When was the last time?

• Hello,

on March 3rd 2015, Sitheran and the 105 level cap was announced for Dragon's Prophet.

Any plans that were already announced that go past Sitheran have since not been commented on. This was in the same time period Infernum Games went belly-up and the previous large team was reduced.

That's all that is publicly available and we can assure you that we don't know more than that ourselves. :(

Greetings

Ildruin

• Boy those are loaded questions. :D

Gamigo does develop some titles in-house, but we are a publisher first. Publishers aquire the rights to host and market an online game, so a developer studio doesn't have to focus on satisfying international markets. That's the theory.

If we could aquire a game that we are currently only publishing and develop it ourselves has so many factors in it that I don't have an answer for you.
    Just to compare it, if you are really talented in fantasy writing, you can't just walk up to George R. R. Martin and straight up by the rights to finish A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones for television folks ^^ ).

Even if you made a good offer, he probably wouldn't want to give it up.

• But you could atleast give it a try. Has there been a try yet? The worst thing that could happen is rejection, thus nothing to lose :P

OR

It will not even receive a try, as gamigo does not see a future in the game and therefore will not further invest into it.

OR

many other possibilities ;)

• This could probably cause quite a few issues.

1. What if gamigo doesn't have game developers?

2. if they do, then they gotta learn the code, and a big part of the inside is likely written in Asian.

3. I hardly ever heard of gamigo before they took over dp. Even if it's better than no new content, I'm not super confident they have experienced game developers. (No offense you guys).

5. Imagine if they do or don't, they have to get paid for the work they do. Work that gamigo likely won't wanna invest in cause dp doesn't bring up enough money.

• This could probably cause quite a few issues.

1. What if gamigo doesn't have game developers?

2. if they do, then they gotta learn the code, and a big part of the inside is likely written in Asian.

3. I hardly ever heard of gamigo before they took over dp. Even if it's better than no new content, I'm not super confident they have experienced game developers. (No offense you guys).

5. Imagine if they do or don't, they have to get paid for the work they do. Work that gamigo likely won't wanna invest in cause dp doesn't bring up enough money.

Your answer sounds german to me, as in:

"Better don't even try, because it could cause problems, eventhough we don't know if it really does"

;)

• So correct if i am wrong! but this game is slowly walking to is death, as long runewaker, keeps the ownerships?

In truth as for now that sure sounds to me the exact thing that's to come , possible that we are just going to be like at the stage we are at but at 105.I been playing DP since launch and it's very much an old snail when it comes to new content.

Don't get me wrong i love DP/SH but if no more new content is to come witch every year so far is looking grim , so will this really end up like DP for the next year's to come ? (Getting nowhere fast)

Just wish there was more communication for you guy's so we can hear some good new's that SH will carry on but with new content.

Don't get me wrong i love DP/SH but if no more new content is to come witch every year so far is looking grim , so will this really end up like DP for the next year's to come ? (Getting nowhere fast)

Just wish there was more communication for you guy's so we can hear some good new's that SH will carry on but with new content.

To be honest when DP came out i was all full of hopes, because i loved the game idea, i really thought Runewaker, would actually keep working on getting new content and fixes for the game, and i would be able to play a great game, from is birth, like so old WOW, like to brag about.

However as time went on, i start realizing that runewaker, wasn´t that much interested in working that much in the game.

Just to compare it, if you are really talented in fantasy writing, you can't just walk up to George R. R. Martin and straight up by the rights to finish A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones for television folks ^^ ).
    Even if you made a good offer, he probably wouldn't want to give it up.How did you know that i write fantasy writing? XD

G.R.R. Martin its making millions, and always surrender by very young (almost anime like) Girls, so i am not expecting the book to come out any time soon. XD

However, it would take me allot of effort and time to get close to his work! But i have no doubt that could write better and very much interesting story for DP/SH.

I even have some fan fiction that i made for the game story, where i made even that almost ended the world of Auratia, so that i could rebuild the world as i please, and make characters and every thing around to suit better the base of the game story.

FFXI did just that with the a realm reborn! And players are monthly paying to play it.

• Your answer sounds german to me, as in:

"Better don't even try, because it could cause problems, eventhough we don't know if it really does"

;)

It's called common sense.

This is a Company, and unless it's a big well known Company with a well running game, you shouldn't expect this.

The game wouldn't earn enough money to even make this possible, volunteers wouldn't be a thing either.

A Company usually doesn't "try" with these sort of things. No matter how much ildruin may love the game. It's still all a matter of income. You're not gonna bet on a dying horse in the race.

• You couldn't be more wrong, unless your at the financial Department of gamigo and know the figures.

Value to Profit is the calculation here, not reputation.

So if SH/DP would generate more income within certain amount of time then it costs, you get profit. If that Profit over certain amount of time exceeds the Value, it could be profitable to make a further move (buy the develpment rights).

I'm not saying it is worth buying the development rights, but aslong as the Value = x (Unkown), there is no reason to call it unprofitable.

Of course making such a move includes more than just asking for the price, but that is for the financial department to judeg, as they know the figures and we just don't and probably never will.

• I know how profit works. And yes, since the game is running still, it's still profitable.

I don't know the finance apartment, but I've known my fair share of gamigo/infernum folk and just general knowledge of being around.

There is no way dp and sh would be profitable to allow it. I doubt the game has more than 200 active players.

There wouldn't be just the cost of buying the rights, they would have to hire coders (that gotta learn runewakers code, and likely asian), they gotta hire artists to draw out ideas, hire the 3d modelers that know how to use certain programs and fit the dp style. Then it has to all get tested, which may or may not take people hired and under nda.

And so much more. You don't have to be a genius to see gamigo isn't that type of publisher too.

• I will be honest, i see lot of stuff in the market store, the i like, but i wont invest money in dead game. I really love the game, the idea is amazing, however, if they want me to spend money on it, i need to be sure that the game is here for the long run.

And like me, i am pretty sure allot of players alike.

So until i start seeing active reports of stuff coming for the game (game fixes, new content, optimizations), i wont have enough confidence to spend anything here.