.

-Bag and bank space should not cost the players thousands of dollars to unlock more space.

• As it stands in American Currency; to unlock all backpack and bank space it’ll cost us over or roughly $200 to unlock all spaces. This is NOT the standard price range in other FTP MMO’s. The unlock price only includes a measly 8 spaces. The average of some MMO's for unlocking additional bag space for a rough estimate of $4-$5 would net us anywhere from 10-20 bag spaces. Bank space for roughly $7-10 is anywhere from 20-30 additional spaces.

-Dragons should NOT be limited behind an enormous paywall.

• Dragons are the key motive behind this games potential success. You’ve advertised that we can TAME ALL dragons and COLLECT ALL dragons. But the truth is we can’t tame all dragons or collect all dragons. We have to release our dragons in order to tame more dragons because of a measly 4 slots only. 2 in Lair and 2 active with us and the rest guarded heavily by a greedy Lair dragon who forces us cough up over $700-$1,000 in order to unlock ALL slots for dragons which is only 204 slots... 204 slots in a game with over 600+ dragons to tame.

-The Real Money to Diamond conversion rate is WAY absurd.

• I never played the original Dragon’s Prophet game. The friend I mentioned earlier did as did many others here. It’s been brought up several times by original Dragon’s Prophet players that the Real Money to Diamond conversion rate was far less aggressive than this. $39.99 in Dragon’s Prophet netting you a little over 6,000 Diamonds. Where as here.. $49.99 nets you a whopping 4,400 Diamonds..

-Account wide features.

• Many games have the account wide features such as an account wide bank. And many features unlocked ACCOUNT WIDE. You’ve given us 12 FREE character slots and from what I understand everything is unlockable per character.. So.. for unlocking all Bag spaces and bank slots x 12 characters.. That is roughly $2,400 in American Currency.. Unlocking all Lair/Dragon slots? I’m not even going to list the price because I would faint. This is a huge fat NO and should not be this way. Some features need to be account wide unlocks. For sure the bank space needs to be an account wide unlock as well as accessible by all your characters. Here’s what I THINK you could get away with though.. Have the 204 slots for dragons be an account wide unlock but for additional slots you COULD get away with having them be per character for a smaller fee than what they are currently.

Look I get it, believe me I do. You’re trying to make money on a newly released, refurbished version of a game people liked to play. But you’re going about it in all the wrong ways with all these limitations and substantial player breaking decisions annoyingly placed behind insane and unfathomable paywalls. You make it seem like you don’t want this game to survive on a mass amount of players spreading the games name by word of mouth and only seem to want to cater to the few with a huge paycheck they get every week from some great job they have. I do not want to see this game suffer over fixes that could help you as developers grow and financially fund this games life.

• Now time for the additions and other changes I think this game needs..

-Crosshair for better aiming at targets.

• I admit it’s taking a bit to get used to how this games attacking works. The Right and Left Click mouse for base attacks is a little confusing. But what grates me more is when my character attacks an additional target because of where my aim is. This potentially leads to my characters death. It’s a nuisance that needs to be addressed.

-Further customization of hotkeys; including mouse peripherals.

• Again with the right click/left click to use combo attacks.. Sometimes my muscle memory makes me use the right click to turn the character and the left click to move the camera around with pressing both to move forward. In this game my memory makes me try to use these features and I accidently fire off a combo making myself feel like an absolute fool. We should be able to customize what each hotkey does, including those tied to our mouse. Let us use numbers 1 and 2 for our combo attacks and such.

-Dodging is too distracting.

• When I say this I mean you have to press like three different keys on your keyboard to even dodge. Why not just one key? In most games that have a dodging mechanic, the dodge is bound to one key with using the direction keys or the mouse to move your character in the direction you wish to dodge.

-Too many hotkeys that do nothing special.

• There are too many hotkeys that really should be options to put a check mark on in the interface options. Such as Hide/See All Friendly Dragon names. Why is this tied to a combo of keys on the keyboard?

-The mini map functions.

• Right.. Every game needs a mini-map. But what every other game has with their mini-map/map is a marker location to track where you need to go as well as tracking to keep track of which direction your party members have gone off to. It was really hard to find my friend on the mini-map and for them to find me when we were flying to Arboran. They knew where to go but I didn’t. So I constantly had to stop where I was, open the map, check where they were and continue on.

-Gathering.

• In the more successful games, gathering is per player not first come first serve. You want this to be the ultimate gathering game? Then you need to make resources available to everyone equally.

-The limitation on how high you fly in this game is extremely sketchy. We should not be punished for wanting to explore after getting our first dragon.

• I get it, you don’t want players flying too high and off the map to unfinished or closed off places of the game.. But that invisible wall that will sometimes knock your dragon down close to the ground into a potentially dangerous pack of enemies? No. I can’t tell you how many times I nearly had a panic attack when I; a lvl 8, was falling toward a pack of aggressive lvl 30 mobs just because I wanted to explore a bit and make a run to Arboran with a friend to see if things had changed from the original Dragon’s Prophet game. The limitation on how high one can fly needs to be horizontally level with the entire map. This is poor design choice and it limits the game so much.

-Time frame for having dragons out.

• This is one of the more difficult to understand design features. We have to have our dragons out in order to get the experience to transfer into Combat experience for their skills to develop. There is no definitive way to find out how long your dragon can stay out for (the active battle time) and I think this needs to be implemented so we can determine how much Charisma we need to invest in so we can level our dragons properly and with efficiency.

You claim this is the ultimate gathering game but it’s punishing us FOR gathering.

If you want to succeed you need to look at some of the most successful FTP games out there. Guild Wars 2 is a FTP game now (You can play the base game in its entirety for free but you have to buy expansion packs) and they have great success with their outstanding business model when it comes to utilizing the cash shop to procure funds. Their prices for things are just right without climbing to the unhealthy Pay to Win standard that FTP games are starting to adopt these days.

So far your business model is leaning towards the path of Pay to Win. People are being held hostage to pay for necessities few can afford but need in order to play the game and enjoy it. These things give the few players who CAN afford them an advantage over the average player who cannot afford the outrageous price tag. A pay to win game does not need to be classified as such by having exclusive and powerful weapons, armor usable items in the cash shop that give players advantage in battle, it is classified by gating necessary attributes and aspects of the game that are required to fully enjoy it.

If you want advertising - I would advertise the ever living hell out of this game. But in its current state of paywall nightmare mode? No. I’m sorry but my love of dragons and playing dragon oriented games will not make me pay your hefty price tag. I might as well stay in the starting zone the entire duration I play this game to level up until even the exp there is not worth it anymore. I refuse to venture out further and pass by potential dragons to add to my Lair because of the extremely strict limitations placed on this games need to survive.

• In addition to catering to the players need for bag space; And I had brought this up in another thread.

-Material Storage

• Some games offer storage for crafting materials or power up items. For material storage players can put materials in a separate part of the bank that can be easily accessed when at crafting stations. Similarly power up items; in this game invocations, dragon shards, ect, could be placed with dragon shards and the bag renamed to include enchantment items of all sorts.

-Quest Items separated from main bag.

• With how little bag space we start out with.. Quest items should have their own slot on the top row of organization. This cuts back on how fast our bags accumulate items as a lot of quests prior to level 10 and 20 have quest items with them.
  • -Guides. We need GUIDES!

• There is too much in this game with very little explanations. Such as the Auction House. To you it may seem like a simple endeavor but I'm having a difficult time on understanding how to post things on the auction house to sell. Other things also need to be included in guides. The Tool tips; If I'm not already aware, there is no way to go back and review them.
  • -Guides. We need GUIDES!

• There is too much in this game with very little explanations. Such as the Auction House. To you it may seem like a simple endeavor but I'm having a difficult time on understanding how to post things on the auction house to sell. Other things also need to be included in guides. The Tool tips; If I'm not already aware, there is no way to go back and review them.

Just search for "Dragons Prophet Guides" it's the completly same game and there are already a lot of guides for it. It makes no sense to write the same guides/tutorials for the same game again just because it changed his name. ;)

• Hey there,

thank you very much for all the input. Be assured that I am taking every possible step to make you heard here in the company.
    Regarding the development feedback: We are not the developers ourselves, so the route this feedback takes is a bit longer. Nonetheless, I still do my best as to gather every suggestion!

Greetings

Ildruin

• -Removing Dragon Skills should not cost us.

• Why does it cost Diamonds or for the matter ANY form of currency to remove a dragons skill we do not want? This make no sense as to why we should pay to remove something from anything. We can trash items we don't want for zero cot but we can't trash skills we don't want because its behind a fee... with real money. Please remove the cost of wanting to remove and unwanted skill our dragons have.
  • -Removing Dragon Skills should not cost us.

• Why does it cost Diamonds or for the matter ANY form of currency to remove a dragons skill we do not want? This make no sense as to why we should pay to remove something from anything. We can trash items we don't want for zero cot but we can't trash skills we don't want because its behind a fee... with real money. Please remove the cost of wanting to remove and unwanted skill our dragons have.

This is one of the few things where I disagree a bit with you.

I'm perfectly fine with the removal of dragon skills being a pay-to thing, if they add the possibility to remove skills for Dragon Insignias(shells)/ingame currency as well.

Then perhaps keep Academy Skill Crystals and Academy Dragon Soul Crystals Diamonds only, for those that do not wish to struggle with Field Training and saving up shells for removing unwanted skills.

• Things behind a cashwall that I feel need to be changed:

-Mail should be sendable from anywhere when NOT near a mailbox but not receivable anywhere.

• The game has dragon mail carriers doesn’t it?

- 30 Diamonds teleportation fees for ANY recorded location in your teleport book? WHAT?!

• In many MMO’s teleports cost in game currency to teleport to a location recorded or pinpointed within the game world itself. I understand where you’re coming from with this aspect charging diamonds to teleport.. But you should give the players the option to have a small handful of teleports for in game currency. And if players want additional slots? They can purchase those for say 500 diamonds. 500 diamonds would only be respectable IF Savage Hunt returns to the original Dragon’s Prophet pricing for exchanging Real Money into a Cash Shop currency.

So since I'm already disagreeing on one point, I've decided I may as well pick out other parts I don't quite agree with.

Mail sendable from anywhere: Not necessary, its a minor inconvenience at most to have to move to a mailbox, and you're usually not all that far away from one. Perhaps the dragon mail carriers only pick it up from the mailboxes, With exception of the people who do in fact invest Diamonds into it. It's a "Premium" service.

Teleportation fees: now, this I partly agree with, and the reason it's on my "disagree list", is because I'm under the assumption that the VIP system from Dragon's Prophet will at some point be added to Savage Hunt - the higher your VIP in DP, the more free daily teleports you get.

Note: Teleports are available for ingame currency(gold) through the Transportation NPC's located in the larger towns, though you are only able to teleport to other towns that you've visited, with a Transportation Officer, on the map in question.

-Dodging is too distracting.

• When I say this I mean you have to press like three different keys on your keyboard to even dodge. Why not just one key? In most games that have a dodging mechanic, the dodge is bound to one key with using the direction keys or the mouse to move your character in the direction you wish to dodge.

-Gathering.

• In the more successful games, gathering is per player not first come first serve. You want this to be the ultimate gathering game? Then you need to make resources available to everyone equally.

-Time frame for having dragons out.

• This is one of the more difficult to understand design features. We have to have our dragons out in order to get the experience to transfer into Combat experience for their skills to develop. There is no definitive way to find out how long your dragon can stay out for (the active battle time) and I think this needs to be implemented so we can determine how much Charisma we need to invest in so we can level our dragons properly and with efficiency.

Dodging: Shift + A/D really isnt that hard, and a lot of games use this mechanic

Gathering: Resources respawn pretty fast and not a lot of people actually gather. I understand your point, but I find it an unnessessary worry.

Time frame for dragons: Hit C, click "Damage" and go down to "Other abilities" There you'll find something called "Summon Time" and if you mouse over it, it will look like this: